A warband despising the Imperium AND Chaos?

Lord Kallozar

Most "renegade" warbands go through a grey phase where they still actively fight Chaos but also abandon the Empire... but they all eventually fall to Chaos... or at least I've never heard of one that didn't eventually. The Red Corsairs are "independent" but I've never read anything that suggested that they actually hated Chaos.

The Night Lords at their core hate both Chaos and the Empire, they are forced to ally with other Chaos warbands just to survive. In theory at least they purge Chaos corruption from their own ranks but the omnibus paints a different picture where much of the legion is already irreversibly corrupted. Those who stay true to their primarch just side with Chaos and fight the empire out of some sort of warped principles. They would rather damn humanity then allow the empire to get away with the hypocrisy of their primarch's treatment after the expansion.

Most "renegade" warbands go through a grey phase where they still actively fight Chaos but also abandon the Empire... but they all eventually fall to Chaos... or at least I've never heard of one that didn't eventually.

The Ashen Claws.

They originated as the remaining Terran Raven Guard that Corax exiled just after the Battle of Gate 42. The Carcharodons also came out of that group.

Except where the Carcharodons remained loyal to the Imperium, the Ashen Claws did not, as they felt they had been abandoned (can't disagree with them either).

They still actively fight against Chaos, and while not actively fighting against the Imperium they feel no loyalty to it either.

Archived