Enter those who dare, the Masque of the Dreaming Shadow

Axineton

So I've really got the bug to join in with the great performance of the harlequins and I've fallen in love with the Dreaming Shadow masque. And this afternoon I've started a test model in the Dreaming Shadow colours. i've only done one coat so far and not finished the whole model but this is where I am in the act so far.

C5U0c9yh.jpg

I'm going to give her another coat tomorrow and hopefully finish her. if I'm honest it was quite difficult to paint but felyt easier cos it was smaller.

Edited by Axineton

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Well I sold the above last year in a fit of rage as I thought I was done with the hobby! Turns out I wasn’t!! Anyway I still have the harlequin at the top of this thread and I found her over the weekend after putting her away. I’ve just bought a box of troupe on eBay but with the current situation I’m not sure when they’ll arrive. I’ve painted the base with stirland mud and an Agrax earthshade wash then drybrushed with tyrant skull. The stone piece I’ve done a basecoat of Zandri dust and I need a few coats but I’ll update more with a pic once I get my head in the game. Still need to finish my Deathwatch sergeants for the 12 month of hobby challenge. 

1xDfl5yh.jpg

Added a Pic.

Edited by Axineton

Built the Troupe this afternoon after it arriving in the post this morning. May prime them with the airbrush tomorrow unless I can get to Halfords to get a spraycan but that may prove difficult.

XaGopCGh.jpg

I like it. Can't wait to see what you do with the new ones. I understand the frustration in the world status right now as well as the painting of diamonds. I've stripped my Harli's at least 3 times now and still haven't found my niche for them. So seeing what you've come up with on the single mini gives me hope. Can't wit to see them. Edited by Dread

Sooo I got the airbrush out today to prime the troupe and then thought why don’t I make a start on painting them too. I was mucking around with it and came up with this so far. I obviously need to get some green in here but this is where I’m at right now. C & c much appreciated.

QWAFa0Pl.jpg

BLmH2uDl.jpg

rs246ail.jpg

Eu5GyAOl.jpg

UxcVFJdl.jpg

And I only went and basecoated the whole troupe in Averland sunset and Khorne red with my airbrush. The sash’s are going to be green I think and I’m also going to tidy up the red and yellow with a paintbrush tomorrow then I’ll get on with the highlights on the edges as well. 
I tried to do a airbrush blend on the power sword but it didn’t quite work but I’m sure with more practice I’ll get it eventually. 

S3IlZbIl.jpg

O4S4OSll.jpg

5YYGV4kl.jpg

I like it. The colors are perfect as I said above. Glad you're getting to do them. I just came inside from working on my pick up, thinking about painting some tonight just because I saw yours, if I'm not to sore. Getting old sucks.

cheers Dread much appreciated mate. I have to admit I really am not a fan of painting in general but today I really enjoyed it. I put my AirPods in my ears and just started painting and a few hours later it was done. I reckon I’ll do 1 a day over this week and hopefully have them finished by next weekend. And yes getting old does suck mate :cry: