Community Survey 2019 - IG Feedback Suggestions

duz_

This is a big one. Eliminate the Supreme Command Detachment and super heavy auxiliary detachment and put a lord of war slot into a brigade detachment. Obviously a Super heavy detachment should still be in the game, to keep knights playable. This and a 2+ or 6++ save for baneblades would make mono-guard armies a thing that people do in tournaments. No longer will we see a catachan brigade with a castellan.

Give baneblades a 2+, 6++, regenerate 1 wound a turn

Change volcano cannon damage to 4d3

Bodyguard rule for command squads

Armoured sentinel gets stable platform

Change plasma cannon overcharge to 1 mortal wound per unmodified hit  roll of . 

Plasma overcharge blows up on unmodified hit rolls of 1

No regimental traits or stratagems for conscripts

Commissars 

New models for all regiments

Chaos upgrade sprue

Rough riders with cavalry commander

Better sniper weapons

Hot shot weapons range

More mortal wounds and damage radius for deathstrike (it's a nuke for crying out loud)

Better dozer blades - maybe move through cover?

Vehicle upgrade sprue included in all vehicle kits with all options.

All chimaera chassis vehicles in one kit - not sure on this one

A lot of stuff in here, I wonder if GW might be able to read that far :wink: Given the results of the previous survey I think something short, sweet and easily digestible/identifiable would be best to mirror it, and hopefully get the same result.

Which is what I think we can all agree on: plastic interchangeable kits for all regiments! :biggrin.:

A lot of stuff in here, I wonder if GW might be able to read that far :wink: Given the results of the previous survey I think something short, sweet and easily digestible/identifiable would be best to mirror it, and hopefully get the same result.

Which is what I think we can all agree on: plastic interchangeable kits for all regiments! :biggrin.:

Possibly, but I think that rules changes would be easiest for GW to do. I say eliminate supreme command and super heavy auxiliary detachments, and give Brigades a LOW slot. Giving Baneblades a 2+/6++ save would be enough to make guard competitive without a castellan.

1. Bring over the Forgeworld flyers and reduce their costs.

2. Undo the horrific Hellstrike Missile point nerf (not the Valk's current one, but the one that only affects the FW flyers)

3. Give the TBolt a much needed model update like the Lightning got, it's a hideous brick, make it look cool like they did the Lightning.

4. New Codex: Harakoni Warhawks for those of us who want more airborne based guard armies.

5. Undo the Conscript and Commissar Nerf, these units were only broken in soup, remove the ability to take them in a non monoguard army.

6. Make Avengers Great Again

7. Give Sergeants Lasguns

Veterans to troops or giving veterans doctrines again.

Fix the range on hotshot lasguns.

Codex entry and models for rough riders. Bikes, horses, lizards, or bears. It does not matter. Make Rough Riders Available Again!

A special character for each regiment.

Edited by Hawkeye252

Possibly, but I think that rules changes would be easiest for GW to do. I say eliminate supreme command and super heavy auxiliary detachments, and give Brigades a LOW slot. Giving Baneblades a 2+/6++ save would be enough to make guard competitive without a castellan.

If you eliminate the Supreme Command detachment then no one can take any inquisitors and if you eliminate the Superheavy auxiliary detachment then a lot of armies wouldn’t be able to take a LoW at all without taking 3 of them (or having to resort to FW) including:

Blood Angels

Dark Angels

Space wolves

Grey Knights

Sisters of battle

Custodes

Non-Khorne C:CSM armies

And even if those armies did have their own LoWs the cost of having to fill a Brigade to unlock the slot would mean they couldn’t afford the LoW.

Militarum Tempestus: Expand range. A fast attack choice like sentinels or bikes would be nice.

Make the HS lasgun have longer range, why does it have a scope? Rapid fire str 3 is not Op when deep striking 9 inches away!

Astra Militarum : Baneblades get regimental doctrines.

New infantry line would be nice.

Fix the vanquisher and Exterminator

Nice dirtbike models, perhaps new roughriders with some rules tweaks?

Fix Forge World points discrepancy.

Return commissars to what they should be; increase points if necessary, but make useful.

If a sergeant can carry a boltgun, why can't he carry a lasgun?

Edited by Kontakt

What about allowing Baneblades in a SHAux detachment to have a Regimental Doctrine if you have an Astra Militarum brigade with the same Doctrine? I presume the current restriction is to make them less appealing in soup; this suggestion would reward armies that have invested significantly in the Guard. There’s still some scope for soup, but for most games (if using the suggested matched play restrictions) you’d be limited to a single non-Guard detachment.

KITS:

- Necromunda style infantry kits : (10 man kits, with excess heads/bits) - elysian, steelegion, etc.

- K9 unit!

Scion range:

- expanded, scion fast attack buggy (flamer?)

crazy wishlist

scion range:

- maybe a mini drop pod set (the one from the terrain assests), 1 pod, carries 1 model, sold in boxes of 5. (arrive as a shooting attack, then has some hp, acts as barriers to vehicles and confers cover?)

New super Heavy support lander/LOW, carries 30-40 troops. takes a turn to land, then can become a Static defense, tidewall meets a chimera/dropod

Thinking about plastic regiments - which of the regiments could be combined into multi-kits with just a head/equipment swap?

e.g. steel leagion and valhallans both have trenchcoats - with trenchcoat bodies and a choice of steel helmet and fur hat heads, both regiments could be build from one kit.

I'd like to see the commisar un-nerfed or maybe changed to roll 2 die take the lowest. Please dont even suggest that platoons return. That one change would probably kill IG in 8th.

-Platoon Commander - New Rule - 2nd in command - may use voice of command 1 extra time per turn. 5 point upgrade, 1 unit per detachment.

Scions

-HSVG- changed to Assault 4 or Rapid Fire 3.

Lasguns as Sgt option.

Edited by mertbl

-Multilasers changed to Rapid 3 or Assault 3.

-Fix sniper rifles, they are beyond underwhelming.

-Commissars need fixed. Every other army in the game basically ignores moral except us. That's fine for the elite ones, but Nids and Orks are functionally fearless, why is it a problem if we get a boost.

-Multilasers changed to Rapid 3 or Assault 3.

-Fix sniper rifles, they are beyond underwhelming.

-Commissars need fixed. Every other army in the game basically ignores moral except us. That's fine for the elite ones, but Nids and Orks are functionally fearless, why is it a problem if we get a boost.

The ability to make Guardsmen fearless might result in a points increase to our troops. Give commissars the ability to give special orders to abhumans and make astropaths subject to the for your own good rule. It's more likely that perils of the warp will kill an astropath.

Knights also don't get their Household in a super heavy aux. But for Baneblades it makes little sense anymore, as they are already nerfed by the lack of an invun/fnp at the stage the game is now.

My biggest gripe, in all honesty, is the inconsistency in the effects of 1s and 6s. They should update every single rule that has an effect to unmodified rolls, like the newer armies already have. In our case there's the obvious Plasma damage as well as Scions benefitting. Also, the Hot Shot Volley should be Assault 4 instead of Heavy. It's silly that Scions as rapid insertion troops would bring a heavy weapon they can't move around easily.

That and fixes to FW stuff.

Negative to hit modifiers are a massive pain in the ass. I played an opponent that took a mastodon. He used the alpha legion, then gave the mastodon the mark of nurgle. He advanced, the vehicle casted miasma of pestilence and warp time, then popped smoke. With the -3 to hit he was able to get his entire army, except 1 psyker within charge distance of my army and didn't have to worry about taking fire from anything except veterans and my tank commander. It was the cheapest thing ever.