Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sisters of Battle reboot: latest info from p.75 onwards

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2080 replies to this topic

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,446 posts

I've got to wonder if there will be multiple release waves. There have got to be at least seven boxes based on what we know and more if we assume repentia and archo flagellants make the cut. Seems an awful lot of kits for a standard army release.

Seven boxes is not that many for an army that is being reborn. The CSM release had more and even then not all the older models were redone. It's likely that all the kits, excluding Celestine, will be replaced, and they might get some new toys too. They don't really have that many different units to begin with, and the similar squads like the basic Battle Sister squad and the Retributor squad might be packed into dual kits.

Edited by DeadFingers, 16 April 2019 - 09:46 PM.

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,799 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

I'm loving everything they're showing for the Sisters so far. I think they're going to be my retreat from the direction some of the other Imperial stuff is going in. The end of this year is going to be so damn good.

This picture confuses me. Why are the tops of the exhausts not snapped off?

because that is an incredibly old Rhino kit from many years ago when that's just how they all looked.
I think you are missing the Joke/sarcasm here.
Those old Rhinos almost always had the pipes snapped off the exhaust, they were/are notorious for it.

yep. I still use two in my chaos army. Cant wait to deploy a unit of ten csms out of one, clown car style! :D
  • lokkorex likes this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,830 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

I've got to wonder if there will be multiple release waves. There have got to be at least seven boxes based on what we know and more if we assume repentia and archo flagellants make the cut. Seems an awful lot of kits for a standard army release.

I imagine we'll see an initial wave that consists of mostly updating what's there. If people end up actually putting their money where their mouth is, I think we'll see a 8th GSC-esq release later on with newer units.

gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

mel_danes

mel_danes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 404 posts

yep. I still use two in my chaos army. Cant wait to deploy a unit of ten csms out of one, clown car style! :D

I've got 2 myself, covered in spikes. I'm looking forward to deploying 10 Berzerkers axes at the ready, and 2 squads of reaper chain guns. ;)

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

Seven boxes is not that many for an army that is being reborn. The CSM release had more and even then not all the older models were redone. It's likely that all the kits, excluding Celestine, will be replaced, and they might get some new toys too. They don't really have that many different units to begin with, and the similar squads like the basic Battle Sister squad and the Retributor squad might be packed into dual kits.

I can see (pure guess work here!!!!) the basic sisters being a box of 8 girls with 1 Simulacrum, 2 of each heavy weapon, 2 of each special weapon and a selection of weapons for the sister superior.

So you have to buy 2 boxs for a full squad of Dominons, Retributors or battle squad...

OR

Retributors will get a new heavy weapon and be a box of 10 on their own, Dominons will get a special weapon of their own and be a box of 10.  Battle sisters will be box of 10 with 1 of each current heavy & special weapons

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

Plasmablasts

Plasmablasts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 934 posts
The T&Cs for the Big Community Survey competition put the cash value of the first prize Sisters army at £250, which suggests about 7-8 items. Assuming that the army is essentially a bundle of the new releases, that might give us an idea of what to expect.

So far we have confirmed :

Battle Sisters (including Dominions, Retributors, Celestians??)
Seraphim
Rhino/Immolator/Exorcist (how many separate kits for these?)
Penitent Engine.

That would leave perhaps 3-4 kits, which probably includes the characters.

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,023 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

Even if every old unit in the Sororitas army gets a plastic kit, won't the army still be quite limited in choices? I mean, no flyers, no dedicated anti-flyer unit, very few non-SoB units (i'd love to see Frateris Militia). Will it be a viable stand-alone army?

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts

I'm hoping that there will be another troops choice... although I wouldnt be supprised if they moved one of the elites in to troops (either Crusaders or DCA would be my choice) as we (the AS Codex) have too many elites as it stands.... (out of 22 data sheets in the beta 10 are elites... oh and 2 are transports)

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

happy.png

Plasmablasts

Plasmablasts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 934 posts

I'm hoping that there will be another troops choice... although I wouldnt be supprised if they moved one of the elites in to troops (either Crusaders or DCA would be my choice) as we (the AS Codex) have too many elites as it stands.... (out of 22 data sheets in the beta 10 are elites... oh and 2 are transports)

I was thinking the same thing, though coming from the Inquisition perspective. I’d personally put DCAs in Fast Attack, with Crusaders as troops: nothing declares “Objective Secured” quite like a shield-wall!
  • Slasher956 likes this

Beams

Beams

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,674 posts
  • Faction: Order of Our Martyred Lady

I was thinking the same thing, though coming from the Inquisition perspective. I’d personally put DCAs in Fast Attack, with Crusaders as troops: nothing declares “Objective Secured” quite like a shield-wall!

Crusaders shouldn't be troops for food reasons. They aren't battle line soldiers, but more of small units for buddy guarding purposes, so they don't break the decree passive

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Yeah Crusaders as Troops don't make much sense. Troops are the most common units you see in that factions army and Crusaders are definitely not such a unit in a SoB army.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts

Ignore the miss leading codex name... its codex Adeptus Ministorum   :P

If need be they can alter the background to fix the numbering issue ... or just ignore it.. like how in a Chaos Space Marine list you can have ZERO Chaos Space Marines in the troops section...

As I said they would be MY choice to move, but you could move Arco's or just reword the Ecclesiarchy battle conclave rule so it says if you have a missionary (HQ Priest) then all battle conclave units count as troops instead of elite!

As for the argument that Crusaders arent battle line soldiers... erm nether are cultists, or Custodes.  And if you have a cathedral city then you would have lots more crusaders.... 

happy.png

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,023 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

GW wouldn't even have to produce new plastic models for Frateris Militia; the plastic House Cawdor models would be perfect, they would only need rules in new Codex.

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,644 posts

id like to see a new troops choice be something like sister initiates so carapace armoured novices. keep crusaders out of there its a SoB book not witchhunters 2.0

• Beams likes this

Plasmablasts

Plasmablasts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 934 posts
I think Cawdor as Frateris Militia would be great, but I’d be worried that they could then eclipse the Battle Sisters as the core troops choice, as 8th edition tends to favour cheap troops (c.f. Tzaangors, Cultists and The Loyal 32): we could end up with the Fanatical 32. Crusaders at least should be in the same price bracket as Sisters, so they could be a more evenly balanced alternative.

However, I suspect that we’re unlikely to see all the non-Sororitas Adeptus Ministorum units appearing in plastic, at least not in this wave. I keep my fingers crossed that they might come in a second wave. It is possible that they could be released as a single “Battle Conclave” box (e.g. 1 Priest and three each of Arcoflagellants, DCAs and Crusaders), though I’d rather see them as dedicated kits.

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,306 posts
I've been wondering if we will get two releases, like skitarii and cult mechanicus. Would space them out a bit. I've also been wondering if we might get some push fits in a battle box first, which would allow some frateris sculpts ala poxwalkers. Whatever happens there is a shelf in my miniatures cabinet with an immolator, an exorcist and an imperial saint that needs to be fleshed out fully, hopefully onto the shelf below it!

ERJAK

ERJAK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,227 posts

Not really. The entire SoB line could be done in 4 kits and a handful of clampacks. 5 if they figure out a way to make arcos and repentia a dual kit. Even at 6 kits that's right around what deathguard got and they didn't need anywhere near as much stuff as SoB do.

You have to keep in mind that this is a fully fledged army that has to be redone from the ground up AND expanded on to be viable in terms of both gameplay (the beta codex was a travesty) AND sales.

Deathguard and marines could have relatively small releases because they didn't need every single unit in their entire army to be redone in addition to the 'well we need something they HAVE to buy' options. Imagine the deathguard release if every unit in the chaos codex had still been metal.

mel_danes

mel_danes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 404 posts
Mechanicus/Skitarri was 6 dual kits, a vehicle and characters? Not quite a full army yet without knights.
Sisters will need as much, and still be light. At this point, everything looks great. I'll be ecstatic with anything near what they've shown.

ERJAK

ERJAK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,227 posts

id like to see a new troops choice be something like sister initiates so carapace armoured novices. keep crusaders out of there its a SoB book not witchhunters 2.0

This comes up a lot and is always a bad idea. 'Novitiate' type units always end up being just superior to the standard troop unless they deliberately load them down with tons of bs limitation like conscripts have. If you want another troop type I would suggest going the infiltrator route and have them be a unit with a specific utility beyond 'cheaper than the other option'.
  • Shinespider, Sir_Gaea and Panzer like this

ERJAK

ERJAK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,227 posts

Mechanicus/Skitarri was 6 dual kits, a vehicle and characters? Not quite a full army yet without knights.
Sisters will need as much, and still be light. At this point, everything looks great. I'll be ecstatic with anything near what they've shown.

One of the interesting things about the way SoB are set up is that the troop and vehicle kits could easily be tri-kits (or more, all SoB infantry use the same models) and the seraphim and penitent engine kits would still have room to be made dual kits. A 6 kit+characters release could potentially included everything SoB have now and 4 additional new units.
  • mel_danes likes this

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,439 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order, Deathskulls
Look at Primaris and Death Guard, they've been moving away from dual kits. I would probably count on each box being its own unit.
  • Panzer likes this
Formerly known as CardinalVirtue

mel_danes

mel_danes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 404 posts

Look at Primaris and Death Guard, they've been moving away from dual kits. I would probably count on each box being its own unit.

I count complete weapon loadouts as dual kits for Primaris.
Inceptors, Aggressors, Reivers, Interssesors and Hellblasters cannot mix and match wargear options.
If Sister's follow this approach we could get a couple squad types out of one box easy. One type of squad bolters, another all flamers etc.

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts

Sisters, If they only stick with the units in the Beta, will most likely get,

Basic Battle Sisters box- BSS, Dominons, Rets,

Seraphim

Repentia + mistress

Celestians

Transport vehicle (rhino /Immolator)

Exorcist 

Saint + bodyguard (re-release)

Arcos

Crusaders

DCA

PEngines

Priest / Missionary Clamshell

Canoness Clamshell

Uriah Jacobus clamshell

Hospitaller clamshell

Dialogus clamshell

So thats 7 Infantry & 3 Vehicle boxes plus a re-release & 5 clamshell/blister packs

edit - forgot the PEngines didnt I!

Edited by Slasher956, 18 April 2019 - 07:18 AM.

happy.png

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I count complete weapon loadouts as dual kits for Primaris.
Inceptors, Aggressors, Reivers, Interssesors and Hellblasters cannot mix and match wargear options.
If Sister's follow this approach we could get a couple squad types out of one box easy. One type of squad bolters, another all flamers etc.

Hellblaster and Intercessors could easily swap gones though. Likewise Infiltrators and Reivers are almost the same models with some different bitz.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts

Hellblaster and Intercessors could easily swap gones though. Likewise Infiltrators and Reivers are almost the same models with some different bitz.

Yeah however, like the new chaos marines & havoc boxes, Sister squads are flexible in terms of weapon loadouts.  As I said in the Sisters forum I can see the basic sisters box being 8 models with 2 each of the 3 special weapons & 2 of the 3 heavy weapons plus 1 Simulcrum... so you need to get 2 boxes to do a full squad of any type :P  (sisters are 5 -15)

happy.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users