Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Battle Sisters rumors compendium: new models sighted (p.12)!

• Please log in to reply
425 replies to this topic

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,395 posts

I feel like it's not an accurate representation. It should have half the side railing and the remains of the top hatch handles to be a genuine 2nd ed Rhino chassis.

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,280 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force
The community survey T&Cs imply that the Sisters of Battle squad will be £35.

This year, as a show of thanks for your feedback, one lucky participant will win* a plastic Sisters of Battle army once they’re ready for release! 10 more will win themselves a squad of the new plastic Battle Sisters.

12) The prizes will be an army of new Adepta Sororitas plastic miniatures. The prizes would include a grand prize worth £250 and 10 prizes worth £35 (grand prize ca. AUD 468 and 10 prizes at AUD 65). The prize value of the 11 prizes are: GBP £600 (ca. AUD 1127) and they will be dispatched to the customer at the time of their worldwide release later this year. The currency and exact value of each prize will vary depending on the countries of residence of the winners.

• Doctor Perils, Brother Handro, sfPanzer and 2 others like this

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 632 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
The rear door of the rhino feels kind of heretical.
Ever time they lower the ramp to exit the vehicle the statues of sisters on it will face plant into the mud of the battlefield.

I suppose you could argue this shows humility. Still feels like heresy

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 822 posts
This sisters release is looking better by the day. Love the decision to go for the deimos pattern rhino.

Plasmablasts

Plasmablasts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 828 posts
Is the Immolator depicted the old one?

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,280 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

Is the Immolator depicted the old one?

Yeah.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,488 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Ever time they lower the ramp to exit the vehicle the statues of sisters on it will face plant into the mud of the battlefield.

No no no. They imprint their holy faces on the ground of the battlefield spreading faith and the emperors presence to everyone walking there. ;)

• Magos Takatus and Gederas like this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,764 posts

Going back to thew Deimos chassis is an unexpected touch. I like the decision a great deal. It also looks like the Penitent Engine guy is having a really bad day.

Edited by Magos Takatus, 15 April 2019 - 08:33 PM.

• zarkkarn likes this

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! :)

My Adeptus Mechanicus Plog: http://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Plog: http://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 871 posts

I prefer the Mars-pattern in general, but diverging the two Rhino lines seems like a good way to differentiate Sisters from Marines without actually going so far as to give them a whole new line of vehicles.

• Felix Antipodes likes this

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,384 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order, Deathskulls

Going back to thew Deimos chassis is an unexpected touch. I like the decision a great deal. It also looks like the Penitent Engine guy is having a really bad day.

I'm pretty sure that any day you're in a penitent engine is a bad day.
  • ERJAK likes this
Formerly known as CardinalVirtue

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,604 posts
Bad day for you, worse day for the enemies of the emperor :lol:

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,179 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus

Looks fantastic.

I really hope GW takes the opportunity to use the Deimos template to make new Rhinos/Predators (etc) for CSM in particular.

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A (perpetually inactive) blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company

Tylydox

Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 682 posts

So do the doors of other Legions which use Rhinos.

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

I'm loving everything they're showing for the Sisters so far. I think they're going to be my retreat from the direction some of the other Imperial stuff is going in. The end of this year is going to be so damn good.

BattleSisterBulletinVehicles-Apr15-Class

This picture confuses me. Why are the tops of the exhausts not snapped off?

because that is an incredibly old Rhino kit from many years ago when that's just how they all looked.

• Harleqvin likes this

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 677 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle/Red Templars

I have one of those Immolators. I always liked the sections of track on the front plate: it reminds me of a lot of the photos of tanks from WWII.

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

mel_danes

mel_danes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 149 posts

I'm loving everything they're showing for the Sisters so far. I think they're going to be my retreat from the direction some of the other Imperial stuff is going in. The end of this year is going to be so damn good.

This picture confuses me. Why are the tops of the exhausts not snapped off?

because that is an incredibly old Rhino kit from many years ago when that's just how they all looked.

I think you are missing the Joke/sarcasm here.
Those old Rhinos almost always had the pipes snapped off the exhaust, they were/are notorious for it.

• Halandaar, Slothysaur, sfPanzer and 1 other like this

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 533 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans
Even if you don’t get the option to build a plastic, standard Deimos Rhino I’ll probably end up converting one into a Chaplain command tank.

...and then build another ten for the inevitable Sister’s army I’m going to end up doing.

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Aramis K

Aramis K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 521 posts
  • Faction: Ω XX Ω
The door pics show decoration around the door itself and on the hull. That suggests it'll be a SoB specific kit and not a general Deimos hull for other uses. I'm sure we can scrape it clean, but I doubt it's a new line.
  • Master Commander Ajax likes this
I'm on Instagram as Aramis_esq

Mentor Legion, Deathwatch, and bastard geneseed log
"Officially, they were designated the Unnumbered Sons of the Primarchs, but they called themselves the Greyshields. They were the new sons of old science, and they had no fraternity but their own."

My Heresy Alpha Legion log - XX in progress

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,261 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

The door pics show decoration around the door itself and on the hull. That suggests it'll be a SoB specific kit and not a general Deimos hull for other uses. I'm sure we can scrape it clean, but I doubt it's a new line.

I think the point people are making is more that the general design work done for these vehicles can easily be repurposed later on thanks to the wonders of CAD

gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_30096.jpg

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,573 posts

I don't think anyone's saying the model is generic with SoB bits on top, but rather that with this SoB-specific model done, they already have the base for a generic Deimos pattern Rhino in CAD and it'd be easy for them to make more for non-SoB armies.

• Aramis K likes this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,488 posts

I guess that depends on how they did the CAD. If they were smart they made a blank version and only added the details. If they have it planned to be a SoB exclusive thing then it's very much possible that a blank version doesn't exist and would require to be done from scratch if they ever decide to sell blank deimos pattern rhinos.

In short, I wouldn't hold my breath (well, I personally wouldn't anyway as I'm not a super huge fan of the deimos pattern). ^^

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

El_Dicko

El_Dicko

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 355 posts
  • Faction: Chaos Space Marines and Demons
This is excellent news for Word Bearers players!
  • Beams likes this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,639 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
I don’t care what pattern of rhino they make as long as if fits together without gaps :D
  • Felix Antipodes, Master Commander Ajax, FlamingDeth and 5 others like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 822 posts
I've got to wonder if there will be multiple release waves. There have got to be at least seven boxes based on what we know and more if we assume repentia and archo flagellants make the cut. Seems an awful lot of kits for a standard army release.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,488 posts

I've got to wonder if there will be multiple release waves. There have got to be at least seven boxes based on what we know and more if we assume repentia and archo flagellants make the cut. Seems an awful lot of kits for a standard army release.

Chaos Space Marines alone just got 8 boxes (9 with the terrain piece) and while it was/is a staggered release it wasn't exactly multiple release waves.

Disclaimer:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users