BL Coming Soon Page Gone

Roomsky

They must be getting some heavy pushback on this. From Facebook:

Looking for the Black Library Coming Soon page?

Subscribe to the newsletter instead for your monthly dose of forthcoming releases – the first one will be sent on the 6th of May! Subscribe below, and keep an eye out on Warhammer Community and our social pages for updates: http://bit.ly/BlackLibraryNewsletterSignUpl

Unquote

Do you mind posting a link of where this was posted on Facebook? I was unable to locate it. I would like to reverse this decision by GW.

They must be getting some heavy pushback on this. From Facebook:

Looking for the Black Library Coming Soon page?

Subscribe to the newsletter instead for your monthly dose of forthcoming releases – the first one will be sent on the 6th of May! Subscribe below, and keep an eye out on Warhammer Community and our social pages for updates: http://bit.ly/BlackLibraryNewsletterSignUpl

Unquote

Do you mind posting a link of where this was posted on Facebook? I was unable to locate it. I would like to reverse this decision by GW.

I have gone back through Facebook and all the GW associated sites but, like with Instagram, the original post is nowhere to be found. The attached comments were pretty negative though (only one pro the change iirc out of 50 odd replies) so it looks like they have killed the messenger again.

We only need to wait five weeks for the first newsletter, I bet it will only cover what gets released in May.

The (now deleted) post confirmed it would only be a "coming next month" heads up only. I would think it would be released in the last week of the month but who knows with GW.

What we need is a coming soon section to tell us when the coming soon newsletter is coming out. Or they could produce a coming soon rulebook. Role 2 d6 for each date in the newsletter, add that to the release date but keep in mind you get +2 days for AoS, -1 for HH and +3 for 40k. Any book that contains a Eldar character may not appear at all on that date or in fact any date. Necron books won’t appear on the web site, you need to go to a GW and rummage around the shelves to find them. Ultra Marine and sigmarine books will arrive punctually and in plentiful numbers.

Even when you learn the rules there’s still a 50/50 chance you won’t get to buy the book at all if it’s a specialty edition that sold out in seconds and crashes the website.

Audible books well if you want them turn to page 354 in your bible get the number of the 3rd verse from the top right page divide it by 2 and add this to the release date, the fun part is working out which translation you need to use!

Also known as ‘the GW way’

Huh, this seems like the kind of thing they should have put up around the same time they dropped the existing coming soon page, rather than, y'know, three weeks after.

Seems like it's a broadly suitable replacement but makes you wonder if it was always the plan - they did say that they wanted to put the news out via WHC, among others, if not in this specific form - or a shift in tack when they saw the response. Overall positive result either way I guess, if clumsily done.

I think this is a response to the negative community comments and feelings. And that’s good, we want GW to be responsive to what we want and conversely what we are annoyed at!

I can’t see the community site having the same easy to scan feel as the web site page had. The community site is article based, I rarely look at it. But we will see

I think this is a response to the negative community comments and feelings. And that’s good, we want GW to be responsive to what we want and conversely what we are annoyed at!

I can’t see the community site having the same easy to scan feel as the web site page had. The community site is article based, I rarely look at it. But we will see

Just bookmark the coming soon page and check it like you would the Black Library site.

Oh nice, Hollow Mountain is post Rift.

Wraight confirms it is pre/start of Rift setting wise and will have some Easter eggs connecting it to his Watchers of the Throne series in the mini-interview on the WC site.

On that subject:

While I'm happy that GW have (maybe) reacted to the ill-feeling they created by dropping the page from BL, I'm not too pleased with this new beast. There is nowhere near the detail provided by the old page with regard to the storyline and doesn't even give the formats they will be available in. I will take the crumbs offered though; its early days yet and they may redefine it down the track.

Pretty obvious the ‘new’ coming soon section was an after thought as no one seems to be managing it. Released books are still displayed days after release.

Only one book displayed for July....so that’s going to be a slow month.... or maybe they forgot the rest.

Pretty obvious the ‘new’ coming soon section was an after thought as no one seems to be managing it. Released books are still displayed days after release.

Only one book displayed for July....so that’s going to be a slow month.... or maybe they forgot the rest.

The fact that Khul is still listed doesn’t bode well for its accuracy week to week, but I hope they’re just waiting to announce July’s titles and ‘revealed’ The Hollow Mountain early. Last I checked the coming soon page only had March, April, and May listed before it was taken down, so July’s titles should be revealed in May if they’re still updating it monthly.

This discussion is about the removal of the Black Library "Coming Soon" page, and now it's rebirth (sort of) at the Warhammer Community site.

Anyone desiring to discuss actual works that are coming soon should use this discussion (i.e., I've moved such replies over to that discussion and future replies in that vein in this discussion will simply be removed).

• 2 months later...

When I got the email, the book was already sold out for EU region (don't know if this was Gmail's or BL's fault). Not to mention that FB post, whoever is in charge of that should be fired. Either way, the way they handle these releases is ridiculous and far from professional for a company like BL/GW. Why is it so hard to announce it at least a few days head, not the day/hour it goes on sale, especially something that's limited to 750. Not everyone is checking their mail every Saturday in the morning in case BL decides to put LE up for sale.

Here are some upcoming books in Horror Series:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/House-Night-Chain-David-Annandale/dp/1781939462/ref=sr_1_12?keywords=Warhammer+horror&qid=1561226199&s=gateway&sr=8-12&fbclid=IwAR2OU5cJgVZwn-deBSLqsRK4vXTH-MHKSJIzFombLVfGn-DyOx2R_vdI2Co

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Invocations-Warhammer-Horror-Lora-Gray/dp/1789990181/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=Warhammer+horror&qid=1561226199&s=gateway&sr=8-6&fbclid=IwAR3V-W68DsXED0udAPyIPQjKsN-kVnQmW_7dQIo65wNAn8cfQf9yiGbcVBE

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dark-Harvest-Warhammer-Horror-Reynolds/dp/1781939616/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=Warhammer+horror&qid=1561226199&s=gateway&sr=8-2&fbclid=IwAR1yvBQ08LaY_i0xvlmFgQO2_4FvCXU9OeFAXZXLT1bZO8UV7gSfG2rC3qY

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Castle-Blood-Warhammer-Horror-Werner/dp/1789990173/ref=sr_1_9?keywords=Warhammer+horror&qid=1561226199&s=gateway&sr=8-9&fbclid=IwAR0GhNgB0PQnl0EHFm5uWADNT8_qgCGER_PQP4josLw0RfMZ8kd7ZsXtigQ

When I got the email, the book was already sold out for EU region (don't know if this was Gmail's or BL's fault). Not to mention that FB post, whoever is in charge of that should be fired. Either way, the way they handle these releases is ridiculous and far from professional for a company like BL/GW. Why is it so hard to announce it at least a few days head, not the day/hour it goes on sale, especially something that's limited to 750. Not everyone is checking their mail every Saturday in the morning in case BL decides to put LE up for sale.

*most* people won’t be checking their email/the GW/BL sites/here on a Saturday morning in case they decide to put a LE up for sale, but then again *most* people aren’t going to be buying the overpriced LE in the first place.

I’m not saying this to excuse their slack communication, but surely if you’ve a hankering for the lovely leatherette-bound versions, you’re enough used to it to do the checking on the off chance.

I don't think it should be that hard for BL to have a functional Coming Soon section on the BL website along with social media shenanigans. This is not asking for a lot.

Absolutely the whole thing is appalling. BL have accomplished only one thing, really annoying me each and every week. I haven’t a clue what’s coming up, the new mess is pathetic. I loathe it with Templar style hatred.

This release wasn’t mentioned on their much pushed Facebook or instagram page, nor the pathetic coming soon section on community and when it was emailed it contained a dead link. I clicked on it seconds after it was delivered and got the dead link. I went to GW site bought the book, came back to the email to check the link and it was still dead. That brothers and sisters is not really good enough.

Edited by Knockagh

Yeah...a functional Coming Soon section on the BL website is the absolute bare minimum. BL should do that and social media advertising. The two aren't substitutes, and doing both isn't that hard. This just leads me to believe that BL lacks the discipline to abide by release deadlines. That's the clear implication regardless of the truth.

Space Marine Conquests: Apocalypse Out with 1250 copies but plague war only gets 750, I don’t know emojis well enough for confused but that’s what I am. I don’t get why this is a special edition other than its printed in limited numbers. It seems to be a regular hardback with £5 stuck on for fun

Of course it want announced anywhere but that’s what happens in the new wonderland

Edited by Knockagh

• 1 month later...