Red Corsairs test model(s)

Did some progress today, the first steps of Meleager, aspiring champion of the Red Corsairs. I did follow Kizzdougs amazing tutorial for the Blood Angels here, as I don't like the black and red traditional style of the corsairs. Aiming for a more blanche-esque look, it will be mostly red and brass, with few other colors:

55692829_2313366488874802_62812874072286

Thanks Marshal, glad you like it! The technique is pretty simple, just attack it carefully in places where it makes sense to be chipped :laugh.: I used leadbelcher instead of grey; some of the grey areas that show in the pic were done before covering the mini in nuln oil. If I do another templar will be using vallejo black-grey instead of pure black, then some sponging of mech standard grey and nuln oil gloss instead.

Mordred is currently drying the last washes on, and I'm now starting to enjoy the pain of painting red over a black primer.

Oh come on, painting red over black primer isn't THAT bad. I've painted all my Khorne stuff over black primer :laugh.:

Thanks Marshal, glad you like it! The technique is pretty simple, just attack it carefully in places where it makes sense to be chipped :laugh.: I used leadbelcher instead of grey; some of the grey areas that show in the pic were done before covering the mini in nuln oil. If I do another templar will be using vallejo black-grey instead of pure black, then some sponging of mech standard grey and nuln oil gloss instead.

Mordred is currently drying the last washes on, and I'm now starting to enjoy the pain of painting red over a black primer.

Oh come on, painting red over black primer isn't THAT bad. I've painted all my Khorne stuff over black primer :laugh.:

Yeah, not anymore. Painting red is still a pain but god is it easier compared to the old Citadel red ... now THAT was worth complaining over! :biggrin.:

yeah khorne red loves a black base coat :biggrin.: ...just do 2 thin coats (so says duncan :thumbsup:)

i'm not happy that a salamander is being done...(if any chapter was going to be the most caring and feel good marines i always thought salamanders were... :ohmy.:)...:laugh.:

keep at it !!

Mithril

*Ahem* I'd like the lot of you, gentlemen, to kindly look at the picture above and take a look at the pain(t)s used :lol: Yeah, I know I have to buy the new ones, as it took too many thin coats to get something close to a decent coverage. But hey, there are so many new chaos toy to buy also...!

As for the Salamanders, well, let's say he's more into burning things to death than anything else :lol:

In other news, without even knowing if I'm doing a full army of Red Corsairs I've impusively bought this transfer sheet:

s-l1600.jpg

:D

I hope to do more work in the champ today, cheers!

Stunning work, brother.  Calls to mind the classic "red X" Red Corsairs.

Definitely think it works thematically for them to keep their old insignia, but defaced, for the same reason the Emperor's Children never changed their names or their warcry. 

Archived