Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Keeper of Secrets and Slaanesh Daemon/Follower Models

• Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 750 posts
  • Faction: Custodes, Eldar, Admech

I think it looks amazing.  Sometimes there's a creepiness in the clean lines and lack of super fine detail.  I'm with everyone who thinks this is knocking it out of the darned park.  My Daemon playing buddy is over the moon about it too.  This stuff is freaking amazing.

• shandwen and 01RTB01 like this

Vykes

Vykes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,144 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus 65th company

-looks around a bit and ponders- Well, the smaller daemonettes, masque, mirror all look a little too Vegas Gameshow-ey to me, not bad just not my preference for something a little more bestial*.  The Keeper of Secrets... it's so close.  It's so close to what I want.  I love the pose, I love the face, I love the stance in general and yet I do feel like it needs more hedonism, something more entrapping and enthralling, something more chaotic and something slightly more lewd.  Yeah I know how that sounds, but for a Daemon of excess it feels both too symmetrical and too conservative, not ostentatious enough, not 'alien' enough.

I'll still buy it, where as I couldn't care less about the fat slob or goat boy. 

*Quiet you!

• Slave to Darkness, LetsYouDown, Atrus and 1 other like this

gallery_107230_14721_11872.png

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 665 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans
I’ve just seen a more bovine head option over on the Warhammer Instagram page. I prefer that one to the head shown in the initial image.

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Volt

Volt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,103 posts
  • Faction: Anges de Vindication

At this point I would just look to Japanese horror models for proper classic Slaanesh feels than current GW. IMO the entire aesthetic is sabotaged by GW playing it too safe and not wanting to make proper NSFW models for a Slaanesh range - which is ultimately the oonly real way to do Slaanesh proper. The Keeper of Secrets should have been some sexually alluring Naga riding atop a throng of human slaves acting as a scenic base with toothed orifices and writhing tongues lashing out from them. Not just a cleaned up version of the old cow daemon with the only slaanesh thing to it being some literal skin skin-tights. It's utterly bland compared to all of the old art, or just the contemporary rival Greater Daemons. I'd even take the FW daemon over it, and I never really liked that one too much as it's too overtly feminine IMO.

• Leif Bearclaw, Closet Skeleton, Castellan Wulfrik and 3 others like this

+Quod vult valde vult+

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,062 posts

I adore the model. It has the right sort of subtle, offputting allure.

I don't really understand why people want giant hentai tits or whatever. 

• Progenitor, Sons of Horus, Brother Aiwass and 11 others like this

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,327 posts

Eh I don't see what people are really so hyped about? The mode looks like complete arse compared to the other Greater Daemons that have been released so far. It doesn't look excessive or beautiful, it just looks bland. The detail is minimal, the pose is dull and flat, and it's probably the least chaos-y Chaos Daemon model that has ever been made. The other models also look fairly lazy in design and don't have much in common at all with classic slaanesh. Where's the orifices covered in fangs with tentacle-tongues writhing out on them across the body? The flashes of nudity coupled with perverse mutation?

IDTAjSs5KyU.jpg

It says Slaanesh on the box, but all I see is the plastic version of missionary with the lights off. Where's the Chaos?

this is an all-ages hobby.

GW delivered an excellent compromise.

Edited by Wispy, 28 March 2019 - 03:50 AM.

• Honda, Vanger, Sons of Horus and 8 others like this

LetsYouDown

LetsYouDown

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,723 posts
  • Faction: Legio Vulpa

I don't really understand why people want giant hentai tits or whatever. 

I think I'd rather have sections of splayed flesh bound open by needles, disturbing patterns of scarification, and rows of pierced nipples than "giant hentai tits"

but I understand why we don't have those things. All things considered I think this is a pretty good model.

• Marshal Loss, Volt, Vykes and 2 others like this

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,327 posts

totally trying my best to avoid kink shaming folks but come on

• Reclusiarch Krieg likes this

Subtle Discord

Subtle Discord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,129 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion, Dark Mechanicus

I don't mind this design style really, but I'll agree that it could use just a bit more brutal and macabre, and the pose in the Greater Daemon is oddly tame and bland; I think it would be far better exactly the same but in a pose that shows off the extreme martial skills and inhuman grace in motion it would have. I've never been as hung up on the sexualization facet of Slaanesh so I don't mind it going for a more of a disconcerting androgynous thing. Obviously, Gw is toning down the exposed breasts and piercings, but that's all that's really being lost in that way, if you ask me, and that's not what makes-or-breaks Slaanesh models for me. I do like the Circus or Cabaret of the Damned vibe they're going for, but yeah, it could use just a dash more Freak Show.

Even if the models aren't hitting the mark as well as could, I still the precedence this is setting. Chaos is waxing this year, it seems. It's such a good time to be bad!

• Lexington, LetsYouDown, Panzer and 4 others like this

"The old galaxy is dying, and the new galaxy struggles to be born; now is the time of monsters."

mKdOZh3.png
ztXgauq.png
MlwLia9.png

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,235 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

Well this is modern GW and as stated its all age's now... 

So we must welcome the new Slaneesh - 100% Clevage free (if you want old school,just "bust" out your greenstuff and start rolling balls and make circles...sweat.gif)

The Model itself looks nice happy.png it's not outta the park but it's nice,  but i gotta say the two on the mirror...they look like Dumb and Dumber tongue.png

Mithril

++EDIT++ the deamon prince gives me a "300" Xerxes vibe ...which in a way was kinda slaneeshi really wasn't he laugh.png

Edited by mithrilforge, 28 March 2019 - 04:07 AM.

• Vanger, Sons of Horus, Brother Aiwass and 2 others like this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Vykes

Vykes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,144 posts

-snorts and laughs- Mate, kink shaming?  It's a daemon of excess of all sorts in a group called Hedonites.  What been said so far is as mainstream as French Vanilla and model is as conservative as an Arkansas Presbyterian pastor. 

See, dudes get it.  'Supposed to be a weird daemon thing: more macabre, more alien, more disturbing.  We don't have to go Kingdom Death here, but this one kinda looks like they put lipstick on that satyr from Pans Labyrinth*.  Still cool, it's got some flare, just doesn't quite strike me as a keeper of secrets. 

And yes I'm just poking fun :P

*Still not my thing. 

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,327 posts

-snorts and laughs- Mate, kink shaming?  It's a daemon of excess of all sorts in a group called Hedonites.  What been said so far is as mainstream as French Vanilla and model is as conservative as an Arkansas Presbyterian pastor. 

See, dudes get it.  'Supposed to be a weird daemon thing: more macabre, more alien, more disturbing.  We don't have to go Kingdom Death here, but this one kinda looks like they put lipstick on that satyr from Pans Labyrinth*.  Still cool, it's got some flare, just doesn't quite strike me as a keeper of secrets. 

And yes I'm just poking fun tongue.png

*Still not my thing. 

i have no idea what point you're trying to make but i suspect you've taken me out of context.

Vykes

Vykes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,144 posts

Nah, Wispy, I got you.  GW: Fun for the whole family.  I just think it's so close and so far. 

++EDIT++ the deamon prince gives me a "300" Xerxes vibe ...which in a way was kinda slaneeshi really wasn't he laugh.png

Mithril, so not fair you got that edit in there :P Actually, the 300 Xerxes is more what I was hoping for: Asymmetry, more banding, a little bit more 'off'.  

• mithrilforge likes this

Boytoy

Boytoy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 242 posts
  • Faction: SW/DE/GSC/Chaos
I hope we see more scarification like the demon prince has on the (hopefully) upcoming mortal slaanesh followers.

And I have to agree with Mithril, those two next to the mirror are pretty silly looking

gallery_48988_10069_2782.png

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,829 posts
  • Faction: Sanguinary Crusaders
I disagree with those saying that this needs more of the torturous nude stuff. This is how Slaanesh has always been depicted in terms of outward appearance while still maintaining corruption. It looks evil and recognizable, but also enticing. This is the seduction before the “in going to paint my walls with the excrement I pull out of your displayed intestines while touching you in weird ways.”

What Volt showed has literally zero seduction factor. This one does.
  • Nomus Sardauk, fire golem, Walter Payton and 7 others like this

Previously known as Telanicus

Sanguinary Crusader Page (Lore, Models, Etc)
IT Warriors of Cain Unholy Chosen

The Four Star Pact (Chaos Alliance Lore, Model, Etc)

Hathor42

Hathor42

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 395 posts

What the Keeper is walking forward insteading of charging head on like a Bloodthirster would. He/She/It wants to enjoy the fight before it does unspeakable things to the opponent. 

• Nomus Sardauk likes this

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
I actually really like the model and that's coming from someone who generally doesn't give a damn about Slaanesh in the least.

The Keeper of Secrets lacks a sexuality and I think that's perfect. It's neither male nor female and both at the same time, a grotesque take on androgynous attributes that makes it a twisted image of the race which birthed it, as does the decadence and perception of frailty or effete appearance.

We have no idea what extra bits will be included and I'm willing to bet there will be a character Greater Daemon to go along with it as well as optional arms and head. With a proper paint job this could be something right out of your worst nightmare.
  • Arkangilos, BeatTheBeat, Tymell and 3 others like this

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Volt

Volt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,103 posts
  • Faction: Anges de Vindication

Nah, the thing's traps are way too big for it to really give off feminine vibes. Its overall shoulder profile and hip ratio makes it look very overtly masculine. The neck it just incredibly thick for any kind of feminine figure, giving it a downright swole-looking build.

unknown.png

It's only feminine in the same way those Jo-Jo characters are feminine, eye size and cheekbone presence coupled with shallow cheeks. But the overall body-build lacks a feminine, alluring look.

Edited by Volt, 28 March 2019 - 04:32 AM.

• LetsYouDown and Vykes like this

+Quod vult valde vult+

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,977 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

qVWTkhT.png

Still have my fingers crossed for the authentic tentacle monster head

• Master Commander Ajax and Tipsy Techpriest like this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Subtle Discord

Subtle Discord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,129 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion, Dark Mechanicus

Yeah, the masculine rear arms are attached to the masculine neck, and the front arms have more very toned feminine look to me. Remember, it's meant to be completely ripped. The hips are lean, but again they could read as very toned muscular female as much as male; as much as reversed animal legs can look human-like masculine vs feminine, really. :) Besides, why does it need to lean feminine all the time, this is androgynous with a masculine tilt. That's fine.

• Battybattybats likes this

"The old galaxy is dying, and the new galaxy struggles to be born; now is the time of monsters."

mKdOZh3.png
ztXgauq.png
MlwLia9.png

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

Nah, the thing's traps are way too big for it to really give off feminine vibes. Its overall shoulder profile and hip ratio makes it look very overtly masculine. The neck it just incredibly thick for any kind of feminine figure, giving it a downright swole-looking build.

unknown.png

It's only feminine in the same way those Jo-Jo characters are feminine, eye size and cheekbone presence coupled with shallow cheeks. But the overall body-build lacks a feminine, alluring look.

Wait. Stop. Go back and read what I wrote. I said neither and both at the same time. Because that's what it is.
  • Gederas and Shinespider like this

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,066 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
I’m beyond blown away they’re gorgeous

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 665 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans
Hmm. I don’t dislike the model but I think I’d have preferred somthing a bit more monstrous.
  • redmapa and Vykes like this

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

OttoVonAwesome

OttoVonAwesome

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 292 posts

This stuff has crazy oldschool final fantasy vibe.

• Raven1 and Hathor42 like this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,037 posts
I need to see on a bigger screen but my initial reaction is not one of excitement and 'must buy'.

On that basis I'm somewhat disappointed. I've been waiting years for this and it does nothing for me.

I genuinely hope that the noise marines gee me up more as I've waited 20 for amazing plastic noise marines.

The models look good but I don't have the desire to purchase unlike the nurgle demon release.

:(
  • Master Commander Ajax and Volt like this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users