Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sisters of Battle reboot: latest info from p.75 onwards

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2080 replies to this topic

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,365 posts

It's gonna be a long long time before I can take any sister complaining seriously again. They were at the top of the list "Yes these players have genuine grievances" for a long time, it's true. But now they're at the very bottom.

• Juggernut, Antarius, Evil Eye and 3 others like this

RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,712 posts
I'll be honest, I think the reason it seems so bitter is that the happy collectors have stopped commenting, especially in this topic.
  • Subtleknife likes this

As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
gallery_29004_6198_5619.pngUUPlRKI.pnggallery_48988_15465_7428.pnggallery_48988_15465_9161.png

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,251 posts
True that, might be an idea for a mod to lock it down for a while.
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard
Keep in mind a lot of dedicated Sister fans didn't successfully get Army Boxes. Like it or not, that's going to leave a fair bit of lingering frustration until the full release is here which is probably when a lot of the grumbling will start to fade off once hype kicks back in.

Anyway going back to the units - or lack thereof- discussion. I think one only has to look at Genestealer Cults to see that an army with a very limited roster may well get another release in a couple of years to truly flesh out the faction. Considering they're A ) An Imperial army and B ) the Army Box sold out so quickly I think we'll see an expansion to their range sooner rather than later (albeit still at least a year or two).

Since Ecclesiarchy units haven't been totally scrubbed from the book like some of us expected, it's a good sign we might see something like Frateris Militia pop up in the future.

Edited by Lord Marshal, 23 November 2019 - 02:36 PM.

gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,327 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor
The problem with fraternis militia is they were just Chaos cultists but imperial, after all the fun with conscripts I doubt gw are looking forward to that fun again :D

Crusaders make a lot of sense, so do JoRepentia tbh though that might also be deeply imbalanced :D

New units wise I'm not sure Recon units work for Sisters, though now I've gotten myself excited by bikes and centurions :D

PJ1933

PJ1933

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,166 posts

Been seeing several dissapointed people who are having orders cancelled. Seems most of them placed multiple orders and GW is strictly enforcing the "one per customer" limit.

That should help nuke the scalper market a bit I think.

I've heard that GW are looking hard at SoB orders and removing those they find with multiple accounts or the same delivery address with multi orders, along with some chat that they may have contacted Ebay because you are officially not allowed to sell product you don't have to hand. Hopefully some out of pocket scalpers will be the result. 

On a brighter note GW stores in the UK are getting more stock than expected partly because of this, my local was expecting one or two at most and are getting six.

• Dosjetka and Fulkes like this

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé
On the happyness front I might come across a bit bitter....that’s because I don’t understand the correlation between the beta dex and release dex in some areas...

As a release I am happy - just think that GW could have made another generic sister HQ at least, along with a mobility one* and a 2nd troop choice. Apart from that my gripes come from the beta to release transition

*a relic would have filled this!...wings of faith relic, then people could use the current saint, the old metal saint, a convention with a jump pack or just a bog standard canoness...
  • Noserenda and Jack Burton like this

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos
The beta codex had the mosy playtesting of any codex GW has made and was bound to end up with some major changes because of that feedback.

Who knows what the future will bring, but for now we'll have to rely on things outside of trying to run smash Canoness units.

Edited by Fulkes, 23 November 2019 - 05:49 PM.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 929 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle/Red Templars

I'm surprised at the negativity and criticism here. I would have thought seeing this army rebuilt in plastic would have been something positive, even cheerful for the community. But that's not what's being shared. That's not the sense I'm getting from these discussions.

I'm saddened to see so many people disappointed with what I find to be a freaking miracle. This is a massive relaunch, probably the biggest and fastest I've ever seen something like this happen from GW, but it's being drowned out by the negativity. Such a pity.

I have been a primary Sisters player since 2003 and I am overjoyed at this Codex. :)

I regret that there are people in this world who, it seems, if handed one million dollars, the first thing they would say would be a complaint about how much of it they will have to pay in taxes. : D

Personally I have been poring over such rules which I have been able to acquire and, having managed a good batting average even with the beta codex, I am highly motivated for my future games even against  Marines with their metric crap-ton of buffs and abilities. I will stick with running my Sacred Rose Sisters as I see no need to change- all six of the Orders are decent, I see no weak ones at all. That, in and of itself, is really cool. yes.gif

• Noserenda, Dosjetka, Brother Desultor and 2 others like this

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,823 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I've been watching Tabletop Tactics' battle report featuring he new Codex, and the army looks like it will perform well, and be a lot of fun to play.
One thing that did cross my mind is that there is a cheeky opportunity for a bits manufacturer to make a hull mounted Heavy Bolter component to add to existing Sororitas tanks. (It seems to be an easy thing to forget about)

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Nomus Sardauk

Nomus Sardauk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,251 posts
  • Faction: The Steel Legion
Loving all these fabulous new Sister models, that Imagifer is especially gorgeous, although I really hope the kit for Celestians make them look more distinct than just "battle-sister with a bit of extra bling", I'd prefer their silhouette to be immediately different and recognisable from ordinary sisters.

Also, is anyone else surprised GW hasn't made some sort of unit for the Sisters named Iron Maidens? I'm imagining some sort of heavy shock infantry in Centurion-like exoskeletons (only not terrible and ugly as sin), maybe bearing flaming torch-maces & shields. I'd buy that...
  • Montford, Doctor Perils and Loquille like this

tn_gallery_4536_13905_53919.pngFbm7BxJ.jpg6ACBl6j.jpg
Formerly SanguiniusReborn, proud Creator of the Scarlet Sentinels, my 18th Century British Redcoat Chapter and the Steel Legion, my Cyberpunk-inspired Lost Legion!

Spacecow

Spacecow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 244 posts
I’m a big fan of the new models! They look amazing. I can understand that it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. But I personally love the details and embellishments.

The exorcist is the best tank I’ve ever seen!
  • Fulkes likes this
gallery_48988_15465_9161.png

Hellebras

Hellebras

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 193 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists, Word Bearers

Also, is anyone else surprised GW hasn't made some sort of unit for the Sisters named Iron Maidens? I'm imagining some sort of heavy shock infantry in Centurion-like exoskeletons (only not terrible and ugly as sin), maybe bearing flaming torch-maces & shields. I'd buy that...

That sounds like a unit that'd make an opponent run to the hills.

• Ranulf, Chaplain Mollusc, PJ1933 and 4 others like this

sml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pnggallery_45765_12908_1745.pnggallery_45765_12339_1383.pnggallery_45765_12339_6416.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,701 posts
Just checked in with my FLGS, they have 17 copies of the box on their reserve list out of the 30 they ordered. GW still hasn’t told them how many they are getting. Nearest GW has posted they are getting 8, another one in the region 5.

Edited by wildweasel, 23 November 2019 - 09:08 PM.

Walter Payton

Walter Payton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,362 posts
  • Faction: Da Bears

I got into this hobby in about 2005.  In that time, I remember older players at my FLGS complaining that everything was better in the glory days of the 1990s.  In ten years time, people will be looking back on Gathering Storm as "classic GW lore" and decrying whatever we have then as new rubbish for the school kiddies.

I don't demand that people be overjoyed by everything GW does, but it does often feel to me like a lot of the grumbling is a kind of performative ritual.  A lot of 40k fans are like a woman with a Virginia ham under each arm crying because she has no bread.

• Fulkes, Shinespider, matcap86 and 1 other like this

"Never die easy."

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 929 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle/Red Templars

Just got back from my FLGS and they verified they will have a copy of the box for me to pick up on the day of release. 

Also I apparently have a dyed-in-the-wool reputation as a steadfast Sisters player: I asked to have appropriate music playing when they hand me the box and she said she will play the Civilization VI theme music over the store sound system. msn-wink.gif

• wildweasel, Fulkes, Doctor Perils and 3 others like this

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos

Just checked in with my FLGS, they have 17 copies of the box on their reserve list out of the 30 they ordered. GW still hasn’t told them how many they are getting. Nearest GW has posted they are getting 8, another one in the region 5.

GW might still be trying to figure out how many they actually have.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

tvih

tvih

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,319 posts
  • Faction: CF/BT/Orks/SoB/IG

I'm surprised at the negativity and criticism here. I would have thought seeing this army rebuilt in plastic would have been something positive, even cheerful for the community. But that's not what's being shared. That's not the sense I'm getting from these discussions.

I'm saddened to see so many people disappointed with what I find to be a freaking miracle. This is a massive relaunch, probably the biggest and fastest I've ever seen something like this happen from GW, but it's being drowned out by the negativity. Such a pity.

Kinda, but in the end, the rules and model aspects are quite separate things. I've said before, model-wise this launch makes the Sisters the best-looking 40k army by far for me. Rules-wise? Well, I have my doubts and disappointments. I reckon it'll make them a solid army but not a truly competitive one. Not that I'd want a broken-good dex either. Also there's the thing which got this thread locked before a couple of times so best not dwell on that, but it did sour many people a bit (me included, and even if I'm likely getting a set after all it doesn't really change my opinion) tongue.png

Overall I'm certainly far more positive than not on this release due to the models though, even if it might seem to the contrary. It's just somehow more on point to discuss potential problems and what to do about them rather than repeating how good the models are as if that'd fix other things. Of course some people are such that nothing pleases them, but what can ya do?

I'm certainly eagerly waiting to get to building the new models even if I'm in a paint scheme crisis. I've had Sisters for something like 6½ years which isn't long compared to some and I haven't played more than a few match with them - and those spread across three editions - due to not getting them painted timely since hate working on metal minis but with this release I feel I can finally "fully" get into them.

• Jack Burton likes this

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,922 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

Loving all these fabulous new Sister models, that Imagifer is especially gorgeous, although I really hope the kit for Celestians make them look more distinct than just "battle-sister with a bit of extra bling", I'd prefer their silhouette to be immediately different and recognisable from ordinary sisters.

Unfortunately you’re going to be disappointed, as the Celestians are made from the Sisters box and just look like they have a Fleur-de-lis on their helmet, 

jimbo1701

jimbo1701

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,134 posts
To be fair, given the scale of what faced gw in revamping this entire range I think we got more than enough. When dark eldar and necrons got revamps in 5th, this was the era of release a book with all the units in and the models follow later. There isn’t really a direct comparator to this since. Primaris / death guard were effectively starting from scratch, genecults and custodes were new armies released in waves.

This release has taken the entire sisters range and updated it in one fell swoop. Don’t expect to see any additional units that aren’t in the limited book. It remains to see if we will get any updated plastics for the ministorum units in the eventual release but I wouldn’t bet on it at this stage. We’ve got the predictable token multi builds in the unique units (zephyrim, mortifiers) but that’s all we can expect for now.

In 3 years when sisters get their next book you can bet on a few new units then but I for one am more than content with this release til then.
  • Antarius likes this

Check out my  blog for all things space marine: http://indexastartes.blogspot.com/

And my other blog for all other things 40K: http://codex-imperia...blogspot.co.uk/

Plasmablasts

Plasmablasts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 934 posts
We have seen new units released that are not immediately accompanied by Codex updates (like the Skitarii transport), so it’s not impossible that we could see new things before a new Codex.
  • Dark Shepherd likes this

ZaelART

ZaelART

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 126 posts
"Kill Team: Annual 2019
Love Kill Team? Then make sure to get yourself the Kill Team Annual 2019! This rules supplement is like Chapter Approved, but for Kill Team, bringing together points updates, content previously only printed in White Dwarf and brand-new rules for another great year of skirmish gaming.

Try the Adepta Sororitas, gear up your Heretic Astartes with new guns, forge a narrative with dozens of missions – this gaming toolbox is packed with resources that’ll make your battles more fun however you prefer to play."

Looks like sisters of battle KT rules will drop this year, whether they're in Dec WD or exclusive to this annual I don't know.
  • Fulkes likes this

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,701 posts
They literally say the sisters are in the book.
  • CaptainMarsh, Fulkes and Brother Adelard like this

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,327 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Would be weird to be in both, gives a USP for folks who buy WD too

ZaelART

ZaelART

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 126 posts
Yeah, but it's a collection of stuff that has previously been released in WD. So figured there might be the possibility of it being in both as opposed to exclusively in the annual.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users