Khorne raptors loadout

MaliGn

I'm about to start building a unit of khornate raptor for my word bearers - fluff wise they are former ashen circle whose iconoclasm drove them into a form of puritanical fury that brought the attention of khorne.

I'm planning on combining bits and pieces from the blood warriors kit with the raptor models with bits and bobs from all over to season, not too worried about game-effectiveness or legality more about modelling to be honest so i'm planning on using some hand Flanders and inferno pistols from the death company kit in a nod back to the Ashen Circle roots of the unit but I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on loadouts - in particular for the unit champion who I would like to be built to do double duty as a jump pack Lord so i'm using the haarken model as a starting point.

Let me know if you have any ideas as they would be appreciated.

How I run my World Eater Raptors, is 5 man anti-tank kill teams. 2 melta-guns and the champion with a powerfist. If I have points to spare, throw on an Icon of Wrath or more bodies. 

I usually deep strike them in and they go tank hunting, Find a nice juicy target so it can kill its points back. You also might be able to pick off alone character out in the open or in the back field. Jump pack lord to give them bonuses to shooting/assaulting, you are good to go. 

Hmmm, is fist and claw still a good loadouts on a jump Lord? I think I might have Huron's fist/flames combo arm knocking about somewhere that might be workable as an idea and would suit my ashen circle theme.

If you do host raptorial and want to get them into the scrap I personally go 15, Mark of Khorne, Icon for re-roll charges. 

Sitting at a 7-inch charge, 15 man unit, If World Eaters or Black Legion they would get 3 swings a model though you want to stick with Word Bearers which is understandable. 

If you want to give out Plasma or Melta to pelt a valid target before going in that is a valid tactic that I use and works pretty well. 

3 CP to swing again under Khorne, should be able to engage a huge amount of the enemy line with double-consolidation (per time you swing 3 inch move closer)  On the outside it looks pretty solid at least from my perspective it'll do fine on most tables IMO

I dont much care for raptors with melta or plasma.  If you want a drop unit that shoots for 120 points why not just use 1 obliterator? 

I like two smaller units of 5 with chainswords and dual claws on the champion and the icon of wrath.  With 2 units and a jump pack lord using the new detachment you get 3 chances to make a 7" charge rerolling which is about 83% chance per charge attempt.  With 3 attempts you will get stuck in most of the time.  Absolutely nothing is worse than investing points into drop assault troops that then fail their charge.  You might as well just use reinforcement points if your drop troops cannot reliably make their charges.  

Raptors with special weapons are about getting short range guns directly on target without worrying about them getting shot off the board before they can nail something. I'm not a huge fan of it either, but since their melee capabilities are really only good for shredding chaff...

Hmmm, is fist and claw still a good loadouts on a jump Lord? I think I might have Huron's fist/flames combo arm knocking about somewhere that might be workable as an idea and would suit my ashen circle theme.

I would go for thunderhammer and either a chain axe or a chain sword.

Archived