Adeptus Arbites in Kill Team

BloodWolves

Introduction:

Hey all, so I have been working on a Kill Team index entry for the Adeptus Arbites. Im trying to be as transparent as heck with all this so bear with me here.

Now I claim no credit for the template as I used the one Brother Tyler has linked to. I also have adopted ideas from 40K Wikia, 1D4 Chan and the link to a fan made 8th Edition Codex, Dredd, Brooklyn 9-9 and other existing Kill Teams (Starstriders, Astra Militarum, Ad Mech, Astartes, Deathwatch) and also last but not least many other fan made Arbites Kill Team Indexes (If you wish to be credited on the final copy, please message me!)

What is different from my Index vs others? Well I have personal favoritism towards the Arbites and also have an in depth look at Modern Advanced Policing. I have decided to make my Adeptus Arbites more of an elite faction (Low Numbers, High Output). I also based alot of my thoughts and processes while looking at the Artel W Law Enforcement miniatures and also the Space Marine Scout boxsets.

Now to be fair, I havent been able to sit down and play test the rules/ points balance as I'm in the beginning stages of moving so alot of my things are packed up.

I realize that there are 2 factions of Arbites. One being Arbites and one Being Enforcers. To be honest.. I just kind of blended the 2 and prayed for the best.

Now many of you might not like that I put a Judge as basically the Sergeant vs using a Proctor. This was a personal choice by me to use the title of Judge as I liked it better. Same goes for Mortiurges. I wanted a name more unique than "Gunner".

My Arbites Shotgun idea is heavily based on the idea behind the Mk.II Lawgiver from Dredd hence the many weapon types and same with the Mission Spec Grenades that are also influenced from Dredd.

Things I do need help on majorly are like Squad Traits, Mission Traits and other various fluff that other Kill Teams have.

To be honest as well, I am still pretty new at tabletop wargaming so my wording for rules might need so help.

Now for some questions..

Would any object to the idea that the Bolt Pistol can fire the same rounds as the Arbites Shotgun. (I would have to rename the Bolt Pistol) and possibly drop the Boltgun entirely?

Would adding a Taser Goad be a good idea? (I hope that if they ever release Arbites that they have the Taser Goad along with the Power Maul)?

I will post up my rules later tonight for anyone that is interested!

Thanks for taking the time to read it all. I know that this probably going to be impossible but Im hoping to create an Index that is generally accepted and people would utilize.

I also had an idea like how the Death Guard Poxwalkers have that when they successfully eliminate a model in combat, that model comes back as a Poxwalker. I was thinking that if an Arbitrator successfully eliminates an enemy model in melee combat.. The Arbitrator places the enemy model under arrest and puts a det collar on the enemy model. Enemy model then becomes a Penal Legionnaire.

I would either make that a built in ability.

Or, Make it a stratagem for a Command Point to be used before the fight phase.

Or, Make it a start of the game Stratagem and for 2CP's the stratagem lasts the whole game.

Or, make it a Judge only Stratagem.

• 3 weeks later...

From a lore perspective, the Penal Legionnaire concept doesn't work. How would an Arbitrator arrest a Genestealer and then force it to fight on the Imperium's side? It makes sense for the Death Guard, who basically infect a creature so that it returns as a daemon, but it doesn't work for the Adeptus Arbites. The only realistic thing to do to represent the Arbitrators arresting someone would have to involve taking the enemy model out of action in some way (with potential post-game effects).

Is there lore supporting the Adeptus Arbites making use of Penal Legionnaires? I'm only familiar with the Astra Militarum (and potentially Planetary Defense Forces) making use of such troops. If there is such lore, then the Penal Legionnaires should be a basic unit choice for the command roster, though I would make them cheap and unable to gain experience (basically, they would be faceless/nameless and would simply be replaced when expended). 

Archived