Just had a 1200 pt game vs death guard.

I brought:

20 Tzaangors

10 Tzaangors

10 Tzaangors

3 Daemon Princes

2 Tzaangor Shaman

3x3 Tzaangor Englightened greatbows

I could not kill anything save 3 poxwalker models, and 1 plagueburst crawler. He had enough of the table that I could not stay away from him with my speed.

He had:

1 DP

Typhus

30 poxwalkers, 

plagueburst crawler,

plague drone

Terminators with plasma and bolters

and a foul blightspawn.

My spells were mostly buffing spells like prescience, unholy strength, +1 to Invul save, -1 to hit, Gaze of Fate, etc.

Not sure what to do against them. Any advice?

Well you've been running 1200p of squishy guys with not exactly strong weapons against the most durable Marines with the most durable chaff and their durable vehicles. Except for playing the mission (whatever it was) I could have told you from the beginning that actually fighting DG head on with your list would be a terrible idea. :sweat:

I think one thing to check on is your target priority. Most of your stuff has an invuln and your opponent is extremely resilient. 

Is the plague crawler armed with flamers? Is it static, or moving around? I'd try to avoid if at all possible until the end of the game

The Foul Blightspawn has to go. He'll ruin your day if he gets his toilet cannon off on your characters, or you try assaulting around him.

My number one recommendation for you if you want to go heavy thousand sons is to get Ahriman. He's one of the best characters in the game and gives you a better chance of getting off more powers, and shutting down Miasma, etc.

Playstyle advice for this set up I'd recommend you shift to heavy mortal wound powers. Get smite rolling and target characters with the other powers when it makes sense to do so.

Fair enough for that matchup. Just had a game tonight where I had 70% of my army wiped by Plasma Scions/Taurox Prime Gatling cannons/3 Valk Delivery system first turn (1200 pt game). So, I'm rethinking everything now .. I was told to add in a detatchment of nurglings, for the scouting/screening/cp ... and I'm heavily considering it for some extra screening ...

Unlucky, base rubrics should be getting like a 1+ armour save Vs damage 1 weapons when going second using the stratagem, right? 0+ in cover. Few weapons have the ap-5 needed to strip that back to your invun.

Maybe invest in cultists as a screen? Or transports for units?

I will try some rhinos and the stratagem. He does like to supercharge his plasma, so all is dust won’t help.

Ok, in that case I suggest undying form (almost turns the D2 plasma back to D1) and liberal use of glamour of tzeentch.

Glamour can be lethal to any unit relying on overcharged plasma with rerolls as rerolls are done befoe modifiers. It cuts the number of hits significantly, but also a 2 becomes a 1 after 1's a rerolled. 

If they dont have a source of rerolls, they're in even more trouble, losing 1/3 of their overcharging plasma each turn.

If they choose not to overcharge, all is dust comes into play. 

Archived