Is there any reason to expect Magnus the Red to be on Terra? I checked Index Astartes but it doesn't mention it at all (and also has Daemon Magnus fighting alongside Horus at isstvan V, so . . .)

He was on Terra in William King's old piece, where he lead the Thousand Sons in the first wave trying to take the spaceports, alongside Angron, Fulgrim, Mortarion and their legions.

When Khârn finally falls (if anyone other than Sigismund does it I'm going to be massively let down) I want him to go through a similar experience to

Herrtak in Titandeath
and have that moment of the rage fading and being completely at peace only to have it snatched away with the realisation that he'll do this forever.

When Khârn finally falls (if anyone other than Sigismund does it I'm going to be massively let down) I want him to go through a similar experience to

Herrtak in Titandeath
and have that moment of the rage fading and being completely at peace only to have it snatched away with the realisation that he'll do this forever.

I prefer he simply dies from multiple wounds via multiple opponents plus overexhaustion (as he hasn't fully received Khorne's blessing until after the siege)

Sigismund runs away from Khârn, seeing the World Eater as beyond mortal

Would like to see Lucius vs Sigismund. Sometimes, the best tactic is to retreat (Even Black Templars know when to give up)

Herrtak in Titandeath

I prefer he simply dies from multiple wounds via multiple opponents plus overexhaustion (as he hasn't fully received Khorne's blessing until after the siege)

Would like to see Lucius vs Sigismund. Sometimes, the best tactic is to retreat (Even Black Templars know when to give up)

Yeah, as if Sigismund would run from Khârn.

Herrtak in Titandeath

Edited by Sete

I still prefer the notion that Khârn doesn't fall in a duel, but is overwhelmed when the first Black Rage overtakes the Blood Angels.

You mean overwhelmed by hundreds of the very first Death Company Astartes!

Khârn killed over a Million people. Wouldn't surprise me if he killed Knights, Super-Heavy Tanks, Terminators AND Custodes!

I still prefer the notion that Khârn doesn't fall in a duel, but is overwhelmed when the first Black Rage overtakes the Blood Angels.

You mean overwhelmed by hundreds of the very first Death Company Astartes!

Khârn killed over a Million people. Wouldn't surprise me if he killed Knights, Super-Heavy Tanks, Terminators AND Custodes!

Can’t believe you’ve managed to over hype Khârn, the guys a beast that’s going to carve a bloody path through the siege and yet you’ve still managed to overhype him.

It’s more than feasible that Khârn will loose a one on one battle with Sigismund and it wouldn’t take anywhere near hundreds of Black Rage Blood Angels to kill him.

I kinda hope that ADB will handle Khârn's demise, something as dramatic & respectful (albeit with a bit more detail!) as we got for Sigismunds fall would be great. He crafted quite a likeable character of Khârn in Betrayer and his appearance in Templar was pretty awesome... the pieces are all there, we just need the right author to arrange them for us! :happy.:

Herrtak in Titandeath

Sigismund is an Imperial Fist. Imperial Fists do not retreat.

A surprise Nick Kyme novel where it turns out that Vulkan was the actually the Primarch who died on the vengeful spirit, only he doesnt actually die!. This inspires battle brothers T'qwertyuiop and T'asdfghjkl and all their indistinguishable friends to fire anvilishly at the traitors saving the day while Vulkan Lives. Dragons. Edited by grailkeeper

Is there any reason to expect Magnus the Red to be on Terra? I checked Index Astartes but it doesn't mention it at all (and also has Daemon Magnus fighting alongside Horus at isstvan V, so . . .)

He was on Terra in William King's old piece, where he lead the Thousand Sons in the first wave trying to take the spaceports, alongside Angron, Fulgrim, Mortarion and their legions.

Yes, the fluff has always had the 4 god-aligned legions spearheading the Siege with the SoH as the reserve force that Horus planned to commit once the walls were breached. I am sure the new novels will give a bigger role to the IWs in making that breach although it is not clear how much the NLs or Alphas will participate.

Lorgar also assured Horus in one of the novels that he had forseen Magnus fighting at their side on Terra so his presence at the siege seems highly likely.

If I recall correctly, I think Magnus only joined Horus in on the Siege because he wishes to reclaim a shard of himself that is on Terra.

That is definitely the implication at the end of Crimson King. Poor old Magnus, we already know there is nothing left for him to reclaim. It would not have made any difference to the siege but I wonder how the subsequent history of the 1K Sons would have gone if Magnus had been fully restored rather than remaining a fractured entity? Perhaps it would have made no difference. They were too far gone along the road to damnation to turn back, even if Magnus had recovered that shard that contained his nobler self.

Arik Tanaris killing Khârn would be a great way to go.

I think the potential for him is really special, and it would be a bit of payback for the WE participating in the culling of the Thunder Warriors. Perhaps the two might even know eachother and be hoping for just such a confrontation. Could be some really tense moments in that story!

To be fair, Lucius didn't get 'handled' by Sanakht. He won pure and simple, and would have killed him if not stopped by Ahriman.

Crimson king has sanahkt win very convincingly past that moment. It in fact sends him into an even deeper spiral.

All I want is for Sigismund to reap a whole bunch of prominent traitors when he goes on his Emperor's Champion rampage instead of only chopping a bunch of small fry we've never heard of, but I'm not sure how many prominent ones there are for him to kill. Feels like every time I read about a traitor who's going to take part in the Siege I find out five minutes later that he survives. "Cough Skraivok cough."

All I want is for Sigismund to reap a whole bunch of prominent traitors when he goes on his Emperor's Champion rampage instead of only chopping a bunch of small fry we've never heard of, but I'm not sure how many prominent ones there are for him to kill. Feels like every time I read about a traitor who's going to take part in the Siege I find out five minutes later that he survives. "Cough Skraivok cough."

I dunno, I think it'd be pretty cool for Sigismund to appear in a vignette every few chapters, just wiping out traitor champions including Skraivok... only to have a much later scene where Skraivok crawls from the small mountain of bodies Sigismund made, coughing and bleeding. "Back to the subtle approach then."