Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Deathwatch 40k - every chapter project

Deathwatch

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Gust0o

Gust0o

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

So, this is somewhere between awesome idea and fool's errand!

The original intent was to create a finished miniature for each of the official GW chapters - though I'm a massive fan of the 1000 Chapter Project on this site, and the temptation to paint up some of those great schemes has proven a bit too much :)

It'll take a while to paint all 1,094 official and fan chapters - not least because people keep creating more! But I'd like to use this thread and my Facebook page to share progress with you all, take feedback, and take suggestions about which chapters to paint next.

I need to work out how best to visualise progress, but let's have some eye candy to get the ball rolling :)

Aquamarine

Aquamarine1
Aquamarine2

Tempus Guard

Tempus Guard
TempusGuard

Imperius Reiver

ImpReiver1
ImpReiver2

Excoriator

Excoriator1
Excoriator2

Steel Confessor

Steel1
Steel2

Angel Penitent

AngPenitent1

Titan of Uros

TitansOfUros1

Amethyst Askari

Amethyst Askari

Subjugator

Sub1
Sub2

• Crovan, mel_danes, Chaplain Dosjetka and 5 others like this

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 857 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

Omg the quality is amazing...eagerly awaiting more 

Krash

• Gust0o likes this

Ad Victoriam

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,487 posts
  • Faction: Sons Of Doom,Vanquishers
Great to see this have it's own thread now! :D Will be a pleasure to see each Deathwatch Marine grow the army in full.

Cambrius
  • Gust0o likes this

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,842 posts
  • Faction: IV Legion, XIII Legion

That's awesome man! I love Deathwatch projects like this! Give me a shout when you reach G my diy chapter is still on that website I think.

• Gust0o likes this

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,487 posts

That's awesome man! I love Deathwatch projects like this! Give me a shout when you reach G my diy chapter is still on that website I think.

The Ghost Dragons if I recall? They wrre a good challenge to paint the symbol.

Cambrius
  • Reyner and Gust0o like this

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 449 posts
I love how most (if not all?) of these still retain, in addition to the original shoulder pad, their original helmet color. That was a plan I had in mind for an eventual Deathwatch army until I realized I didn’t want an army wearing black armour... 🤦‍♂️
  • Gust0o likes this

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,066 posts
  • Faction: Eagles Eternal
Oh this adds a whole new reason to be excited. Can't wait till you do E!
  • Gust0o likes this
USMC based Space Marines, the Eagles Eternal check out their WIP blog at The Eagle Spire
Eagles Eternal 4-1-1
gallery_45765_12339_49118.pngETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_03.jpggallery_48988_6285_5081.jpggallery_48988_6285_1098.jpggallery_48988_6285_1641.jpg

Gust0o

Gust0o

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

Thanks matey - it's a totally mad project, but it's going to be loads of fun! The Ghost Dragons look interesting - any tips for the logo?

I love how most (if not all?) of these still retain, in addition to the original shoulder pad, their original helmet color. That was a plan I had in mind for an eventual Deathwatch army until I realized I didn’t want an army wearing black armour... ‍♂

Yeah, I've taken some artistic licence - otherwise I'll have a pretty uniform army, and the intent was to show some of the character and diversity of the various space marine chapters. That and you feel like you're going mad painting your 50th black armoured marine in a row :D

Oh this adds a whole new reason to be excited. Can't wait till you do E!

Let me know if you have a chapter there, can always bump up the queue :)

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,265 posts

I really like what you've done so far. Keep up the great work. :tu:

• Gust0o likes this

tn_gallery_45765_15430_660.pnggallery_45765_14340_43444.jpgtn_gallery_45765_11834_1547.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Accept all challenges, no matter the odds.

Suffer not the Heretic to live.

Abhor the Typo.

Gust0o

Gust0o

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

Thanks for the welcome and warm feedback all - some older models here:

Silver Skull

Skull1
Skull2

Hawklord

Hawklords

Exorcist

Excorcist
Excorcist2

Mantis Warrior

MantisWarrior

Rift Stalker

Rift Stalkers

Imperial Fist

ImpFist

Iron Snakes

IronSnakes

Crimson Fist

CrimsonFist

Blood Drinker

BloodDrinker

Angel of Vengeance

AngelsofVengeance

• Chaplain Dosjetka, Bjorn Firewalker and Robbienw like this

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,066 posts
They’re the Eagles Eternal. That iron snake looks great. Are the unique helms from DW kits?
USMC based Space Marines, the Eagles Eternal check out their WIP blog at The Eagle Spire
Eagles Eternal 4-1-1
gallery_45765_12339_49118.pngETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_03.jpggallery_48988_6285_5081.jpggallery_48988_6285_1098.jpggallery_48988_6285_1641.jpg

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,842 posts
  • Faction: IV Legion, XIII Legion

The only tip I can remember is to do the dragons body first then add the wings, I only tried freehanding a few of them (I'm a crappy painter) then moved onto trying to make a transfer instead but it didn't work out. My wife managed to sculpt the logo out of greenstuff though! 

http://www.bolterand...-ghost-dragons/

some more examples in that gallery if you are brave enough to try the logo

Edited by Reyner, 26 March 2019 - 10:47 AM.

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,527 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Well done.
  • Gust0o likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

No Foes Remain

No Foes Remain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,836 posts
  • Faction: See signature plan

You, brother, are insane. I love it.

• Gust0o likes this

Formerly known as Cpt Ventris                                                     Legions/Chapters/Armies/Forces/Whatever:

30k: 14th Expeditionary Fleet 'Legion of Terra' - XIIIth Legion Detachment 'Warborn'

40k: SM: Astral Claws 3rd company; Sol Wardens; Steel Wolves; Dorn's Sentinels

BA Successor: Crimson Saints

DA Successor: Void Angels

Astra Militarum/Imperial Guard: 83rd Tyrant's Legion;

Renegade Astartes: Void Knights

True-Scale: The Legion ofBlackshields

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,562 posts

This is superb, excellent work :)

• Gust0o likes this

Gust0o

Gust0o

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

They’re the Eagles Eternal. That iron snake looks great. Are the unique helms from DW kits?

Ah, I see them now - just to check, is the scheme black with red chapter symbol? Any other markings required?

The helmet is from the FW Alpha Legion kit - had a goods Greco-Roman feel which I felt fit the model and chapter; there's another one on the Aquamarine :)

The only tip I can remember is to do the dragons body first then add the wings, I only tried freehanding a few of them (I'm a crappy painter) then moved onto trying to make a transfer instead but it didn't work out. My wife managed to sculpt the logo out of greenstuff though! 

http://www.bolterand...-ghost-dragons/

some more examples in that gallery if you are brave enough to try the logo

Ok, looks tough but doable - the WIP list is getting big, but let me see where I can fit this in :)

You, brother, are insane. I love it.

Absolutely insane, but hoping you all like it :)

Sarafan Order

SF1
SF2
SF3

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,527 posts
The Sarafan Order member is well done.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,066 posts
I actually do it gold, with a blood stripe down the legs. Shameless plug, but there’s better examples in the link of my signature.
Insane doesn’t describe it.... you need 100 boxes of 10 Marines....
  • Gust0o likes this
Eagles Eternal 4-1-1

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,487 posts
Quick tip for the Ghost Dragons, when I painted up mine as part of Operation Reclamation, I blocked it out in white then outlined and added detail with a black fineline pen at 0.1-2 sized nib then dried and sealed.

Looked pretty good and had better control.

Cambrius
  • Reyner likes this

Gust0o

Gust0o

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

I actually do it gold, with a blood stripe down the legs. Shameless plug, but there’s better examples in the link of my signature.
Insane doesn’t describe it.... you need 100 boxes of 10 Marines....

Gotcha.

Thankfully, I found a complete box of the original Apocalypse formation company at a car boot sale - it is making the start of the project a little easier :)

• War Angel likes this

Gust0o

Gust0o

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

Azure Dragon

Dragon2
Dragon3
Dragon4
Dragon1

Gust0o

Gust0o

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

One for Brother Cambrius, but his Dark Avengers make an appearance smile.png

Dark Avenger1
Dark Avenger2
Dark Avenger3

Edited by Gust0o, 24 April 2019 - 09:51 PM.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,527 posts
Excellent work on the Dark Avenger.
  • Gust0o likes this

Gust0o

Gust0o

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

Thanks matey! I see you have some of your own custom chapters, I will need to make sure I get to them soon smile.png

A couple more:

Emperor's Shield

EmpShield
EmpShield2

Libator

Libator1
Libator2
Libator3

Edited by Gust0o, 24 April 2019 - 09:53 PM.

• Doghouse, Brother Cambrius, Chaplain Dosjetka and 2 others like this

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,066 posts
Man these are good.
  • Gust0o likes this
Eagles Eternal 4-1-1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deathwatch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users