Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sisters of Battle reboot: latest info from p.75 onwards

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2080 replies to this topic

Plasmablasts

Plasmablasts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 934 posts
Going by the Survey T&Cs and the recent Chaos release, we’re probably looking at £35 for the Battle Sisters and £250 for the total of the release. Taking £35 as an average for the boxes and £15 for characters, we’re probably going to get six boxes and three characters, give or take one each.

lokkorex

lokkorex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,363 posts
  • Location:The Walls of the Imperial Palace, killing everything.
  • Faction: Iron Warriors.
Lokking forward to see the new Rhino kit, hoping there will be lots of conversion opportunities with that kit!
L_T_Banner_V2.jpgL_T_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpg

"Loyalty is its own reward" Lion El'Johnson, Primarch of the Dark Angels legion.

Harleqvin

Harleqvin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,271 posts
  • Faction: The Order (Dark Angels)
Am I reading this correct? Does the new bulletin mean we are essentially getting plastic Deimos pattern rhinos??!!!!???

ETL_03_Custos_Fidei_Vow_01.jpg Redemption... One heretic at a time. My DA conversions on FB My works on FB My B&C DA Pre/heresy WiP

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

I think what it'll be is the same as the current one 'just' with different front plate, rear door & the outer two side panels being different.  With the panels having the sisters icons moulded into them... 

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

DanPesci

DanPesci

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,222 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Mechanicus

I think what it'll be is the same as the current one 'just' with different front plate, rear door & the outer two side panels being different.  With the panels having the sisters icons moulded into them... 

Yeah if you look at the side/front piece in that article, its not deimos pattern but the more modern one, just with sisters inconography molded in.

From the tone of the article too it seems like it'll be the current one, just with some flavour taken from the old deimos patterns to differentiate them from SM rhinos.

Looks grand so far though!

Posted Image

30Geek - Freelance web development & Digital Design

DVNE - Post-Metal straight out of the eye of terror.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Well I guess it would make sense that the SoB Deimos pattern Rhinos got lost in time as well. It's not like Marines care less for their vehicles and equipment so no reason why SoBs should still have those while Marines don't.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,023 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

Lore question: how do the Sisters take care of their vehicles? Does they have Enginseers attached to their units as well, despite the fact that the Ecclesiarchy and Mechanicus rarely get along? Or is there perhaps an Order of the Greasy Vehicle Pool?

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,281 posts

Either mechanicus Enginseers (like the guard and the navy), or their own order of mechanicus trained engineers (like marines have techmarines and knights have the sacristans).

I don't think its been addressed in the lore before.

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts

they have an agreement with the Mechanicus,  part of the deal where they gave the Mechanicus STC templates and got the exclusive use of the Immolator....

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

happy.png

Beams

Beams

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,674 posts
  • Faction: Order of Our Martyred Lady

Either mechanicus Enginseers (like the guard and the navy), or their own order of mechanicus trained engineers (like marines have techmarines and knights have the sacristans).

I don't think its been addressed in the lore before.

They have the Ordos Pronatus, which maintain relics and artifacts -- which includes tanks and guns.

The Wikia lists these as sources --
White Dwarf 293 (UK), "The Liber Sororitas" by Andy Hoare, pg. 55
Daemonifuge (Graphic Novel) by Kev Walker & Jim Campbell
Legacy (Novel) by Matthew Farrer
  • PeteySödes likes this

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,281 posts

They do relic stuff, i'd imagine not all of their equipment is relics though.

Beams

Beams

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,674 posts

They do relic stuff, i'd imagine not all of their equipment is relics though.

The Exorcist is definitely a holy relic. Lesser vehicles? Maybe maybe not.

Edited by Beams, 18 April 2019 - 02:35 PM.

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts

Only the SMs are a fully independant organisation, everyone else uses the AdMech... this includes the Inquisition, the church etc

happy.png

ERJAK

ERJAK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,227 posts

I think what it'll be is the same as the current one 'just' with different front plate, rear door & the outer two side panels being different. With the panels having the sisters icons moulded into them...

Yeah if you look at the side/front piece in that article, its not deimos pattern but the more modern one, just with sisters inconography molded in.

From the tone of the article too it seems like it'll be the current one, just with some flavour taken from the old deimos patterns to differentiate them from SM rhinos.

Have you seen the FW deimos? The panels look like they'd fit that version pretty perfectly.
  • Harleqvin likes this

ERJAK

ERJAK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,227 posts

Look at Primaris and Death Guard, they've been moving away from dual kits. I would probably count on each box being its own unit.

Then they're going to need damn near a dozen kits BEFORE clampacks to give SoB new units (which they desperately need).

Harleqvin

Harleqvin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,271 posts
  • Faction: The Order (Dark Angels)
It’s essentially the same as FW Deimos at the moment what you said.

That sounds essentially the same as FW Deimos at the moment.
The only difference between the current plastic rhino and the FW Deimos pattern is the sides and the front. Which is exactly like how this sounds it will be...

ETL_03_Custos_Fidei_Vow_01.jpg Redemption... One heretic at a time. My DA conversions on FB My works on FB My B&C DA Pre/heresy WiP

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,306 posts
Celestians could have weapon options like the condemnor boltgun but I reckon most kits will be single options. Battle sister squads I think will be ten models with one or two heavy options and retributors a separate kit with lots of options.

I'm pretty sure gw confirmed that there would be at least one surprise new unit.

TheFinisher4Ever

TheFinisher4Ever

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 532 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights
I highly doubt they will keep BSS, dominions, retributors and celestians as the same kit. This complete line reboot is the perfect opportunity to distinguish each of these units. Each of these units should be given a distinct look, imo, even if they are mostly similar.
  • Bryan Blaire likes this

Ad Mech - 5,000 points

Blood Angels - 12,000 points

Dark Angels - 6,500 points

Deathwatch - 3,000 points

Eldar - 18,500 points

Imperial Fists - 5,000 points

Imperial Guard - 1,000 points

Grey Knights - 6,500 points

Sisters of Battle - 4,000 points

ERJAK

ERJAK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,227 posts

I highly doubt they will keep BSS, dominions, retributors and celestians as the same kit. This complete line reboot is the perfect opportunity to distinguish each of these units. Each of these units should be given a distinct look, imo, even if they are mostly similar.

It depends on how much time/resources/manufacturing space they want to devote to this release. If it's a 3+ week release window with a dozen plus kits we'll probably see Celestians and Rets get full reimagines. If it's a two week window with 6ish kits and clampacks it'll probably just be a quad kit.

ERJAK

ERJAK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,227 posts

Celestians could have weapon options like the condemnor boltgun but I reckon most kits will be single options. Battle sister squads I think will be ten models with one or two heavy options and retributors a separate kit with lots of options.

I'm pretty sure gw confirmed that there would be at least one surprise new unit.

They shouldn't actually do that as is. SoB can take 3 special weapons per 5 girl squad. Putting 1 of each option wouldn't even let you fully equip a one 5 girl squad, let alone 2. And that's not even getting into dominions having up to 5 special weapons in a 5 girl squad.

Beams

Beams

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,674 posts

They shouldn't actually do that as is. SoB can take 3 special weapons per 5 girl squad. Putting 1 of each option wouldn't even let you fully equip a one 5 girl squad, let alone 2. And that's not even getting into dominions having up to 5 special weapons in a 5 girl squad.
SoB can take 2 special weapons or 1 special and 1 heavy - the superior can take one of three combiweapons or a storm Bolter, so the only special weapon you can have three of is the stormbolter.

So you'd have to have those in there as well, unless they get rid of combi?

Basic squad box might look like this if it matches all weaoons:
1 Combi plas
1 Combi melta
1 Combi flamer
1-3 stormbolters
1+ melta
1+ flamer
1+ heavy flamer
1+ multimelta
1+ heavy bolter
5/10 Bolters
5/10 bolt pistols/holstered bolt pistols (all sisters have them...)
1 inferno pistol
1 plasma pistol
1 condemnor
1 powerswords
1 Chainsword
1 power maul

I filly expect at least the plasma to be dropped, and maybe more. Like, no hevay weapons unless you mix in Retributors. Most bolt pistols to be sculpted on, with 1-3 of them in hands.

Edited by Beams, 18 April 2019 - 06:53 PM.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

If we've learned anything from the CSM release then it's that we can't properly guess what GW will do sprue-wise for units with so many loadout options. Just take a look at the Terminator box fiasco lol

• Harleqvin likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

cheesers

cheesers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 45 posts

SoB can take 2 special weapons or 1 special and 1 heavy - the superior can take one of three combiweapons or a storm Bolter, so the only special weapon you can have three of is the stormbolter.

So you'd have to have those in there as well, unless they get rid of combi?

Basic squad box might look like this if it matches all weaoons:
1 Combi plas
1 Combi melta
1 Combi flamer
1-3 stormbolters
1+ melta
1+ flamer
1+ heavy flamer
1+ multimelta
1+ heavy bolter
5/10 Bolters
5/10 bolt pistols/holstered bolt pistols (all sisters have them...)
1 inferno pistol
1 plasma pistol
1 condemnor
1 powerswords
1 Chainsword
1 power maul

I filly expect at least the plasma to be dropped, and maybe more. Like, no hevay weapons unless you mix in Retributors. Most bolt pistols to be sculpted on, with 1-3 of them in hands.
I think that's a lot to expectbased on GWs track record, i think you will get 2 heavy weapons, probably HB/HF and then 1 each of the holy trinity(flamer, storm, melta).

With Doms and Retirbutors sold seperately with better options, this wpuld match up with the new csm kits.

Edited by cheesers, 18 April 2019 - 07:40 PM.

Cheesers came back!

Plasmablasts

Plasmablasts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 934 posts
Combi-weapons are often cast now as a single bolter with a niche for the separate special weapon components to be attached to, so that saves a little space. If they place the special on top of the bolter, they could potentially make the condemnor as another variant. As Beams suggests, they might leave plasma out (keeping to the holy trinity), saving a little more space.

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts
I think they’ll keep the plasma pistol, the combi plasma I can see being removed

happy.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users