Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Battle Sisters rumors compendium: new model sighted (p.42)!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1183 replies to this topic

Antarius

Antarius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts
Are you seriously complaining about a full range redo (after the community has been screaming for plastic sisters for at LEAST ten years, too), because "we already have most of those models. Just in metal"?

Noone wants you to be "grateful" for anything (it's a product that you'll either spend money on or not), but seriously, a full range redo rarely ever happens.

As for bases, I would vastly prefer SoB on 25mm (I just think it looks best), but you realize that you're complaining about their mechanism for not forcing players to rebase their entire army of toy soldiers when an aesthetic design choice happens, using words like "deeply irresponsible" and "inexcusable"? I mean, noone can make you feel otherwise, but that seems completely out of proportion to me.

Edited by Antarius, 18 October 2019 - 04:21 AM.

• toaae, Sandlemad, CaptainMarsh and 8 others like this

"The Bolter is the truth. It is the gift given to us by the Emperor for our valour. With it we are whole. Without it we are diminished." - Book of Aphael, verse 42.

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,243 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

And with that we come to an end of the thread!

whistling.gif

until the next BSB / release comes

• Antarius likes this

taikishi

taikishi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 742 posts

I'm not going to pass comment on anything to do with rules because, as far as I can see, there hasn't really been much communication about the development, but they did announce that they had taken specific feedback from the Beta Codex onboard and were working on solutions.

And as Ishagu says; Marines were bad, and then they suddenly were good, and we had no communication about that either. So it isn't correct to assume that just because you haven't heard anything, you have to worry about the outcome. 

Lets start with the 'insight into development', its the wording GW/WHC used... and hype and expectation that the wording created....I remember when you got concept sketches and designers commentary in WD so when WHC said that they where going to give more insight that ever before that was the base line I was expecting them to go off....oops my bad I should have realised that they were talking in comparrison to 7th & 8th Ed codexs.whistling.gif ....

Concept sketches and commentary in WD's that released alongside the models. Not before. Anyway, you might choose to note that the very first BSB in February was concept art and the tenth was design commentary

About base sizes.... I've got 100 sisters that (for some situations /enviroments ala ITC tournaments) I'm going to have to rebase so yeah I am going to be a tad annoyed because why change the size of the base?... I mean why not use the insight in to development to tell us why -' oh we increased the base for the basic sister because of X & y???

My point about base sizes was in reference to the specific complaint mentioned; the Hospitaller being on a 40mm base. It is absolutely pointless and futile to complain about this; just use your brain and put it on a 25mm or whatever you please.

As for rebasing existing models; there are no rules about bases in 40k. You can use what you want. If you choose to participate in a tournament that enforces certain base sizes then that is your prerogative and that of the tournament organisers. What relevance it has to GW designing things to go on certain base sizes is completely lost on me.

Now a number of people wouldnt care about any of that except what have we seen? honestly has anything new been shown?  parts of a rhino style vehicle that arent on the finished model rhino shown... a drawing of a cherub for the retributors

You asked "honestly has anything new been shown" and then go on to list new things you were shown that are part of kits that haven't been revealed yet. In addition there a speaker-lectern (presumably for a Dialogus), a render (not a drawing) of a Cherub for the Retributors alongside two full Retributors  examples of Repentia with posing options from the forthcoming multipart kit, the Hospitaller, multiple pieces of new artwork. Not to mention an entire box worth of models you have now seen in detail.

All these things previewed but it's not enough because you just reduce it down to "a drawing of a Cherub". This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Tried to delete most of the quote tunnel, especially since I only intend to talk about one part of this post, and can't for some reason, so I apologize in advance.

Outside of the Cherub, that isn't "new". That's existing models being redone. New would be a new unit, a new vehicle, a new character (regular or special), access to a weapon option the army didn't have before.

Edit: And before anyone brings up Amalia, she's not a special character or even a character. She's a 9 point Sister Superior (10 if you want to use her as a Dominion Superior).

Edited by taikishi, 18 October 2019 - 01:11 PM.

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 813 posts
Thing is though, Sisters, with the exception of maybe one or two characters, and a couple of units that will come sooner than later like the heavy weapon squad (forget what they are called), the immolator and artillery tank are getting a complete range redo. Not even Space Marines have even ever had a complete range redo all at once. From 2nd to third we got tactical squad, assault squad, devastator squad, landspeeder and command squad with captain. Then down the track the LR, then further down the track, the rhino, RB and Predator. Then we had to wait till 4th ed for whirlwind and terminators. Then halfway through 4th, the vindicator. Then a recut of the tactical along with sternguard, vanguard and centurions. It wasn’t for another two years before we got recut ASM and devastators. Even with the advent of Primaris, releases have been spread over a couple of years. Long story short, GW can’t release everything at once, nor would they if they could, but as far as an initial rerelease, SoB looks to be quite large. And as with the Space Marine examples I mentioned more come, but it may take a while. Look, I can only begin to imagine the frustration of sisters players, but rejoice that something you’ve been waiting for has finally come. And on the bright side GSC only just got an official, playable list just recently for the first time since 2nd.
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,243 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé
Erm just to point out the sister range is not that large....here it is in full!

Battle sisters with bolters, special weapons, heavy weapons, banner and (makes troop, elite, fast attack and heavy support units)
Repentia
Rhino, immolator exorcist (same hull)
Seraphim
Characters - canoness, hospitiller, diagolus and mistress

Not sisters but AS codex units
Arcoflanalents
PEngines

Currently not being redone:
Priests
Crusaders
DCA

Redone in plastic
Living saint

New since 3rd
Saints bodyguards...come out in plastic 7th
  • Leif Bearclaw and RipOffProductions like this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,666 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Looking at how good new factions like GSC turned out there's no reason to think that the new plastic Sisters won't be great. This won't be some niche, online order faction. These girls will be front and centre on the shelves.

I think they'll get some new, spicy rules and abilties and will likely be costed aggressively.
  • Montford likes this

-~Ishagu~-

MoshJason

MoshJason

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts
I think the reason why sisters players are upset is that they took what could have been a really cool insight and dragged it out; there was 3 seperate bulletins (a month and a half) on Sister Amelia Novena, whose cool but also just a 9pt Sister with a boltgun. Which they've also showed.

What I think people wanted to spend more time on was things that were being updated a bit more, or had some story to it -- like, here's the update to the Exorcist, this is why we designed it this way, and how we handled the classic design with modern sensibilities. Which is why I think the hospitallier went over so we'll -- they did exactly that, and only spent 1 week on that model.

Edited by MoshJason, 18 October 2019 - 04:34 PM.

• Slasher956 likes this

Leif Bearclaw

Leif Bearclaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,640 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Thing is though, Sisters, with the exception of maybe one or two characters, and a couple of units that will come sooner than later like the heavy weapon squad (forget what they are called), the immolator and artillery tank are getting a complete range redo. Not even Space Marines have even ever had a complete range redo all at once. From 2nd to third we got tactical squad, assault squad, devastator squad, landspeeder and command squad with captain. Then down the track the LR, then further down the track, the rhino, RB and Predator. Then we had to wait till 4th ed for whirlwind and terminators. Then halfway through 4th, the vindicator. Then a recut of the tactical along with sternguard, vanguard and centurions. It wasn’t for another two years before we got recut ASM and devastators. Even with the advent of Primaris, releases have been spread over a couple of years. Long story short, GW can’t release everything at once, nor would they if they could, but as far as an initial rerelease, SoB looks to be quite large. And as with the Space Marine examples I mentioned more come, but it may take a while. Look, I can only begin to imagine the frustration of sisters players, but rejoice that something you’ve been waiting for has finally come. And on the bright side GSC only just got an official, playable list just recently for the first time since 2nd.

Actually, GW could, the Sisters pretty much have always been a notably smaller range than the Marines.

TBH I don't know how you can call this initial release 'large' (going on the seemingly accepted assumption that this box of 25, monopose, single loadout minis is all we're getting as a first wave). You don't have any of the Sisters tanks, no heavy weapons for the Sisters squad, don't have the complete range of specials etc.

As for complete range redo, if we compare Sisters to DE, they come up short, and they certainly didn't have to, as a release comparable to month 1 of DE would have the Sisters pretty well served. From my post earlier in the thread (before the arcos had been revealed iirc).

DE got, in the first month, Warrior, Wych, Reaver and Hellion multi part plastic kits, Raider and Ravager plastic kits, Incubi and Mandrake metals and 3 characters (Archon, Lilith and Urien). 43 new models in all (only counting the multi part plastics once)......

.....Not counting special characters (because they lost some, gained some and 2010-era GW didn't regularly produce minis for all special characters anyway) DE were only actually lacking Talos, Grotesques, Warp Beasts and Scourges (which were completely redesigned in concept to boot) from their old range at launch.

Compare that to a potential Sisters release. You could actually get very similar coverage in less kits than DE. A properly designed 'Battle Sister' kit could conceivably cover Battle Sisters, Dominions, Retributors and Celestians. Add in a Seraphim and Repentia kit and that's basically all the extant 'Sisters' (ie. actual Sisters, rather than Priestly stuff) infantry. Rhinos, Immolators and Exorcists only really need upgrade sprues for the current Rhino Chassis, with Immolator/Exorcist likely a dual kit. Add in the Cannoness, Hospitaller, and the already shown penitent Engine you're pretty much done. IIRC (and excluding special characters) all you're missing there are the Priests and the Death Cult/Arco-Flagellant/Crusader mixed retinue unit.

Even if you split Retributors off into a second kit, that's still only 4 squad kits, 2/3 (depending on whether you want to count 'Rhino with Sororitas upgrade sprue' as a full 'new kit') vehicle kits and 2 characters. Still less than the DE first wave, but you've covered 85-odd percent of the old range straight out the gate. If we got all that as proper (non ETB) kits, I don't think there'd be many complaints (assuming all the standard things, like not charging Terminator prices for 5 basic Sisters etc).

NTaW

NTaW

++ SUSPECTAVI VENEFICI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,984 posts

=][= Let's take a break. Please report this comment to reopen when new information becomes available. =][=

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)