Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Apocalypse - Epic at 40K Scale?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
128 replies to this topic

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

Hungry Nostraman Lizard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 648 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

I hope this will bring us another round of large plastic kits like some of the previous Apocalypse releases biggrin.png

To those unfamiliar, what did previous apoc bring?

J25oay8.jpg

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,689 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

I hope this will bring us another round of large plastic kits like some of the previous Apocalypse releases biggrin.png

From 2013:

• Hungry Nostraman Lizard likes this

gallery_62972_14467_5178.jpggallery_62972_14467_1351.jpggallery_48988_15094_4929.pnggallery_62972_14467_2702.jpggallery_48988_15094_2403.pnggallery_62972_14467_4151.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

Blogs Blood Angels | Veritas Vitae | Battle Reports | Terrain | IXth Legion | Miscellaneous Imperials | Delaque
1000 Scout list W:0 D:0 L:0
1250 Death Company List (jump) W:0 D:0 L:0
1500 Light Mech List W:0 D:0 L:2 Dreadnought List W:2 D:0 L:1
1750 Hybrid List W:0 D:0 L:0
1850 Death Company List (mech) W:0 D:0 L:0
2000 Heavy Mech List W:0 D:0 L:1 Two Towers List W:0 D:0 L:0
Apocalypse W:1 D:0 L:0 | Heresy 2500 Mechanised IXth W:2 D:1 L:0

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,966 posts
Well. We can safely assume marines will have another dozen of primaris lieutenants

Edited by Sete, 31 March 2019 - 02:47 PM.

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,107 posts

Well. We can safely assume marines will have another dozen of primaris lieutenants

I see them getting a overlord vehicle imho
banana

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 633 posts

From 2013:

hmm, this makes me wish the Aquila Strongpoint and Vengeance Weapon Batteries were still available… such cool bits of terrain.

Hopefully we get some sort of replacement, maybe something designed to interface with the other modular buildings GW has been making recently?(say a type of roof or wall segment that has hard points for turrets and other such assets, if not full on fortress building type of it's own)

Edited by RipOffProductions, 01 April 2019 - 06:30 AM.

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

... And the Sisters will get a mini flying cathedral* as theirs!

*See BSF for pictures!

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,297 posts

From 2013:

hmm, this makes me wish the Aquila Strongpoint and Vengeance Weapon Batteries were still available… such cool bits of terrain.

Hopefully we get some sort of replacement, maybe something designed to interface with the other modular buildings GW has been making recently?(say a type of roof or wall segment that has hard points for turrets and other such assets, if not full on fortress building type of it's own)

Oooo that's a point - maybe a limited re-release like AoS got with the Witchfane Tor for Malign Portents? I'd buy em as I missed out last time.

Honda

Honda

++ HOSTICUS PLAUSTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,549 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

When they stop making 'em, you'll have the sadz. Mark my words. :P

• Sete likes this
Posted Image

"All those rumors about us being intolerant and stubborn really just evolved from our history. We're actually just a fun bunch of guys who enjoy burning witches" - Anon

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,441 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order, Deathskulls
New marine LoW: primaritron. Five Primaris lieutenants combine to form one super Primaris lieutenant.
  • Petitioner's City, TheOneTrueZon and Maritn like this
Formerly known as CardinalVirtue

Arendious

Arendious

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 353 posts
  • Faction: Umbral Owls
I was thinking about the movement trays - five positions each. Which might just be easier for combat squads, low unit count, etc.

Or maybe it's an indication of a level of abstraction? Five models in place of a full 40k squad.

"Take this, thy reflector belt, that the Emperor's Holy Light will shine in all the places that you go."  ~Commissar Lemay, Imperial Flying Corpsgallery_48988_6285_18080.png

Rik Lightstar

Rik Lightstar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,364 posts
  • Faction: Astral Claws, Mantis Warriors

I was thinking about the movement trays - five positions each. Which might just be easier for combat squads, low unit count, etc.

Or maybe it's an indication of a level of abstraction? Five models in place of a full 40k squad.

Also, in higher model count games it sometimes gets hard to know which squad is which, movement trays are a real bonus on this front.

Rik

• Honda likes this

The Codex Astartes: Taking Away The Freedom Of The Astartes To Pigeonhole Themselves, 
And Restricting Them To Supreme Flexibility Since M31

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,966 posts

@Honda : Just don't make them Ultramarine Generic. If they want to make a dozen more make them Chapter Specific for the remaining forgotten chapters. msn-wink.gif

I would like to see apoc tied so a lot of kit releases. Not necessarily just lords of war, but depending on how they go with this, it could tie in with campaigns, and kit updates.

Edited by Sete, 02 April 2019 - 10:18 AM.

• Honda likes this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,042 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

I would like to see apoc tied so a lot of kit releases. Not necessarily just lords of war, but depending on how they go with this, it could tie in with campaigns, and kit updates.

Like a nice Black Templars campaign featuring well.. Templars I guess??

Templars vs Word Bearers would be good. 

Marshal - Today heretic you will die by my sword in the name of the God Emperahhh!!!!!

Lorgar - censored.gif off mate, I wrote your bible!!!

Edited by Slave to Darkness, 02 April 2019 - 11:54 AM.

• Honda, Captain Smashy Pants, Gederas and 2 others like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 633 posts

Orks vs World Eaters would be nice if/when we revisit Armagedon again, as both have an intrest in the world at this point un the lore, gives us a great time to get both an Updated Gazgul model and the all-new Deamon Angron, and any updates GW wants to make to Boyz and Berserkers.

plus it's Green vs Red, complimentary colors to have on the art for any kind of battle box featuring said infantry updates.

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,297 posts
I’d love a new huge Gaz model and Angron would be fun and I suppose they could be massive monsters but they’re not going to be Stompa sized. But I can’t help but think 2 large character models would seem disappointing to most players as the centrepiece to a new Apocalypse edition. I think most would want huge vehicles or similar.

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,852 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade

I’d love a new huge Gaz model and Angron would be fun and I suppose they could be massive monsters but they’re not going to be Stompa sized. But I can’t help but think 2 large character models would seem disappointing to most players as the centrepiece to a new Apocalypse edition. I think most would want huge vehicles or similar.

Last Apocalypse had Masters of the Chapter, I dont think it would be so out of place or disappointing to see certain HQs being updated and Ork players have been asking for a new Ghaz for years so I dont see how that would be disappointing..

++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,213 posts
If I recall correctly, a few months ago a White Dwarf featuring the new Imperial Guard codex had a picture of a regiment of ¿Ventrillian nobles? against orks, and in the background there was a blurry but pretty big miniature. Was it ever revealed what that was? If not, it might be a new Beast ork for Apocalypse, which might include the option to model it as Ghaz.

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,107 posts

If I recall correctly, a few months ago a White Dwarf featuring the new Imperial Guard codex had a picture of a regiment of ¿Ventrillian nobles? against orks, and in the background there was a blurry but pretty big miniature. Was it ever revealed what that was? If not, it might be a new Beast ork for Apocalypse, which might include the option to model it as Ghaz.

I think that said it was a heavy conversion

-----

As to contents

My wishlist is

Primaris/Marines: overlord
Tyranid: aspect of the hive mind(lovecraftian horror)/biotitan
Gaurd: mass lander
Gretknights: some psy knightTitan
Tau: commander Kai's
Eldar: new khaine

What I expect:
Sm:. Primaris tetrach low

Edited by Triszin, 02 April 2019 - 09:53 PM.

• Elzender likes this
banana

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 633 posts

as I said, those two would come from a general Armageddon focused event(s), their armies can also get some Apocalypse tier units.

but let's face it, if Gazgul gets the full Beast treatment he can be pretty beefy, and Angron deserves to be one of the most intimidating Daemon Primarchs.

Trevak Dal

Trevak Dal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,337 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion (Night Blades)
Movement trays would be useful for armies with big units like Orks, chaos or Genestealer cultists or tyranids.

"Our Turn" - Centurion Khârn.

Iron Father Ferrum

Iron Father Ferrum

++ INTERFECTOR PRODITORES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,610 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands, Alpha Legion
Let's keep talking about Apocalypse and not the nature of Chaos.
Posted Image

+Corruption of Purpose: Heretic Astartes+
+The Blade Unsheathed: Asuryani+

+AO+ Currently seeking a PhotoShopper to make me a Chaos banner for this signature. +OA+

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,848 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
I’m starting to wonder if this ruleset won’t lend itself well to company level battles in a single evening. Like impose a limit on armor and lords of war and play strictly with infantry in large quantities. Could be a helluva fun time.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts

set formations with little squad customisation...

ie you take a SM company that gives you 6 tactical squads with x AT dice, Y anti personel... 2 devastator sqds 2 assault sqds etc .... you know like epic had stands this will have squads :P

• Doctor Perils likes this

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

happy.png

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,848 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

set formations with little squad customisation...

ie you take a SM company that gives you 6 tactical squads with x AT dice, Y anti personel... 2 devastator sqds 2 assault sqds etc .... you know like epic had stands this will have squads tongue.png

You could play a seriously fun game like that AND you can scale it down to epic size for smaller games.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts

with squads brought like that you have a binary solution... either they are on the table and fighting or dead & removed which cuts down on book keeping and so speeding up the game... along with 1 squad 1 target etc etc

happy.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users