Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sisters of Battle reboot: latest info from p.75 onwards

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2080 replies to this topic

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,701 posts

Yeah, but it's a collection of stuff that has previously been released in WD. So figured there might be the possibility of it being in both as opposed to exclusively in the annual.

...bringing together points updates, content previously only printed in White Dwarf and brand-new rules for another great year of skirmish gaming.

• Fulkes likes this

ZaelART

ZaelART

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 126 posts
Yep, saw it, just wishful thinking that GW might throw us a bone.

Given the image beneath the announcement, what're the chances that the KT list will be specific to the monopose miniatures with no other options? I'd like to think if you have to buy the annual it will more than a "here's something to tide you over." Only thing I'm concerned about is no seraphim in the picture, thought jump pack infantry had been added already?

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,061 posts

Given the image beneath the announcement, what're the chances that the KT list will be specific to the monopose miniatures with no other options? I'd like to think if you have to buy the annual it will more than a "here's something to tide you over." Only thing I'm concerned about is no seraphim in the picture, thought jump pack infantry had been added already?

Well the CSM were out the gate kind of lacking and they are being expanded upon and so I dont think Sisters of Battle should worry too much.

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,701 posts

And the full Sisters Codex will be out in the wild (albeit with limited availability) when the Annual drops, so there's no "might spoil things from the Codex" factor to worry about with the KT list.

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,179 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-2/

Kill Team stuff.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

MoshJason

MoshJason

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 91 posts
Was hoping we'd get seraphim, or Celestians as options. But still, good start.

Edited by MoshJason, 26 November 2019 - 06:23 PM.

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,701 posts

Was hoping we'd get seraphim, or Celestians as options. But still, good start.

There's nothing that indicates the cited available units is an exhaustive list.

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,062 posts

Jump pack units are extremely unlikely imo. 

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,701 posts

We have T'au Stealth and Crisis suits, and Marine Suppressors, so they have added FLY units, albeit it super sparingly. I do think it's a toss up as to if they include Seraphim in here or hold them for some future supplement that adds a bunch of jump things across the board.

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,062 posts

I'd expect that they'll come alongside assault marines, stormboys, and so on. There's going to be a big "death from above" expansion at some point, imo.

imo,

Suppressors get a special exception because they released alongside Phobos stuff, and therefore have a "special forces" distinction.

Stealth suits have the same distinction

Crisis suits are literally the only Elites option that makes any kind of sense for Tau

I don't see Seraphim getting any kind of special exception like the above, though I suppose an argument might be made for the last one. 

Edited by Shinespider, 26 November 2019 - 07:37 PM.

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

MoshJason

MoshJason

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 91 posts

Marines have vanguard vets, who can take dual pistol and jump pack s, so I don't see the problem with Seraphim?

Edited by MoshJason, 26 November 2019 - 07:46 PM.

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,733 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

I predict expansions for each force org slot. We got one for HQ's and elites so far. FA and HS seem like safe bets as extra supplements down the line for KT IMO. Also dedicated Inquisition like that Rouge trader expansion for KT

• wildweasel likes this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,701 posts
Rogue Trader wasn’t so much an expansion in the sense we usually think of as it was a kind of dedicated playset. I suspect it was originally in development as just another stand alone boxed game like they had been doing when Shadow War: Armageddon dropped and they realized “Oh wow they really DO want a 40K skirmish game” and the Kill Team ball got rolling, with the Rogue Trader project getting repurposed into a supporting set for it.

ETA: And yeah, I fully expect Fast Attack and Heavy Support expansions - or, mayyybbeee having them rolled together into some sort of Battlefield Support expansion. Mainly because the selection of suitable Heavy Support units across the Factions may not be quite enough to carry an expansion by themselves.

Edited by wildweasel, 26 November 2019 - 10:17 PM.

• Antarius likes this

Plasmablasts

Plasmablasts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 934 posts
I suspect a “Heavy Support” KT expansion would predominantly feature walkers. An Exorcist in KT would be silly, outside a special scenario, while a Retributor isn’t dramatically different from a Battle Sister with a heavy weapon. A Penitent Engine or Mortifier might conceivably work, though I’m not sure I’d want to see dreads etc in every game.

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Marines have vanguard vets, who can take dual pistol and jump pack s, so I don't see the problem with Seraphim?

Marines have almost everything though so they're not a good comparison.
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,700 posts
I bet the SoB list in KTA2019 will include only the models from the limited edition box and then we will have a full list after the release of the full range in january/february 2020

And i agree that FA and HS sections of the various codexes will be covered by expansions in the style of KTE

Maybe they will release the full SoB list in one of these expansions
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Warblade

Warblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts
Triumph of st catherine REVEALED
https://youtu.be/AS_PtPGvg6M
Go to 2:45

Edited by Warblade, 30 November 2019 - 11:07 AM.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Triumph of st catherine REVEALED
https://youtu.be/AS_PtPGvg6M
Go to 2:45

Or you just look at the article on WarCom. :D 

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

fdb40318.jpg

• DeadFingers, Brother-serpent Tylydox, Lemondish and 1 other like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

Those rose petals will do wonders for protection, especially when you have a full service tray full of them.

Geesh...

SoB-111.jpg

SoB-112.jpg

SoB-113.jpg

SoB-114.jpg

Edited by Tylydox, 30 November 2019 - 12:47 PM.

• Montford likes this

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

Multipose Repentia kit

SoB-115.jpg

SoB-116.jpg

• Montford and TheFinisher4Ever like this

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts

Those rose petals will do wonders for protection, especially when you have a full service tray full of them.
Geesh...

Protection? Hardly!

Those are the petals of the Bloody Rose, mate. Just their scent alone gets you so hyped you strike truer.

SufficientAnonymity

SufficientAnonymity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 662 posts
  • Faction: Templars, SoBs, Custodes
I still want to find out what this Battle Sanctum looks like (and whether I can mate one with a Land Raider Crusader to give my planned truescale Grimaldus a suitable ride).

Fighting Company Grimaldus: http://www.bolterand...pany-grimaldus/

The Order of the Iron Veil: http://www.bolterand...-the-iron-veil/
Instagram: https://instagram.co...g.for.my.sanity

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SanityPainting

gallery_48988_15094_2398.png

Previous Trophies

Spoiler

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,061 posts
Some new models make me wonder if they plan on changing character rules or not...I mean like good luck hiding the triumph of St Katherine. I'm still going to get it, the diorama in a box model is just awesome.

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts

From Tom Walton's twitter (GW model designer) . A look at the Exorcist's organist and a fun fact.

6ij8LhG.jpg

Fun Fact: The hand positions are placed so it authentically looks like she would be playing Tubular Bells by Mike Oldfield.

Actually a pretty fun fact. Props for the visual pun.

Edited by DeadFingers, 30 November 2019 - 09:28 PM.

• Montford, Sandlemad, RolandTHTG and 7 others like this

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,263 posts
Haha! Brilliant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users