Deathwatch 40k - every chapter project

Gust0o

So, this is somewhere between awesome idea and fool's errand!

The original intent was to create a finished miniature for each of the official GW chapters - though I'm a massive fan of the 1000 Chapter Project on this site, and the temptation to paint up some of those great schemes has proven a bit too much :)

It'll take a while to paint all 1,094 official and fan chapters - not least because people keep creating more! But I'd like to use this thread and my Facebook page to share progress with you all, take feedback, and take suggestions about which chapters to paint next.

I need to work out how best to visualise progress, but let's have some eye candy to get the ball rolling :)

Aquamarine

Aquamarine1

Aquamarine2

Tempus Guard

Tempus Guard

TempusGuard

Imperius Reiver

ImpReiver1

ImpReiver2

Excoriator

Excoriator1

Excoriator2

Steel Confessor

Steel1

Steel2

Angel Penitent

AngPenitent1

Titan of Uros

TitansOfUros1

Amethyst Askari

Amethyst Askari

Subjugator

Sub1

Sub2

That's awesome man! I love Deathwatch projects like this! Give me a shout when you reach G my diy chapter is still on that website I think.

The Ghost Dragons if I recall? They wrre a good challenge to paint the symbol.

Cambrius

That's awesome man! I love Deathwatch projects like this! Give me a shout when you reach G my diy chapter is still on that website I think.

Thanks matey - it's a totally mad project, but it's going to be loads of fun! The Ghost Dragons look interesting - any tips for the logo?

I love how most (if not all?) of these still retain, in addition to the original shoulder pad, their original helmet color. That was a plan I had in mind for an eventual Deathwatch army until I realized I didn’t want an army wearing black armour... ‍♂

Yeah, I've taken some artistic licence - otherwise I'll have a pretty uniform army, and the intent was to show some of the character and diversity of the various space marine chapters. That and you feel like you're going mad painting your 50th black armoured marine in a row :D

Oh this adds a whole new reason to be excited. Can't wait till you do E!

Let me know if you have a chapter there, can always bump up the queue :)

The only tip I can remember is to do the dragons body first then add the wings, I only tried freehanding a few of them (I'm a crappy painter) then moved onto trying to make a transfer instead but it didn't work out. My wife managed to sculpt the logo out of greenstuff though! 

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/album/4430-ghost-dragons/

some more examples in that gallery if you are brave enough to try the logo

Edited by Reyner

They’re the Eagles Eternal. That iron snake looks great. Are the unique helms from DW kits?

Ah, I see them now - just to check, is the scheme black with red chapter symbol? Any other markings required?

The helmet is from the FW Alpha Legion kit - had a goods Greco-Roman feel which I felt fit the model and chapter; there's another one on the Aquamarine :)

The only tip I can remember is to do the dragons body first then add the wings, I only tried freehanding a few of them (I'm a crappy painter) then moved onto trying to make a transfer instead but it didn't work out. My wife managed to sculpt the logo out of greenstuff though! 

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/album/4430-ghost-dragons/

some more examples in that gallery if you are brave enough to try the logo

Ok, looks tough but doable - the WIP list is getting big, but let me see where I can fit this in :)

You, brother, are insane. I love it.

Absolutely insane, but hoping you all like it :)

Sarafan Order

SF1

SF2

SF3

Quick tip for the Ghost Dragons, when I painted up mine as part of Operation Reclamation, I blocked it out in white then outlined and added detail with a black fineline pen at 0.1-2 sized nib then dried and sealed.

Looked pretty good and had better control.

Cambrius

I actually do it gold, with a blood stripe down the legs. Shameless plug, but there’s better examples in the link of my signature.

Insane doesn’t describe it.... you need 100 boxes of 10 Marines....

Gotcha.

Thankfully, I found a complete box of the original Apocalypse formation company at a car boot sale - it is making the start of the project a little easier :)

• 4 weeks later...