Necron vs Genestealer Cult

Brother Navaer Solaq

They will likely hit hard and fast.  Unless they've put in some heavy long range shooting platforms like Tank commanders, they will almost certainly come at you.  Let them.
You shooting is likely superior.  Expect the gunslinger to drop in and hit hard.

Their bikes can punch much harder than most ppl expect.  Shoot them.

LoS block your important characters.  (cryptek)
Screen out more than 9" on the visible sides to prevent the gunslinger from dropping in and acing him.  (3" deep strike)
Lychgaurd are a good investment.  They can blunt dmg into your cryptek and hopefully prevent his death.  Then he helps them Reanimate.

Screen in front with scarabs to blunt charges.

Zandrekh/Obyron would be very useful here to prevent their units from consolidating into melee with your troops and denying your shooting.
Whip coils on your wraiths would be nice.  Screen your wraiths, use them as countercharge.

On their bikes, be aware that those bikes can zip up turn 1, throw a bunch of demo packs and then bust a stratagem to move back to their deployment or zip off elsewhere. So avoid the temptation to deploy right on your line.

As said above, remove the bikes asap.

Don't let goliaths tanks get to your lines as they have a stray (I think) to auto explode which is no fun.

Don't be surprised to see a blob unit (forget the name) deepstrike in 3" away from something of yours (can be done with strat) it'll usually be sporting around 14 or so hand flamers in addition to other pistol weapons. Only upside is that the units cannot charge the turn it does this. Difficult to plan for.

Don't let anything be caught alone to fall prey to these shenanigans.

Board control. Just spread out as much as possible if they are committing too much to ds. This can also deny them good targets when they drop in. Wraiths are great counter charge units. C’tan powers are useful here. Tesla is another good option here, as most of their units are T3 5+ save.

I haven’t tried them, but death marks also have a great chance to shine here. They counter DS and get a free shot at the unit that just dropped in. GSC also like to DS characters in to buff units that just DS in, so your death marks can drop in after a unit hits, and essentially screen out the buffing characters.

I’ve only played one match against the new GSC book, it was a maelstrom game. I drew really good tac cards and he didn’t, so i ran him over. But the thing that got it for me was board control. I dominated over half the board and screened out well enough that he had no good targets to hit with his beta DS units.

Archived