Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pathfinder Vanguard Move

pathfinders vanguard embark

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

9x19 Parabellum

9x19 Parabellum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,039 posts

Can I use my Pathfinder's Vanguard move to embark within a transport before the first turn begins? 

Example: 
A pathfinder unit deploys within 10" of an empty Devilfish. 
Using their vanguard ability, they move 7", and, having ended their move within 3" of a transport, they embark upon it. 

The wording next to "embarking" in the Main Rulebook seems to make this legit as it does not specify "in their Movement phase"

Why Would I want to do that? 
To allow their accompany drones to be on the table at deployment within protection range of something useful, but allow the Pathfinders to take shelter against no-LOSattacks before the game begins.

The poster previously known as Rocmistro
No, it's not a bolter caliber! 9x19, dedicated Blood Angels and Raven Guard aficionado.

gallery_95196_13406_23821.jpg gallery_95196_14997_633.jpg

Eddie Orlock

Eddie Orlock

++ FRATERIS TEMPLAR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,059 posts
  • Faction: Storm Angels

Per the rulebook FAQ embarkation has errata to only happen in the movement phase, sorry.

https://whc-cdn.game...rulebook_en.pdf

First page, right hand column.

"Academic politics is the most vicious and bitter form of politics, because the stakes are so low."
- Wallace Sayre

The continued future of the Bolter and Chainsword is in your hands.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pathfinders, vanguard, embark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users