15x Ass. squad, A.armour, p.dagger, p.fist, 3x p.axes
15x Ass. squad, A.armour, p.dagger, p.fist, 3x p.axes
7x Tac. support squad, plasma guns

--- Elites ---
2x apothecaries, 2x jump packs

--- Fast Attack ---
2x Javelins, TL-CML, multimelta
6x Scimitar sky hunter squadron, 2x volkite culverins

Obviously both medics goes in an assault squad each. The idea is to have the champion footslog with the plasma support, as a "charge deterrent". The javelins to take out havy infantry and/or walkers, the Scimitars to keep distance to enemy units and pound power armour infantry from distance with the heavy bolters and 2x volkite culverins.

Plasma support with the champ will be most useful if I choose infiltration as mutable tactics. Which is good if I don't face WE, EC or SW, then I should consider choosing counter charge instead.

The 30k community is relatively uncompetetive compared to 40k so I'm trying to not be too competetive and therefore omitting shatter shell mortars, Leviathans, and dual kheres contemptors. What do you guys think of this list? Any apparent weaknesses?

I love most of it! The assault squads are exactly how I roll, Javellins are superb choice and Apothecaries make sense, though I always wonder if taking more marines wouldn't be more efficient instead. I usually slap Hunter-Killers on the Speeders, as they're dirt cheap and make first salvo even stronger.

Normally I would advise taking a Rhino for plasma squad so that they won't fall prey to enemy fire immediately. But then your warlord would have to go alone and this doesn't sound like a good idea.

I'm not completely sold on Sky Hunters - from my experience they are somewhat underwhelming (at least against other legions). I prefer melta Sky Slayers for some real punch but they are more expensive and have different battlefield role so you should probably stick to your unit.

The only thing that worries me is that your champion is a good fighter but his squad really don't want to be locked in combat. I understand that you see him as a "deterrent" but I think that he would complement something like Veteran squad better. For roughly the same price you could make them Weapon Masters for sweet WS5, give every one a combi-plasma and even take some axes. You would get a nice round of shooting and from next turn engage the enemy in close combat along the champ.

Thanks! That sounds like excellent idea, lucky me I magnetise the plasma guns, so it's just a matter of painting up some combiplasmas and a couple of axes.

Having the Champion in Cataphractii doesn't seem worth it when you can get a 2+, 4++ with regular items. I'd only have him in the armour if he's going around with others like him. If you swap for vets, he can't pursue anyone you beat up.

I'd be tempted to switch the champion for a chaplain and join him to an assault squad, he'll give the unit a lot more punch.

I'd also recommend swapping the support squad for vets with combi plasma, outflank will give a nice 'surprise' element to your list.

Archived