DttFE and Prescience

40kChrista

Was talking to a mate the other day and he's convinced that Death to the False Emperor(DttFE) and Prescience interacted in a way that would allow to get DttFE to trigger on a 5+ or 4+ if it was Slaanesh unit with an Icon of Excess.

That can't be correct can it?

I was of the mind before, just confused now, that DttFE was a condition met by a product of the to-hit roll.  That the hit-roll could be modified but not DttFE.

Am I wrong?

I even re-read the designers commentary and I'm just really confused about it now.

Please help!, and thanks in advance.

(I've tried searchy, but it didn't really bring anything up.)

It follows the same sequence as Gets Hot (albeit on a 6+ (5+ with an Icon of Excess) rather than on the roll of a 1). The effect is triggered (or not) after modifiers are applied.

So your friend is correct.

That's crazy :eek: .

All I mean by that is DttFE is too good then.  I've rolled hot before and have gotten a ton of 5s and 6s before.  To turn that into 4s seems insane.

Thanks for the clarification.

It definitely isn't too good. You seem to be new so I can understand that reaction but just wait until you see the things that are actually too good. :D

I think with the Flawless Host trait DttFE gets really good, or at least has the potential to, that's all.  More games will help.

Not new, I just don't play as much as I would like and take long breaks from this forum in particular because... people.

• 2 weeks later...

Space Wolves can use a stratagem against the Thousand Sons that give extra attacks on a hit roll of 4+, they also get a +1 to hit when they charge, are charged or heroically intervene.

That means they get extra attacks on a 3+ using that stratagem. It’s very good but there are still far more powerful things in the game.

Archived