New style chaos Pauldron (shoulder guard)

slitth

Have you notice that all the new models have a new style Pauldron?

All of the have the "front corner" missing.

The look cool and all that.

And its good that they have a visual difference from the loyal and the old models.

But I kinda like using the special legion Pauldron that you could get from GW and FW.

What do you think of the new design and do you think that we are getting new special legion Pauldron?

I have noticed this and I have been trying to think of ways to work around it since I would like to get some of the forgeworld night lords shoulders and heads.  I still need to test it out, but I am thinking that taking a round file to the corners of a mk3 shoulder should get something close.  I may have to add some greenstuff to add some more trim around the parts that get filed away.

I love the look - I have been using it since the DV Chosen (using press moulds) so my guys already use this aesthetic :tu:

@ robofish, you could always do something similar with the icon and glue it onto one of the new shoulder pads?

GW may do an upgrade kit, but I can’t see it.

Yeah, press molding is what I'd recommend. Should be able to use some instant mold to make stampers for the shoulder icon, then use that & a small blob of greenstuff to apply the icon to the new style shoulders.

I honestly love the new shoulder pad shape. Fortunately I already have some molds made from the dv chosen shoulders. Ill make some new ones from the new chaos kit, and use them to replace the pads on my raptors & possessed as well.

Personally I'll be planning on mixing and matching as I see fit for any given model. My current philosophy has long been one of variety and variation anyway I have used shoulder pads lifted from the chaos knights from fantasy, from helstriders and various playlists, I have sculpted my own legion icons onto terminator pads from time to time added cloths, ropes, chains, books and who knows what else! I even have a Chosen Champion model that uses the breast plates of vampire counts skeletons for Pauldrons! New parts are just new parts! I will add them into the mix, and there is no guarantee that any given marine will have a matching pair!

Archived