Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2k - Kill Team Scarus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

ambit

ambit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 123 posts

Hi guys, looking for feedback on the below list if you wouldn't mind:

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Deathwatch) [79 PL, 1413pts, 7CP] ++

Armory of the Watch Fortress (1 Relic) [-1CP]

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [5CP]

+ HQ +

Librarian with Jump Pack [7 PL, 126pts]
. 3) Psychic Scourge, 6) Null Zone, Force axe, Jump Pack, Storm Bolter, Relic: The Beacon Angelis

Watch Master [7 PL, 130pts]
. Warlord, Castellan of the Black Vault, Relic: Tome of the Ectoclades

+ Troops +

Intercessors [15 PL, 267pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher

. Aggressor: Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets, Fragstorm Grenade Launchers
. 4x Hellblaster: Heavy Plasma Incinerator
. 4x Intercessor: Stalker Bolt Rifle
. Intercessor Sergeant: Chainsword, Stalker Bolt Rifle

Intercessors [14 PL, 240pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher
. 4x Hellblaster: Plasma incinerator
. 5x Intercessor: Bolt rifle
. Intercessor Sergeant: Bolt rifle, Chainsword

Intercessors [18 PL, 346pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher
. 2x Aggressor: Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets, Fragstorm Grenade Launchers
. 3x Inceptor: 2x Plasma Exterminator
. 4x Intercessor: Auto Bolt Rifle
. Intercessor Sergeant: Auto Bolt Rifle, Chainsword

Intercessors [18 PL, 304pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher
. 2x Aggressor: Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets, Fragstorm Grenade Launchers
. 3x Inceptor: 2x Assault Bolter
. 4x Intercessor: Auto Bolt Rifle
. Intercessor Sergeant: Auto Bolt Rifle, Chainsword

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [29 PL, 462pts, 4CP] ++

Detachment CP [5CP]

Regimental Doctrine: Astra Millitarum

Heirlooms of Conquest (1 Relic) [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Elysian Company Commander [3 PL, 40pts]
. Lasgun and Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Frag & Krak Grenades, Relic: Kurov's Aquila

Primaris Psyker [2 PL, 46pts]
. Force Stave, Psychic Barrier, Terrifying Visions

+ Troops +

2x Death Korps Grenadier Storm Squad [3 PL, 68pts]
. 2x Grenadier w/Special Weapon: Flamer
. Grenadier Weapons Team: Heavy flamer
. Grenadier Watch Master: 2 Bolt Pistols, Chainsword

Elysian Drop Trooper Squad [4 PL, 50pts]
. 9x Guardsman w/Lasgun, Frag & Krak Grenades
. Sergeant: Lasgun, Frag & Krak Grenades

+ Elites +

Elysian Platoon Commander [2 PL, 30pts]
. Lasgun and Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Frag & Krak Grenades, Melta bombs

+ Heavy Support +

2x Elysian Heavy Weapon Squad [3 PL, 30pts]
. 3x Heavy Weapon Team: Mortar

+ Dedicated Transport +

2x Death Korps Centaur Light Assault Carrier [3 PL, 50pts]
. 2x Heavy stubber

++ Auxiliary Support Detachment -1CP (Imperium - Inquisition) [5 PL, 100pts, -1CP] ++

Detachment CP [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Inquisitor Eisenhorn [5 PL, 100pts]

. 1) Dominate, 3) Terrify

++ Total: [113 PL, 1975pts, 10CP] ++

All AM start on the board, except for the Elysian Infantry Squad and Platoon Commander. Eisenhorn is in one Centaur with a Grenadier Squad, the Primaris Psyker is in the other Centaur with the other squad. They advance 9" before turn 1 and have a very small profile for a vehicle (so easy to hide). If need be, these 2 squads can hunt down the enemy scouts.

Mortars are out of LoS in deployment, with the Company Commander. So is the Heavy Hellblaster squad and Watch Master. Because of the Aggressor, this squad can move into position and shoot all their weapons without penalty. Watch Master allows them to split fire and get seperate mission tactics.

Librarian also starts out of LoS, he will advance up the board turn 1, staying out of sight. I will therefore have 2 units of grenadiers, 2 centaur and 3 psykers in the midfield on turn 1. Ideally trying to avoid being in LoS.

Turn 2, I advance the Libby to an ideal location and use Beacon Angelis on the Watch Master, then drop the 3 remaining Intercessor units all around him and dish out some serious hurt.

The one with Hellblasters is a midfield objective holder, the other 2 go hunting in the enemy deployment. Because of the Inceptors, they can both fallback and shoot, the aggressors allow them to advance and shoot without penalty, and they both have enough gravis for T5.

Psychic powers should compliment, and would love to use dominate on a Castellan smile.png

Reinforcements Points are for the Daemonhost.

Malleus mission tactics and doctrine should help against high toughness vehicles, like Knights (which I think will be the hardest matchup).

Edited by ambit, 29 March 2019 - 12:43 PM.

gallery_48988_10069_135.png

WookieInTheMist

WookieInTheMist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts
Solid build ūü§ô I would just move the Aggressor in your Heavy plasma/ stalker bolt rifle squad, with only 18‚ÄĚ range he is probably better off with the squad below it, get into rapid fire range and sit still. The aggressor ability ‚ÄúRelentless Advance‚ÄĚ only counts for Assualt weapons.
  • ambit likes this

xenomortis

xenomortis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 81 posts

Looks a solid list to me.

Is Eisenhorn in purely for Dominate? What are your experiences with him on the tabletop?

• ambit likes this

mlygNsm.jpg

ambit

ambit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 123 posts

Solid build I would just move the Aggressor in your Heavy plasma/ stalker bolt rifle squad, with only 18‚ÄĚ range he is probably better off with the squad below it, get into rapid fire range and sit still. The aggressor ability ‚ÄúRelentless Advance‚ÄĚ only counts for Assualt weapons.

Relentless Advance actually allows you to move and fire Heavy weapons with no penalty (or advance and fire assault weapons with no penalty), which is the only reason I included him in that squad, as it allows them to start out of LoS and move into position.

ambit

ambit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 123 posts

Looks a solid list to me.

Is Eisenhorn in purely for Dominate? What are your experiences with him on the tabletop?

Yeah pretty much, he also has the buffed daemonhost and nearby units can use his leadership. Plus he can cast 2 and deny 2.

Haven't used him in a game yet.. only just finished assembling him, that resin is a pain in the ass to stick together. 

Dominate needs a 7, so I'll probably need to command point re-roll to make sure it goes off. Can't count on it though, so he needs to earn his points through deny, daemonhost and smite.

WookieInTheMist

WookieInTheMist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts
O sorry, read it that way under the aggressor datasheet but I see the intercessor one includes heavy weapons. Very cool tactic, thanks for the insight ūü§ô

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users