Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Siege of Terra Rampant Speculation and Wishlisting Thread

Horus Heresy Horus heresy black library Aaron Dembski-Bowden Dan Abnett Guy Haley Gav Thorpe Chris Wraight John French

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,650 posts

Is there any reason to expect Magnus the Red to be on Terra? I checked Index Astartes but it doesn't mention it at all (and also has Daemon Magnus fighting alongside Horus at isstvan V, so . . .)

He was on Terra in William King's old piece, where he lead the Thousand Sons in the first wave trying to take the spaceports, alongside Angron, Fulgrim, Mortarion and their legions.

Manchu warlord

Manchu warlord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 324 posts
If I recall correctly, I think Magnus only joined Horus in on the Siege because he wishes to reclaim a shard of himself that is on Terra.

Insult me again, brother, and theoretically I will punch you in your practical face.

Balthamal

Balthamal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,690 posts
  • Faction: XX Legion - The Downfall

When Khârn finally falls (if anyone other than Sigismund does it I'm going to be massively let down) I want him to go through a similar experience to

Spoiler
and have that moment of the rage fading and being completely at peace only to have it snatched away with the realisation that he'll do this forever.

• Karhedron, RedFurioso and Manchu warlord like this

Moonreaper666

Moonreaper666

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 358 posts

When Khârn finally falls (if anyone other than Sigismund does it I'm going to be massively let down) I want him to go through a similar experience to

Spoiler
and have that moment of the rage fading and being completely at peace only to have it snatched away with the realisation that he'll do this forever.

I prefer he simply dies from multiple wounds via multiple opponents plus overexhaustion (as he hasn't fully received Khorne's blessing until after the siege)

Sigismund runs away from Khârn, seeing the World Eater as beyond mortal

Would like to see Lucius vs Sigismund. Sometimes, the best tactic is to retreat (Even Black Templars know when to give up)

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,280 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

Spoiler

I prefer he simply dies from multiple wounds via multiple opponents plus overexhaustion (as he hasn't fully received Khorne's blessing until after the siege)
Would like to see Lucius vs Sigismund. Sometimes, the best tactic is to retreat (Even Black Templars know when to give up)

Yeah, as if Sigismund would run from Khârn.
  • Marshal Rohr, Cerbero666, Biscuittzz and 1 other like this

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,130 posts

Spoiler

🤣🤣🤣🤣
I want a bit of what you are smoking.

Edited by Sete, 26 March 2019 - 05:21 PM.

• Lord_Caerolion, Marshal Rohr, Marshal Loss and 5 others like this

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,039 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion
You can't expect the black knight to run from a guy that got handled by sharrowkyn and sanahkt. The guy who waited for abbadon for a thousand years...

Morovir

Morovir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 524 posts

To be fair, Lucius didn't get 'handled' by Sanakht. He won pure and simple, and would have killed him if not stopped by Ahriman.

• DarkChaplain likes this

ETL_2015_Banner_03d_Primus_Inter_Pares.jETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jp

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,545 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers

I still prefer the notion that Khârn doesn't fall in a duel, but is overwhelmed when the first Black Rage overtakes the Blood Angels.

• Lord_Caerolion and Knockagh like this

Moonreaper666

Moonreaper666

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 358 posts

I still prefer the notion that Khârn doesn't fall in a duel, but is overwhelmed when the first Black Rage overtakes the Blood Angels.

You mean overwhelmed by hundreds of the very first Death Company Astartes!

Khârn killed over a Million people. Wouldn't surprise me if he killed Knights, Super-Heavy Tanks, Terminators AND Custodes!

mc warhammer

mc warhammer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,172 posts
Khârn also kills sanguinnius, a terminator, a custodes and a guardsman on the vengeful spirit before killing the shields (void shields for the shield god!) and jumping out the window in front of a baffled horus
  • Cerbero666, Chaplain Dosjetka, Knockagh and 6 others like this
can't touch this
can't touch this
can't touch this
warhammer time!

pandion40

pandion40

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 94 posts

You mean overwhelmed by hundreds of the very first Death Company Astartes!
Khârn killed over a Million people. Wouldn't surprise me if he killed Knights, Super-Heavy Tanks, Terminators AND Custodes!

Can’t believe you’ve managed to over hype Khârn, the guys a beast that’s going to carve a bloody path through the siege and yet you’ve still managed to overhype him.

It’s more than feasible that Khârn will loose a one on one battle with Sigismund and it wouldn’t take anywhere near hundreds of Black Rage Blood Angels to kill him.
  • Sandlemad and Wulfburk like this

pandion40

pandion40

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 94 posts

Khârn also kills sanguinnius, a terminator, a custodes and a guardsman on the vengeful spirit before killing the shields (void shields for the shield god!) and jumping out the window in front of a baffled horus

Well done much better than my reply
  • mc warhammer, Marshal Rohr and Wulfburk like this

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,545 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers
I'd just like to make clear that I meant Khârn and the warriors around him should simply be gored and streamrollered by the frenzied Blood Angels. "We all die badly," after all ;)

JH79

JH79

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 355 posts
  • Faction: Wardens of Darkness

I kinda hope that ADB will handle Khârn's demise, something as dramatic & respectful (albeit with a bit more detail!) as we got for Sigismunds fall would be great. He crafted quite a likeable character of Khârn in Betrayer and his appearance in Templar was pretty awesome... the pieces are all there, we just need the right author to arrange them for us! happy.png

• mc warhammer and betrayer41 like this

LordValrak

LordValrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,428 posts

By the gods I want some Fafnir Raan love, I love my boy Sigismund, but I want the skull taker to get his axe wet!

Also, Valdor, I want to see him go beast mode, this guy is on a level with the Prmarchs IMO.

And Vulkan, he's down there, surely he gets to wrestle something.

• JH79 and Wulfburk like this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Executioners Chapter  happy.png

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 642 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard/Grey Knights

Spoiler

Sigismund is an Imperial Fist. Imperial Fists do not retreat.

grailkeeper

grailkeeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 445 posts
  • Faction: Vylka Fenrika
A surprise Nick Kyme novel where it turns out that Vulkan was the actually the Primarch who died on the vengeful spirit, only he doesnt actually die!. This inspires battle brothers T'qwertyuiop and T'asdfghjkl and all their indistinguishable friends to fire anvilishly at the traitors saving the day while Vulkan Lives. Dragons.

Edited by grailkeeper, 27 March 2019 - 01:57 PM.

• Kelborn likes this

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,256 posts

Is there any reason to expect Magnus the Red to be on Terra? I checked Index Astartes but it doesn't mention it at all (and also has Daemon Magnus fighting alongside Horus at isstvan V, so . . .)

He was on Terra in William King's old piece, where he lead the Thousand Sons in the first wave trying to take the spaceports, alongside Angron, Fulgrim, Mortarion and their legions.

Yes, the fluff has always had the 4 god-aligned legions spearheading the Siege with the SoH as the reserve force that Horus planned to commit once the walls were breached. I am sure the new novels will give a bigger role to the IWs in making that breach although it is not clear how much the NLs or Alphas will participate.

Lorgar also assured Horus in one of the novels that he had forseen Magnus fighting at their side on Terra so his presence at the siege seems highly likely.

If I recall correctly, I think Magnus only joined Horus in on the Siege because he wishes to reclaim a shard of himself that is on Terra.

That is definitely the implication at the end of Crimson King. Poor old Magnus, we already know there is nothing left for him to reclaim. It would not have made any difference to the siege but I wonder how the subsequent history of the 1K Sons would have gone if Magnus had been fully restored rather than remaining a fractured entity? Perhaps it would have made no difference. They were too far gone along the road to damnation to turn back, even if Magnus had recovered that shard that contained his nobler self.
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Balthamal

Balthamal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,690 posts
  • Faction: XX Legion - The Downfall

The ending to Slaves to Darkness makes the fact Magnus is on Terra pretty explicit regardless of anything else

karden00

karden00

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 762 posts
Arik Tanaris killing Khârn would be a great way to go.
I think the potential for him is really special, and it would be a bit of payback for the WE participating in the culling of the Thunder Warriors. Perhaps the two might even know eachother and be hoping for just such a confrontation. Could be some really tense moments in that story!

'Lorgar has his own battles to fight, Erebus,' replied Horus sharply. 'Should he fail at Calth, all this will be for nothing if Guilliman's Legion is allowed to intervene.
You can always ally the Dark Angels to your current ultramarine force.
Never.
My Ultramarines aren't taking the field with traitors.
That's what Dark Vengeance is. A box of traitors.

"Now I have a plasma cannon. LOGISTICS LOGISTICS LOGISTICS."

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,039 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion

To be fair, Lucius didn't get 'handled' by Sanakht. He won pure and simple, and would have killed him if not stopped by Ahriman.

Crimson king has sanahkt win very convincingly past that moment. It in fact sends him into an even deeper spiral.

Karthak

Karthak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 321 posts

All I want is for Sigismund to reap a whole bunch of prominent traitors when he goes on his Emperor's Champion rampage instead of only chopping a bunch of small fry we've never heard of, but I'm not sure how many prominent ones there are for him to kill. Feels like every time I read about a traitor who's going to take part in the Siege I find out five minutes later that he survives. "Cough Skraivok cough."

nagashnee

nagashnee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 266 posts
I want the truly fallen dark mechanicum unleashed . Mars uncaged, and the deaths of some of the top fallen tech lords from mechanicum. A showdown between kelbor hal and Kane (sp?) Has great potential.

The Mechanicum Never Deletes Anything.

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,650 posts

All I want is for Sigismund to reap a whole bunch of prominent traitors when he goes on his Emperor's Champion rampage instead of only chopping a bunch of small fry we've never heard of, but I'm not sure how many prominent ones there are for him to kill. Feels like every time I read about a traitor who's going to take part in the Siege I find out five minutes later that he survives. "Cough Skraivok cough."

I dunno, I think it'd be pretty cool for Sigismund to appear in a vignette every few chapters, just wiping out traitor champions including Skraivok... only to have a much later scene where Skraivok crawls from the small mountain of bodies Sigismund made, coughing and bleeding. "Back to the subtle approach then."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Horus Heresy, Horus, heresy, black library, Aaron Dembski-Bowden, Dan Abnett, Guy Haley, Gav Thorpe, Chris Wraight, John French

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users