Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Battle Sisters rumors compendium

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

Tylydox

Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 613 posts

This is from the AdeptiCon post on GW website:
"Last time we ran the Big Community Survey, loads of you asked for plastic Sisters of Battle – so this year, we’re giving you some! A selection of lucky fans who participate in this year’s Big Community Survey will win some fabulous prizes. 10 entrants will receive a squad of Battle Sisters, while one lucky winner will be receiving a whole Adepta Sororitas army – yes, the new ones! So, if having the chance to fundamentally shape the future of Warhammer forever isn’t enough, you might even get some free stuff while you’re at it."

Adepticon-Reveals.jpg

so it's time to start assembling the Sisters of Battle rumors in one thread.

Battle Sister Bulletin: Part 1 – Adepta Sororitas Iconography

Battle Sister Bulletin: Part 2 – Beta Rules Feedback

Battle Sister Bulletin 3: Adding Character

[url=https://www.warhamme...him-first-look/]Battle Sister Bulletin 4: Seraphim First Look[/url]

[url=https://www.warhamme...ehicle-details/]Battle Sister Bulletin – Part 5: Vehicle Details[/url]

Edited by Tylydox, 15 April 2019 - 03:14 PM.
The "post" BBCode only works for internal linking, so I tidied the links up.

• Red_Shift likes this

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 657 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

Or you could come and join us in the Sisters Sub forum!

We dont bite.... (might turn the occassional heritic into a bonfire though... msn-wink.gif )

http://www.bolterand...pdate-from-whc/

• Montford, Black Orange, NTaW and 2 others like this

grailkeeper

grailkeeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 409 posts
  • Faction: Vylka Fenrika

i4wtiwdo76j11.jpg

Their heads were revealed some time ago. I'm getting a grim dark Dora the Explorer vibe of the bottom right hand side one. Grimdora.

• Brother Yroc, Sete and MegaVolt87 like this

Tylydox

Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 613 posts

I am getting a Kurt Russell vibe from the top row, second from the left.

• Azekai and PaladinStormlord like this

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

Triszin

Triszin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,229 posts

i4wtiwdo76j11.jpg

Their heads were revealed some time ago. I'm getting a grim dark Dora the Explorer vibe of the bottom right hand side one. Grimdora.

HERETIC, NO HERETIC!

*glorious cleansing fire proceeds*

banana

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,816 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

love the top left one.

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 766 posts
IIRC there were also some more scarred/veteran heads shown? That particular batch are ok but I like the look from the Karl Kopinski artwork where in some pieces the sisters look serene and almost angelic and in others covered in scars and generally badass. I'm thinking there will have to be a fair few options either way as sisters are one of the few factions that tend to always be helmetless.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,654 posts

10/10 Pious expressions. Would die with on Armageddon

• Battybattybats likes this

Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012B.gifgallery_29004_6198_5690.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gifBT_Crusade_Expansion_VIII.gif

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 660 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle/Red Templars

I like the one wearing the helmet but with the visor up. 

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,731 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos and Wolves
Yes these look pleasing. Think Ill be moving on to Sisters when they drop, they have been calling to me these past few months...

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!!'' - Dennis the Peasant, England. 932 A.D.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,118 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Really hope they include enough helmets for everyone to be covered
  • pandion40 likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Plasmablasts

Plasmablasts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 785 posts
I like the cowled head. Can never have too many cowls.

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,228 posts

Seeing all this makes me want to put some serious work into a Chaos army.

• MegaVolt87 likes this

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,016 posts
Love it.
Will buy a squad for sure.

Edited by Sete, 30 March 2019 - 01:31 PM.

Triszin

Triszin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,229 posts
I think my favorite heads are top middle, and top end right.

banana

PaladinStormlord

PaladinStormlord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17 posts

I am liking the one with the eye patch and the one with the rebreather, would work well for jump pack units.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,654 posts

Love it.
Will buy a squad for sure.

Buy one, then paint em up as the argent shroud. Wish we had refreshed Grimaldus to go wtih them.

• Marshal Rohr and Sete like this

Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012B.gifgallery_29004_6198_5690.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gifBT_Crusade_Expansion_VIII.gif

Hathor42

Hathor42

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts

Someone on Dakka got shown a bunch of pictures of either models or screen shots but they got taken down. I don't know if this is a april fools joke cause it's still the 31st over here.

* GW understands this is new territory, Witch Hunters was a long time ago and Codex SoB even longer, some store managers weren't even born then. So there's no recent sales history to guide orders and they want to stress this will be a huge launch, and retailers should order expecting Primaris level numbers.

* The initial wave will include a plastic Immolator, a plastic/resin Exorcist, plastic Frateris Militia (with both a female and male sets), Sister Cestine and two bodyguards, a painting guide, a BL omnibus of SoB novels and a codex.

* There will also be SoB-branded Rhinos, Predators and Demolishers as well as a special DoB drop pod set to make the Ordo Hereticus strikeforce detachment 

* SoB decal sheets will be available

* Sorry decals are mail order only.

* Also look for a Kill Team SoB box with St Celestine and a ruined temple.

* The Militia will be really grimdark, covered in robes, candles and weapons that look like homemade parodies of weapons carried by the Emperor's servants.

* New special character St O'Lander (sp?), keeps with the theme of death and rebirth but she's more of a ghost to Cestine's angel look. White robes and hood, great flying effect. 

* She'll be able to summon some sort of spirits or ghosts who suck psychic energy. Really good flying effect but also easy build, comes in turquoise plastic.

* Another saint (!!) Arabelle (sp?) some sort of spirit of life,angel wings but nature looking with a fleurs de lis spear and halo mounted a giant xenos beast.

* There was some trouble on the line here when someone asked about the plastic sisters kit, kind of vague answers, nothing specific, couldn't get a price point or how many kits. Lots of cross talk, all I caught was something about sleeves and veils.

* New sisters unit, heavier armor, shields, CC weapons, reportedly taller than most Sisters, some kind of primaris maybe? not sure. Heard the word Eternals used for them.

* There will be ton of Sisters-appropriate terrain including a line of fortifications that captures the sisters' obsession with self-sacrifice where the bodies of the slain are literally part of the walls.

* The classic metal line will get one last splash launch with a 2 weeks made to order. There was some commotion on the line when someone asked if retailers can carry the MTO stuff lots of back and forth, stories not happy if they can't get a cut of this, GW rep said they'd consider it.

* A lot of excitement about a Sisters flier, some sort of ground support plane like an A10.

* Never mind, it's Forge World only.

* Hard at work finalizing the codex, based on playtesting and feedback the acts of faith are being rewritten "from the ground up". Someone asked about affecting ship dates. GW got a big laugh when they said "have faith", kind of had to be there.

So lots of excitement and enthusiasm from Nottingham, but some skepticism from the retail end. Strange they didn't have a shot of the Sisters kit to show.

Commander Dawnstar

Commander Dawnstar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 951 posts
  • Faction: Sacred Rose. Iron Warriors.

Yeah, that's absolutely an April Fools thing.

Among other gems we have nods such as:

Some thought's gone into this but it's not exactly subtle.

Edited by Commander Dawnstar, 01 April 2019 - 03:39 AM.

• Reinhard and sfPanzer like this

Formerly Brightstar; now with 100% more open Xenos sympathies. Also heresy.

ETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_04_.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Chaos.jpLDfI8jD.png

CaptainMarsh

CaptainMarsh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 699 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Vigilant Heart

Yeah that isn't very subtle or convincing. I was pressing X to Doubt really hard even before I saw those links. xd Almost every single line has something silly.

Pieces of paper for impassable terrain? My main problem with all of this is it really takes away from the game. A giant sheet of white paper on the table sort of breaks the theme of tiny fake armies running around tiny fake locales.

Real men play Adepta Sororitas!

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 142 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

1st bottom left head is like the look your grandma gives you when she sees you eat too many of her cookies before dinner. teehee.gif

• CaptainMarsh likes this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,386 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Dauntless Spirit

Yeah, that's absolutely an April Fools thing.

Among other gems we have nods such as:

Some thought's gone into this but it's not exactly subtle.

Also the nod to the Avenger strike fighter. Rumour rating 5/10 flamers :lol:

Once, a Novice Cantus came to me, troubled and uncertain. A slip of a girl, only a few strides down the eternal path leading her to the Golden Throne. She asked me a question. She asked me how we can ever truly understand what faith is. I told her that there is no coin to measure what we feel in our hearts. There are no scales upon which we might weigh the faith of one woman against another. There is only duty and blood. There are only deeds and words. There is only the service to the God-Emperor, and the price that demands from each Sister can only be known by Him. But know that whatever fears must be faced, whatever hardships endured, that price is forever worth its full cost.
- Sister Katherine Elysius,
Daughter of the Emperor (later Imperial Saint Katherine)

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,621 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

Legit news this time, about seraphim: https://www.warhamme...him-first-look/

BattleSisterBulletinSeraphim-Apr1-Render

Edited by Slips, 01 April 2019 - 01:22 PM.

• Montford, Excessus, Doctor Perils and 1 other like this

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,759 posts

Yup. That's a Seraphim alright!

I like the gauntlets. But as they point out it's hard to get too excited when they basically look like the Geminae.

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,511 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

I kept waiting for an april fools joke about them not needing flying stands anymore but couldn't see one.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Aramis K