Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Battle Sisters rumors compendium

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 657 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé
I think they’ll keep the plasma pistol, the combi plasma I can see being removed

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 766 posts
It would be nice if sisters got choom. I mean it cooks what it hits so it fits with the trinity
  • Doctor Perils likes this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,302 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

A trinity is a trinity because it's only three though, otherwise it would be a quaternity.

• Halandaar likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

ERJAK

ERJAK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 681 posts

Celestians could have weapon options like the condemnor boltgun but I reckon most kits will be single options. Battle sister squads I think will be ten models with one or two heavy options and retributors a separate kit with lots of options.

I'm pretty sure gw confirmed that there would be at least one surprise new unit.

They shouldn't actually do that as is. SoB can take 3 special weapons per 5 girl squad. Putting 1 of each option wouldn't even let you fully equip a one 5 girl squad, let alone 2. And that's not even getting into dominions having up to 5 special weapons in a 5 girl squad.
SoB can take 2 special weapons or 1 special and 1 heavy - the superior can take one of three combiweapons or a storm Bolter, so the only special weapon you can have three of is the stormbolter.

So you'd have to have those in there as well, unless they get rid of combi?

Basic squad box might look like this if it matches all weaoons:
1 Combi plas
1 Combi melta
1 Combi flamer
1-3 stormbolters
1+ melta
1+ flamer
1+ heavy flamer
1+ multimelta
1+ heavy bolter
5/10 Bolters
5/10 bolt pistols/holstered bolt pistols (all sisters have them...)
1 inferno pistol
1 plasma pistol
1 condemnor
1 powerswords
1 Chainsword
1 power maul

I filly expect at least the plasma to be dropped, and maybe more. Like, no hevay weapons unless you mix in Retributors. Most bolt pistols to be sculpted on, with 1-3 of them in hands.
I think that's a lot to expectbased on GWs track record, i think you will get 2 heavy weapons, probably HB/HF and then 1 each of the holy trinity(flamer, storm, melta).

With Doms and Retirbutors sold seperately with better options, this wpuld match up with the new csm kits.

Sisters of battle will (most of the time, MSU is usually better) need DOUBLE the amount of special weapons on troops and QUADRUPLE the number on dominions that marines do, while still needing the same number of heavy weapons. If they do a BSS kit with 1 of each special, then the Dom kit becomes the battle sister kit. There'd be no point in buying more than maybe 2 BSS boxes ever when the dominion kit covers both them and BSS squads better.

The only way you'd actually be able to make someone buy a kit like this is if it was a dual kit doms/BSS and if they did that it would be cheaper to sculpt your own models out of solid gold than actually build a full dominion squad.

While we have become accustomed to a certain level of price gouging from GW, I do think that the Sisters release will be somewhat more fair than the CSM release on the simple basis that they're not 100% sure just what kind of audience SoB actually have. They can afford to screw over chaos players because they're an established base that will buy the new models regardless and probably have the bits to fill out the options from older kits anyway.

Sisters of battle on the other hand, don't have anywhere near the playerbase that CSM does. They NEED to draw in new players and neither nerfing the troops down to 1 special nor making building out a basic 5 girl squad cost 100 dollars (and leaving 15 near useless spare models) is really conducive to that. ALSO they have to keep in mind that Sisters of Battle players do have pre-existing collections of infantry that they might just...not replace if the cost is too prohibitive.
  • cheesers likes this

Beams

Beams

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,612 posts
  • Faction: Order of Our Martyred Lady
The problem I see, is how they coild fill the sprues without it being too expensive -- we know they are doing a condemnor and all the current special and heavy weapons. If they put one of each in the box, fine, buy two to get a full bss loadout of everything or four boxes and you get a full Dom loadout of everything. And they aren't going to leave out heavy weapons, since we can take them.

So, if they do two of each, and leave out combis, we are still looking at
5 Bolters
1 condemnor
2+ bolt pistols
1 plasma pistol
1 inferno pistol
2 Flamers
2 meltas
2 stormbolters
1 heavy Bolter
1 heavy flamer
1 multimelta
1 Chainsword
1 powerswords
1 power maul

So that's 22 different weapons, probably a couple extra weapon arms. So, I am not expecting that. I'm not even sure if I expect 1 of each -- I could see Retributors getting the heavy weapons, Dom's the special, and the basic kit to just have standard boltgun/bolt pistol sisters and a Superior with her options.

My point is/TL:DR is just:
Don't get your hopes up too high, if you do, it's easy to get disappointed. It's better to keep expectations low, and be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by Beams, 19 April 2019 - 01:44 PM.

• FlamingDeth likes this

phoenix01

phoenix01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 168 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

It would also be nice if Sisters got a unique flyer and a lord (or should that be lady?) of war, but I'm not holding my breath.

Captain Fabian
Album: Ultramarines
26 images
0 comments

8.jpg

Mekhitar

Mekhitar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 412 posts
  • Faction: Ashen Wing, Mercurial Legion
I’m expecting the BSS kit to have bolter options, 1 chaisnword/maul/Power sword, 1 bolt pistol / combi weapon (melta, flamer, condemnor), and then flamer/melta heavy flamer/heavy bolter.

The superior might get an inferno pistol. Maybe.

Dominions maybe 2 of each special.
Rets at least one of each heavy, maybe 2 of the bolters... 2 of each heavy if we are real lucky.

But, we will see!

Edited by Mekhitar, 19 April 2019 - 03:29 PM.

• sfPanzer likes this

Do you hear the people sing?

RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,520 posts

While the execution was bad, in that they didn't give a good sprue, if they can execute it better on the sprue i think you might see the heavy weapons split between regular sisters and Retributiors in a similar manner to CSM/Havoks. 

I.e. Basic squad has (per 5-man sprue) has holy trinity special weapons, 1 each, a heavy bolter, and 1-3 close combat weapons for the superior. 

Then the Retributor squad has 2 each of the Heavy holy trinity, maybe one less heavy bolter to save space, and instructions about moving the models between Retributor squads and Battle sisters squads.  

As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
ETL_Banner_01_Base_Top.jpgETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_03_.jpgETL_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_2012a.jpgETL_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_2013a.jpgETL_Banner_04_Oath_Breaker_2014.jpgETL_Banner_03_Corner_Blank.jpgETL_Banner_03_Corner_Blank.jpgETL_Banner_03_Corner_Blank.jpgETL_Banner_03_Corner_Sword.jpg
Formerly known as TJWyrm

cheesers

cheesers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 45 posts

Celestians could have weapon options like the condemnor boltgun but I reckon most kits will be single options. Battle sister squads I think will be ten models with one or two heavy options and retributors a separate kit with lots of options.

I'm pretty sure gw confirmed that there would be at least one surprise new unit.

They shouldn't actually do that as is. SoB can take 3 special weapons per 5 girl squad. Putting 1 of each option wouldn't even let you fully equip a one 5 girl squad, let alone 2. And that's not even getting into dominions having up to 5 special weapons in a 5 girl squad.
SoB can take 2 special weapons or 1 special and 1 heavy - the superior can take one of three combiweapons or a storm Bolter, so the only special weapon you can have three of is the stormbolter.

So you'd have to have those in there as well, unless they get rid of combi?

Basic squad box might look like this if it matches all weaoons:
1 Combi plas
1 Combi melta
1 Combi flamer
1-3 stormbolters
1+ melta
1+ flamer
1+ heavy flamer
1+ multimelta
1+ heavy bolter
5/10 Bolters
5/10 bolt pistols/holstered bolt pistols (all sisters have them...)
1 inferno pistol
1 plasma pistol
1 condemnor
1 powerswords
1 Chainsword
1 power maul

I filly expect at least the plasma to be dropped, and maybe more. Like, no hevay weapons unless you mix in Retributors. Most bolt pistols to be sculpted on, with 1-3 of them in hands.
I think that's a lot to expectbased on GWs track record, i think you will get 2 heavy weapons, probably HB/HF and then 1 each of the holy trinity(flamer, storm, melta).

With Doms and Retirbutors sold seperately with better options, this wpuld match up with the new csm kits.
Sisters of battle will (most of the time, MSU is usually better) need DOUBLE the amount of special weapons on troops and QUADRUPLE the number on dominions that marines do, while still needing the same number of heavy weapons. If they do a BSS kit with 1 of each special, then the Dom kit becomes the battle sister kit. There'd be no point in buying more than maybe 2 BSS boxes ever when the dominion kit covers both them and BSS squads better.

The only way you'd actually be able to make someone buy a kit like this is if it was a dual kit doms/BSS and if they did that it would be cheaper to sculpt your own models out of solid gold than actually build a full dominion squad.

While we have become accustomed to a certain level of price gouging from GW, I do think that the Sisters release will be somewhat more fair than the CSM release on the simple basis that they're not 100% sure just what kind of audience SoB actually have. They can afford to screw over chaos players because they're an established base that will buy the new models regardless and probably have the bits to fill out the options from older kits anyway.

Sisters of battle on the other hand, don't have anywhere near the playerbase that CSM does. They NEED to draw in new players and neither nerfing the troops down to 1 special nor making building out a basic 5 girl squad cost 100 dollars (and leaving 15 near useless spare models) is really conducive to that. ALSO they have to keep in mind that Sisters of Battle players do have pre-existing collections of infantry that they might just...not replace if the cost is too prohibitive.

I don't disagree with anything you've said, i just don't see GW seeing it that way. GW kits have never matched the meta/the way people make lists. For example various troop choices, of vsrious armies can take two of x weapon for example 2xplas or melta but you get one of each in the box, they usually give enough weapons to kit out squads, but not enough to kit them out how you want. Thats my thinking on BSS just coming with the Holy trinity and one or two heavy weapon options.

Cheesers came back!

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,302 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

I’m expecting the BSS kit to have bolter options, 1 chaisnword/maul/Power sword, 1 bolt pistol / combi weapon (melta, flamer, condemnor), and then flamer/melta heavy flamer/heavy bolter.

The superior might get an inferno pistol. Maybe.

Dominions maybe 2 of each special.
Rets at least one of each heavy, maybe 2 of the bolters... 2 of each heavy if we are real lucky.

But, we will see!

That sounds like reasonable expectations knowing GW.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 333 posts

my question is will the survey's prize army just be one of each new kit, or will it still leave something out(like a expensive big unit, or named characters, especially id said named characters belong to different orders), and possibly including a double of something like the basic sisters squad, and if there are any duel kits, will those be doubled?

ERJAK

ERJAK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 681 posts

The problem I see, is how they coild fill the sprues without it being too expensive -- we know they are doing a condemnor and all the current special and heavy weapons. If they put one of each in the box, fine, buy two to get a full bss loadout of everything or four boxes and you get a full Dom loadout of everything. And they aren't going to leave out heavy weapons, since we can take them.

So, if they do two of each, and leave out combis, we are still looking at
5 Bolters
1 condemnor
2+ bolt pistols
1 plasma pistol
1 inferno pistol
2 Flamers
2 meltas
2 stormbolters
1 heavy Bolter
1 heavy flamer
1 multimelta
1 Chainsword
1 powerswords
1 power maul

So that's 22 different weapons, probably a couple extra weapon arms. So, I am not expecting that. I'm not even sure if I expect 1 of each -- I could see Retributors getting the heavy weapons, Dom's the special, and the basic kit to just have standard boltgun/bolt pistol sisters and a Superior with her options.

My point is/TL:DR is just:
Don't get your hopes up too high, if you do, it's easy to get disappointed. It's better to keep expectations low, and be pleasantly surprised.

My only real hope is that we don't have to buy 12 kits to make 3 dominion squads the way people had to with gunderstock thunderers before their rules got butchered.

I expect heavy weapons to be retributors only, that's fine. And if they do a dominion kit, that'll make a 1 special per box BSS kit...tolerable. The issue comes in if they do a dual dominion/bss kit, at which point...I guess I'll just sculpt my own melta guns?

Another option is that the SoB kit is only 5 models for 50ish USD, but with enough guns to actually make a unit.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Aramis K