Skull Altar Rules?

Khornestar

Have we seen non-blurry pics/description of what the skull altar does yet?

I found the rules on reddit:

Skull Altar- increases invulns for khorne daemon characters by 1 (max of 3++) gives +1 attack to khorne daemon infantry within 6, increases a characters locus ability to 12 inches and also applies a negative to enemy psychic tests. It can be summoned apparently.

Source

Hilariously, the Skull Altar's abilities imply that it can be summoned, however it doesn't have the Daemonic Ritual ability - clearly an oversight that I expect to be errata'd fairly quickly. We just need to remember to email GW about it when the book actually comes out.

My only concern is that its bonuses are pretty short-ranged: the invul bonus is only for Khorne Daemon characters on the altar itself, the locus bonus is only for Khorne Daemon characters within 8", and the psychic test penalty only applies to psykers within 8" (or maybe it's 6", can't quite read the blurry picture). Not the kind of thing that works too well for an army that wants to leave its deployment zone.

That said, it does have some uses: start a Bloodthirster with Armour of Scorn on it for a nice 3+ invulnerable (in case you have to go second). Or you can summon it - apparently, if you do then the summoning character gets moved to the top of the altar, which is one of the few times you can move after summoning. You could theoretically then use the Daemon stratagem to summon a second time, effectively giving you an extra 4" or so to summon a unit for a potential first turn charge.

Edit: just realised that the invul save bonus only applies to Khorne Daemons Infantry Characters, so it wouldn't help the Bloodthirster. That does limit things somewhat...

Does that +1 attack include khorne possessed too?

Yes it does. All Khorne Daemons within 16" of an occupied altar get +1 A and it increases the moels Locus ability to 12". Summon it on turn 2 in the middle of the field and got to town. This faction terrains are awesome.

I mean, I won't rule out everything being dropped this weekend, since its also 2 weeks after the end of adepticon, but their published stuff literally says that the codex errata schedule is independent of the big FAQ schedule. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/19/coming-soon-warhammer-40000-2019-faqs-update-1gw-homepage-post-2/

Archived