Is this a douche bag list?

Myphetic Duck

I have played 4 games of 8th edition with my deathguard and wanted to play a mobile 1500pts. Just wanted to check opinions to see if I will be banished from the local meta lol.

Battalion

HQ

Plaguecaster

Lord of contagion

Troops

3x 10 poxwalkers

Fast Attack

3 myphetic blight haulers

Outrider detachment

HQ

Lord of Contagion

Fast Attack

4x foetid Bloat Drones (plague spitters)

Comes in at 1497pts with 9CP.

What do you guys think?

I have played 4 games of 8th edition with my deathguard and wanted to play a mobile 1500pts. Just wanted to check opinions to see if I will be banished from the local meta lol.

Battalion

HQ

Plaguecaster

Lord of contagion

Troops

3x 10 poxwalkers

Fast Attack

3 myphetic blight haulers

Outrider detachment

HQ

Lord of Contagion

Fast Attack

4x foetid Bloat Drones (plague spitters)

Comes in at 1497pts with 9CP.

What do you guys think?

As long as your meta doesn't practice the "Rule of 3" this is a fine list. Otherwise drop a drone which frees up 160 points to invest in something else.

I really like the squad of blight haulers, which is a personal preference. 3 x 10 poxwalkers is okay. I don't really like the double LoC in this list simply because they don't gel with the rest of the army. If you are wanting to stay mobile, I would look at a prince with talons and wings instead.

First off, thanks for the advice.

So I dropped both LoC's and 1 Bloat drone and ended up with this.

Battalion

HQ

Plaguecaster

Typhus

Troops

12 Poxwalkers

12 Poxwalkers

11 Poxwalkers

Fast Attack

3 Myphetic Blight haulers

Outrider

HQ

Daemon prince with wings

Fast Attack

3x Bloat drones spitter

Bang on 1500pts

If anyone is complaining in your groups about this list then their competitive standards are pretty low.

This list is a good one for casual and fun games but is nowhere near cheesy or making you look like a "Douche bag".

2 deredeo and a leviathan with 3 PBC is a different story.

Yea, not really seeing why you'd be worried. Looks like a fun list to play with, but You might have a hard time winning games. 

3 blight haulers are expensive with no real units to buff.

30 Poxwalkers are ok for scoring, but squishy. You'll have a hard time in objective matches. 

Plaguespitters destroy in casual games. That is probably why OP was worried. At the beginning of 8th I was melting C'tan with my drones and people were not very happy. If you don't play much 40k drones can be startlingly good and sometimes newer or unimaginative players are shocked when they charge one and die. 

• 3 weeks later...

I would prefer to have 3 plague crawlers with spitters instead of myphitic blight haulers.

When people see 3 plague crawlers and 3 spitter drones followed by some flying DP's rush them they usually panic.

Dont tell everyone about my list! but if you do you missed off the twin butcher leviathan and contemptor 

I would prefer to have 3 plague crawlers with spitters instead of myphitic blight haulers.

When people see 3 plague crawlers and 3 spitter drones followed by some flying DP's rush them they usually panic.

Dont tell everyone about my list! but if you do you missed off the twin butcher leviathan and contemptor 

2k point list then?

2k point list then?

2000 points if you want both contemptor and leviathan 

Daemon battalion

Pox bringer x 2

Nurglings x 3 units

DG Outrider

DP wings

Spitter Drones x 3

DG Spear head

Chaos Lord

Spitter crawlers x 3

Butcher Leviathan (replace with 2nd contemptor for a 1750 list)

Butcher Contemptor

It tends to ground out victories and last till turn 6. But I never smash opponents  

Archived