Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Battle Sisters rumors compendium: new models sighted (p.12)!

• Please log in to reply
425 replies to this topic

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 823 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

They are just updating the current models to be fair, and they kept the Geminae very similar to the Seraphim... so its only the new units* (& possibly celestians) who will look different.

*Yep I'm still hoping that we get new units... .... .... I know I know that its the 1st step towards disapointment tongue.png

I kept waiting for an april fools joke about them not needing flying stands anymore but couldn't see one.

they wouldnt use an ongoing series of articles for an april fools joke, as they will have been written some time ago and are just programed for release... its the one offs that'll be the jokes

• Thalgrim likes this

grailkeeper

grailkeeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 445 posts
  • Faction: Vylka Fenrika

I am getting a Kurt Russell vibe from the top row, second from the left.

Given the motion in the hair and the veteran look I think she might be Seraphim.

Skerr

Skerr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 726 posts
Gw is giving away a few squads as well as giving away an entire SoB army (not sure how big that is though hope it would be at least 1000 pts ) which they said was the new models. I am pretty unfamiliar with the range though plan on starting off with Kill Team and going from there. I am getting the impression there will be lots of new units though could be wrong.

Brother Zeal

Brother Zeal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts

Legit news this time, about seraphim: https://www.warhamme...him-first-look/

BattleSisterBulletinSeraphim-Apr1-Render

Not sold on the head, but there are alternatives. I imagine that the kit will include an optional helm. Otherwise it's looking good!

One thing I can't quite work out: what's with all the button holes on the loincloth?

Gw is giving away a few squads as well as giving away an entire SoB army (not sure how big that is though hope it would be at least 1000 pts ) which they said was the new models. I am pretty unfamiliar with the range though plan on starting off with Kill Team and going from there. I am getting the impression there will be lots of new units though could be wrong.

As long as it's not like the Sisters of Silence and multiple units come from one kit with the same static poses, it will be interesting to see how GW will moderize the old range. Given that they seem to be testing the water by releasing CAD images of the units it looks as though they'll tinker with the end product in response to community feedback before committing it to the mold-makers.

• Echoesofthehearth likes this

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 677 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle/Red Templars

Yup. That's a Seraphim alright!

I like the gauntlets. But as they point out it's hard to get too excited when they basically look like the Geminae.

I am willing to bet those arms are posable. 

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,384 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order, Deathskulls
I bet they are. It's interesting from a design standpoint that whereas Astartes shoulder pads are mounted to the arm, it appears that sororitas shoulder armor is part of a solid mantlet that goes entirely across the body.
Formerly known as CardinalVirtue

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,710 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

It's official, drilling barrels is not required anymore ;)

Threefold Brush Studio Cheap! Fast! Gorgeous! We ship worldwide.

Lorgar signed the pact for his soul with crayons,

Erebus drinks recaf made with keel water of the Furious Abyss

and Kor Phaeron's mum was an abhuman!
- Blackclad Hools of Rogal Dorn

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,384 posts
Silly Krieg, clearly it just shoots out of the hole on the side of the barrel.
  • Reclusiarch Krieg likes this

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 834 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

Why, why, WHY sculpt deep holes for the flash supressor, but not the actual barrel itself?! wacko.png 

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

Why, why, WHY sculpt deep holes for the flash supressor, but not the actual barrel itself?! wacko.png

because these are made in a 2 part solid steel plastic injection mold, these types of molds can only create detail that is at most 90 degrees perpendicular to the seem between two halves of the mold.

this sense detail needs to be put in the sides of the gun, the barrel hole is obscured behind the sides of the barrel itself, while the flash suppressor is clearly available to be sculpted.

Edited by RipOffProductions, 02 April 2019 - 08:28 AM.

• Majorbookworm, Captain Taelos and Waking Dreamer like this

Tylydox

Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 682 posts

I am getting a Kurt Russell vibe from the top row, second from the left.

Given the motion in the hair and the veteran look I think she might be Seraphim.

She could be some Heavy Support too.

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 823 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

I wonder if they'll just give you a mix of heads with the BSS /Dominon /Retributor boxs... so you can have a mix of the fresh girls straight from the convent, the ones who have been in the order for a few years and the experianced vets all in the same squads.

• Skerr likes this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,891 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos and Wolves

Yea I do like the scarred faces popping up in artwork, they dont have the healing abilities of Astartes so I would imagine there would be a lot of Sisters with some scarring/disfigurement running about. 

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!!'' - Dennis the Peasant, England. 932 A.D.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,488 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

And even Astartes are often shown with lots of scars to be fair. ^^

• Slave to Darkness likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Mekhitar

Mekhitar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 452 posts
  • Faction: Ashen Wing, Mercurial Legion
It’s not buttonholes on a loincloth - the fabric below the belt is part of a larger, single robe, which also includes the fwooshing sleeves. (I have a lot of experience with clerical garb...) The seraphim is wearing a robe underneath her armor, and it “shows” beneath the chest piece & shoulders and below the belt, but it is all connected.

When out of armor, the robe is buttoned up: you can see the flowing, cast-back sleeves also have buttons and button holes so that they create a normal robe wth full sleeves if buttoned, or they can be unbuttoned back to the elbow. The bottom of the robe is the same. It can be buttoned all the way down like a priestly cassock.

In combat, that’s darn impractical (limits freedom of movement), so it is unbuttoned most of the way up to the hips.

Those buttons can either run all the way up to her shoulder, or end at the hip. :)
  • Magos Takatus, mel_danes, sfPanzer and 1 other like this

Do you hear the people sing?

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,280 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force
https://www.warhamme...ehicle-details/

Battle Sister Bulletin – Part 5: Vehicle Details

The Battle Sister Bulletin is back today with a first glimpse at some of the new vehicles that are in development. Before we dive into the details, let’s take a quick look at what we know about the vehicle pool available to the Adepta Sororitas.

Adepta Sororitas Vehicles
The iconic vehicles of the Adepta Sororitas – the Immolator, Exorcist and Rhino – all utilise the ubiquitous Rhino chassis. Some of these vehicles are based upon the Mk I Deimos-pattern Rhino Standard Template Construct (STC) and are ancient in origin. The oldest examples are baroque masterpieces, having been reverently maintained and embellished with additional Ecclesiarchal decorations for millennia.

The Deimos-pattern chassis features a number of characteristics that set it apart from the Mk IIc Mars-pattern Rhino more widely utilised by the Adeptus Astartes. The most notable of these features are the circular side doors that part to either side of the entrance, rather than the rectangular single-panel doors of later designs that yawn open to create a ramp.

BattleSisterBulletinVehicles-Apr15-ClassBattleSisterBulletinVehicles-Apr15-Rhino

Vehicle Details
The new vehicles being designed for the Adepta Sororitas represent the more antiquated Deimos-pattern Rhino STC. As such, they are flanked by the archetypal circular doors, adorned with the symbolic fleur-de-lys of the Adepta Sororitas.

BattleSisterBulletinVehicles-Apr15-SideD

Another feature of the Deimos-pattern Rhino chassis is that its four large exhausts are only partially clad with armour plating, if at all. This open design has enabled the vehicle’s exhausts to be styled in the image of tall braziers, really emphasising the Gothic imagery for which the Adepta Sororitas are renowned.

BattleSisterBulletinVehicles-Apr15-Exhau

The level of detail that has been added to each part of the chassis is to give the impression of antiquity – that this is an ancient vehicle upon which many generations of artificers have added embellishments, gilded filigree and holy ornamentation. The side corner of the vehicle features a small shrine ensconced within a peaked arch – a clear sign of the reverential manner with which it has been fashioned by the artisans of the Ecclesiarchy.

BattleSisterBulletinVehicles-Apr15-FontP

Gothic arches are a fundamental Imperial image with which the Adepta Sororitas have always had a strong association. The rear door of the vehicle exemplifies this principle, with two smaller arches set within a larger design in the manner of an ornate stained glass window.

BattleSisterBulletinVehicles-Apr15-RearD

Of course, there is one vehicle available to the Adepta Sororitas that doesn’t utilise a Rhino chassis, due to it being more akin to a mechanised warsuit – the Penitent Engine. We’ll bring you more on this horrific war machine soon but, for now, here’s a sneak preview of a head belonging to an unfortunate soul condemned to seek bloody redemption in battle by ‘piloting’ a Penitent Engine.

BattleSisterBulletinVehicles-Apr15-Head9

That’s it for this week. We’ll be back in a fortnight for another look at what lies in store for the Adepta Sororitas. Until then, let us know your favourite vehicle in the armoury of the Adepta Sororitas on our Warhammer 40,000 Facebook page.

• CaptainFrederickson likes this

Sarges

Sarges

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 123 posts

Plastic Deimos Pattern Rhinos.
It means they have basic model without iconography at least in CAD.
Oh boy, my body is ready.

• Marshal Loss, ThatOneMarshal, Sir_Gaea and 2 others like this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,488 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Oh wow I can't wait to see the full Deimos pattern Rhino and a new Penitent engine is awesome news too!

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,604 posts
Ooh this is great!

It’s good they are giving sisters their own rhino kit with sisters decoration, rather than just having them use the space marine one as before.

It’s excellent that they now have the base model to use as a plastic Deimos rhino for 30k by removing the sisters specific decoration :D

I know some people who never want to see another rhino chassis vehicle release ever again who will be disappointed though :lol:
  • FlamingDeth, zarkkarn and CaptainFrederickson like this

Sarges

Sarges

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 123 posts

Here are some mock-ups from Russian local community.
axwPSio.jpg
dPCMAYc.jpg

• Doghouse, ElDuderino, Brother Handro and 2 others like this

No Foes Remain

No Foes Remain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,845 posts
  • Faction: See signature plan

This bit. I like this bit. Also means that they could do the other Deimos vehicles (Predators, Whirlwinds, Vindicators).

• Master Commander Ajax and matcap86 like this

Formerly known as Cpt Ventris                                                               Legions/Chapters/Armies/Forces/Whatever:

30k: 10th Expeditionary Fleet 'Legion of Terra' - 18 Legiones Astartes detachments from all active Legions;

Geno One-Four-One Akkad 'Black Scorpions'; Dominion of Thedas 3rd Spartii Imperialis Auxilia Regiment; House Cousland; 901st Solar Auxiliary Cohort

40k: SM: Astral Claws 3rd company; Sol Wardens; Steel Wolves [Brotherhood of the Steel-Eyed-Wolf of the Ordu of Jaghatai]; Dorn's Sentinels

BA Successor: Crimson Saints

DA Successor: Void Angels

Astra Militarum/Imperial Guard: 83rd Tyrant's Legion;

Knight House: House Cousland

Renegade Astartes: Void Knights

True-Scale: The Legion of Blackshields

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,404 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Dauntless Spirit

This bit. I like this bit. Also means that they could do the other Deimos vehicles (Predators, Whirlwinds, Vindicators).

=][= Whilst that is an excellent possibility, let's remember the subject is about Sisters and nothing else. =][=

Once, a Novice Cantus came to me, troubled and uncertain. A slip of a girl, only a few strides down the eternal path leading her to the Golden Throne. She asked me a question. She asked me how we can ever truly understand what faith is. I told her that there is no coin to measure what we feel in our hearts. There are no scales upon which we might weigh the faith of one woman against another. There is only duty and blood. There are only deeds and words. There is only the service to the God-Emperor, and the price that demands from each Sister can only be known by Him. But know that whatever fears must be faced, whatever hardships endured, that price is forever worth its full cost.
- Sister Katherine Elysius,
Daughter of the Emperor (later Imperial Saint Katherine)

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,838 posts

Wish they'd show something beyond 3d renders. Fine 3d renders though they may be.

Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012B.gifgallery_29004_6198_5690.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gifBT_Crusade_Expansion_VIII.gif

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,395 posts

I'm loving everything they're showing for the Sisters so far. I think they're going to be my retreat from the direction some of the other Imperial stuff is going in. The end of this year is going to be so damn good.

BattleSisterBulletinVehicles-Apr15-Class

This picture confuses me. Why are the tops of the exhausts not snapped off?

• binary, evilhomer, RolandTHTG and 5 others like this

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,384 posts
I mean at least it's missing the railing that goes around the edge, so that's something, right?
  • binary, Magos Takatus, evilhomer and 2 others like this

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)