Grey Knights primary wins Scottish GT (again)

STTAB

Scottish Takeover 5 GT was won by Stefan who won STO 4 GT with Grey Knights and Armageddon Steel Legion. This time he won with GK, ASL and Custodes.

Custodes;

3x shield captains on bikes

GK

3xGMNDK

3x 5 man strikes

1x 5 man interceptors

+Loyal 42 and 2 mortar squads.

The ability to rapid fire at 18'' instead of 12'' improves the lethality of infantry squads tremendously. Combine that with FRFSRF from the CC's you're bringing anyway and suddenly your 10 guardsmen are putting out 36 dice on 4+'s at 18''. I'm always amazed at how effective they are myself.

I think you also get free reroll ones hopping out of a transport but I can't remember exactly and it doesn't look relevant here but TBH I think that ASL has always been an under-appreciated powerhouse. 

Pretty cool. Not sure it's viable to ever win a GT with an Imperium army that isn't soup, so it's good to see a win with a majority GK army.

Currently I'm building my 3rd GMNDK, not for competitive reasons but mainly thematic. I like sending them against other army's monsters/daemon engines/walkers for the fun.

I doubt I'll ever get myself an IK, so it's interesting to to see that 3 GMNDKs can also put in work on a tourney-level too.

Archived