Daemons of the Ruinstorm Models

Pearson73

That is the conclusion im coming to as well. As cool as the Nighthaunt are, to directly port is both a stretch AND doesn't follow the basing guidelines. 

ndard daemon range.

Yeah, I mean, you can always rebase, but most of those models will look too small.  I mean, some of the models I plan on using for daemons have the wrong base sizes: some are 80s that I plan on rebasing to 60s, one is on a 60mm flight base that I will look at placing on 130mm bases after doing all of my conversion work to them (so long as the base doesn't made the dude look too small).  But, with all of those models being special characters, they are also pretty unique and will be hard to model up as monsters without butchering them.

That said, converting some Nighthaunt into lesser daemons or daemonic cavalry could definitely look good in a diverse force of daemons, either as undivided or Malal daemons.  Just a full port probably isn't ideal.

You could make your own big spoopy ghost though, the reason the range is so strong is that they have a simple design that works well. Use some cloth, make a wire mesh to drape it over, then sculpt some big ghostly/daemomic arms and a face on it.

https://www.hunker.com/13422454/how-to-make-fabric-stiff-permanently

Or you could go for an amalgamation of ghosts, a wire mesh hidden under 30 or 40 spirit hosts.

That's one of the reasons I'm avoiding this army, it's such a tempting modelling project.

Potentially the Morghast could provide monsters for the undead themed army, which I do think is a really cool theme; the warp detects the guilt of the Astartes and conjures hordes of the betrayed and slain. Could use Legion of the Damned models as possessed marines too.

Depends how much $ one wants to blow on demon army. Personally I believe that Wyrd or even Privateer Press has superior minis but they are expensive. It's hard to make a decent and original RuinstormD army on GW minis only unless you go for one of four mainstream gods.

Edited by rendingon1+

Depends how much $ one wants to blow on demon army. Personally I believe that Wyrd or even Privateer Press has superior minis but they are expensive. It's hard to make a decent and original RuinstormD army on GW minis only unless you go for one of four mainstream gods.

Nurgle by far is the easiest. The entire range supports them.

Khorne, doable mostly.

Slaanesh and Tzeentch will require some work.

• 1 month later...

What do you think about using Balrog Model from LoTR? Propably as Ruinstorm Demon Lord?

Might work, though the teased Ruinstorm Daemon Lord looks a bit bigger than the Balrog:

59853327_2307424435944806_19005614813222

59852950_2307424302611486_26844609892895

We also know what Brutes look like now:

Fest2019-Sat13-HeresyBrute3kuyc.jpg

Fest2019-Sat13-HeresyBrute2okc.jpg

Fest2019-Sat13-HeresyBrute1jjc.jpg