Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Keeper of Secrets and Slaanesh Daemon/Follower Models

• Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

To each their own I guess. I for one love the new Keeper of Secrets and the Masque will look great with a better painted face too. The Daemon Prince + Herald is an interesting take though while huge he doesn't look much like a Daemon Prince unfortunately. No clue what the portal thingy with the two Daemonettes is supposed to be. Probably yet another HQ that makes summoning easier lol

Also we can see the new terrain in the video as well

0aEPedz.png

• 01RTB01, Magpie Knight, Slan Drakkos and 2 others like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,576 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords Legion
That pile o gold just solved another Rumour engine
  • Battybattybats and Slan Drakkos like this
gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

My referal code for eternal crusade:EC-MHXKY9RLYIIEH

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,701 posts
Really interested in this release
I got my hands on Wrath and Rapture and two start collecting demons of Slaanesh and i am gonna expand further with these new releases
Good job on the Keeper! It's brilliant and i love the model!
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Xwingt65

Xwingt65

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,396 posts
  • Faction: HH Hobby Bee.
Well that is that I guess. I have a physical need for these models.

They are creepy yet eerily beautiful at the same time.

And they absolutely nailed that Keeper. Blew it out of the water. It is elegant and perfectly androgynous.
  • Nomus Sardauk, Kierdale, Reclusiarch Krieg and 1 other like this
13.jpg

The 40k fluff explained to an outsider:

Some space elves got really into drugs and sex and a big scary monster got born that ate them.
A space wizard got beaten up by a guy who said he was his friend but wasn't and now he's on a life support machine and people worship him because he was super awesome.
Now there are giant men with rocket launcher machine guns and 4 hearts and are really super awesome who beat up everything.
Also there's a bunch of aliens but they don't really do anything and aren't as cool as the rocket machine gun super men, so who cares?

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

To each their own I guess. I for one love the new Keeper of Secrets and the Masque will look great with a better painted face too. The Daemon Prince + Herald is an interesting take though while huge he doesn't look much like a Daemon Prince unfortunately. No clue what the portal thingy with the two Daemonettes is supposed to be. Probably yet another HQ that makes summoning easier lol

0aEPedz.png

The giant is supposed to be a Daemon Prince?

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,926 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

0aEPedz.png

‘The Keeper of Secrets will be joined by a number of new Slaanesh models that bring to life a magnificent and richly realised cast of Daemon champions, from a new iteration of the Masque to Syll’Esske – an unholy tag team of Daemon Prince and Herald.‘

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,010 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

Anyone else besides me get a Darkness vibe on the new face?

qnQVlCT.png

Let's be honest, Curry was almost doing a toned down Dr. Frank-N-Furter as Darkness and it felt a tad Slaaneshi. 

I agree with the folks talking about the allure aspect over the monstrous, because there's always time later for flesh to split open and reveal fanged maws and such and nothing yet has topped the Diazmonettes for the perfect amount of hot and shock. 

• lhg033, Iron Father Ferrum, Battybattybats and 5 others like this

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Check out my Instagram for other stuff I can't post here.

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

0aEPedz.png

‘The Keeper of Secrets will be joined by a number of new Slaanesh models that bring to life a magnificent and richly realised cast of Daemon champions, from a new iteration of the Masque to Syll’Esske – an unholy tag team of Daemon Prince and Herald.‘

Wow, that's dumb. Absolutely nothing about that model says "Daemon Prince". I see giant or half giant maybe.

Actually, it looks like a Forerunner from Prometheus with a Daemonette hitching a ride on it's back. Lame.
  • Volt likes this

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Scammel

Scammel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 565 posts

This is by far my favourite interpretation of the Slannesh brief ever. They've absolutely nailed the fine line between weird and alluring without being conventionally attractive like the excellent Diaz Daemonettes, or having to hand-wave away the obvious hideousness of the model with 'Yeah, that's the soporific musk, innit'. I think there could be a little more fine detail, but the casual strut does a great job of conveying how leisurely and weirdly non-threatening this thing is.

• fire golem, Walter Payton, Panzer and 1 other like this

Darkwrath121

Darkwrath121

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 417 posts
I personally love Syll’Esske, quite possibly my favourite model of the lot.

Daemon princes can be so unique in form, I love having one be a statuesque, unnerving, and very humanoid looking figure, appearing to mortals as a truly beautiful being.

Edited by Darkwrath121, 28 March 2019 - 07:34 AM.

• fire golem, Fulkes, LetsYouDown and 1 other like this

Walter Payton

Walter Payton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,362 posts
  • Faction: Da Bears

I can understand the complaints that it isn't visceral and horrifying enough, but I'm not sure when exactly Slaanesh models ever were. The old Seekers/Daemonettes and the champion on a beast of Slaanesh don't seem to me to be any more toothy or vicious than these new models.  Old!Slaanesh wasn't horrifying and visceral so much as...busty.

To be quite honest, in my opinion by far the creepiest Slaanesh model they've ever done is the Herald playing a harp made out of a dude's limbs in the Wrath & Rapture kit...and that is very new, and firmly in the 8th ed/AoS/nuGW era of "dumb garbage".  

• Rik Lightstar, fire golem, Doctor Perils and 1 other like this

"Never die easy."

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,741 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Well, at least now the Emperor's Children know who to beat up to get over 10,000 years of back pay with all that gold that daemon is flexing with. 

Edited by MegaVolt87, 28 March 2019 - 07:33 AM.

• Gederas and pinball like this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

NovemberIX

NovemberIX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,068 posts
  • Faction: November Warriors

I'm digging this aesthetic, the models almost have a joi de vivre to them. I think they'll look just fine next to the Diaz Daemonettes I've got sitting around.

• Honda and Doctor Perils like this

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

still not sure on the demonettes.... and they are a large part of a pure slaaneshi demon army!

• Xwingt65 and Scammel like this

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,829 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

I can't be the only one who's first thought was...

https://www.youtube....h?v=XUhVCoTsBaM

I really like them though. They're surprisingly not overdesigned to hell, being exotic without getting crammed full of too much useless detail. 

Edited by Lord Marshal, 28 March 2019 - 08:50 AM.

• Vanger, Preliminary Bombardment and MegaVolt87 like this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,136 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

0aEPedz.png

Wow, that's dumb. Absolutely nothing about that model says "Daemon Prince". I see giant or half giant maybe.

Actually, it looks like a Forerunner from Prometheus with a Daemonette hitching a ride on it's back. Lame.

Actually reminds me of the slaaneshi guys from blood quest. So seems fine to me.
  • Arkangilos likes this

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,950 posts

Some interesting concerns about this release. I like the sound of my own voice, so I'll mouth off my thoughts on the arguments. For what it's worth, I'm in a position of liking these models. The KoS is weird, and almost looks non-GW, more like Kingdom Death. The unsettling, out of place look, to me, reinforces that GW did a good job. 

On to the discussion:

Too symmetrical

Symmetry in a face generally equates to beauty, however perfect symmetry in a face has a disturbing quality and becomes less attractive.

If the complaint is that you don't like it because it's too symmetrical, then I say they'd nailed it. 

Not enoguh bewbs

Androgyny. Not distinctly male or female.

If the complaint is that you don't find it attractive/alluring enough, and it should have more bewbs, is that from your personal position of finding bewbs attractive? Not everyone does. Have you considered that the model might be designed to be 'attractive' to more than the 'straight male' archtype?

Not enough fang-rimmed orifices

The requirement for it to be both beautiful, seductive, and be replete with many toothed holes not on the front of the head leaves me with questions, but no judgement, as to what one finds attractive. I would argue that you cannot be beautiful and have a mouth on your stomach, but chaos, hey. 

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

• Cactus, Rik Lightstar, BassWave and 11 others like this

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_58096_14832_1808.gifgallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pngfriday-award.pnggallery_58096_13272_607.pngXX\

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,716 posts
Colour me excited!

I’ll definitely get a KoS. I’ve wanted to do one...stood atop a wrecked wave serpent, a dead Banshee impaled upon a claw, others disembowelled on the ground....for ages.

I’m sure those of us who prefer our Slaanesh a bit more twisted can convert it.

I might give mine a Se7en-style crotch blade...
  • RolandTHTG, Xenith, Gederas and 1 other like this

the emperor is scottish

the emperor is scottish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 507 posts

i'm not the biggest fan of the Slaanesh aesthetic but i cant deny the beauty in these models. The sculpts are sublime. So graceful. 
My particular favourite is the strange mortal male that i assum is maybe a standard bearer?   

Darkwrath121

Darkwrath121

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 417 posts

i'm not the biggest fan of the Slaanesh aesthetic but i cant deny the beauty in these models. The sculpts are sublime. So graceful.
My particular favourite is the strange mortal male that i assum is maybe a standard bearer?

That is a daemon prince, Syll’Esske. He's a very big boy! Compare to the Herald above him for scale.

Edited by Darkwrath121, 28 March 2019 - 08:13 AM.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

0aEPedz.png

Actually reminds me of the slaaneshi guys from blood quest. So seems fine to me.

I honestly don't mind the idea of a very human looking Daemon Prince, but imo a Daemon Prince should be recognizable on the board as at least being a Daemon without needing some explanation and this guy doesn't give off that vibe. Probably the reason why the design team added the herald to it which then resulted in a completely new unit instead of just a regular Daemon Prince lol

EDIT: is it a bad thing that I am oddly mesmerized by the Keeper of Secrets model and keep coming back just to stare at it? :D

Edited by sfPanzer, 28 March 2019 - 08:21 AM.

• Xenith and Doctor Perils like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,948 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG
IDK I think they nailed what I always thought Slaaneshi should be, which is "twisted/perverted elegance". If you put these clothes on a human you could say they were nobles. However because it's slaaneshi it is corrupted and makes me slightly uneasy.

The girl standing on they guy is a perfect example, I swear it could have been a cirque du soleil actor. However the scar-tattoo, the reversed limbs, clubbed feet-things, claw, and the feeling something is off. This to me is slaanesh, however for the older crowd I can understand because I was always told slaanesh was sex, drugs, and rock n' roll. However times have changed and I feel as though of the chaos God's, slaanesh is the one that would change the most to fit the current culture, and then twist it to his/her liking.
  • fire golem, Gederas and Slasher956 like this
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

EDIT: is it a bad thing that I am oddly mesmerized by the Keeper of Secrets model and keep coming back just to stare at it? biggrin.png

She who Thirsts will claim your soul if you carry on like that!

tongue.png

• stretch_135 likes this

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

EDIT: is it a bad thing that I am oddly mesmerized by the Keeper of Secrets model and keep coming back just to stare at it? biggrin.png

She who Thirsts will claim your soul if you carry on like that!

tongue.png

I can't wait! :D

• Ammonius and Doctor Perils like this

Rik Lightstar

Rik Lightstar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,300 posts
  • Faction: Astral Claws, Mantis Warriors

I honestly don't mind the idea of a very human looking Daemon Prince, but imo a Daemon Prince should be recognizable on the board as at least being a Daemon without needing some explanation and this guy doesn't give off that vibe. Probably the reason why the design team added the herald to it which then resulted in a completely new unit instead of just a regular Daemon Prince lol

I think it will standout just fine at 2.5-3 marines tall and then a Herald on top, you're not gonna miss it.

The Keeper is incredible, and as the other 3 Greater Daemons have had a few distinct builds available and a Named GD of their type you can be pretty sure there's more to see.

Rik

The Codex Astartes: Taking Away The Freedom Of The Astartes To Pigeonhole Themselves, 
And Restricting Them To Supreme Flexibility Since M31

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users