Enter those who dare, the Masque of the Dreaming Shadow

Axineton

Well my first few games after kt dropped was against ad mech, ultras, blood angels and death guard. The long range charge move without Los, which prevents over watch, was my main tactic. Fast and in their face, especially when I got the low initiative roll.

And don't get to play tonight, my buddy wore himself out today. Oh well, I'll get to finish painting them.

Edited by Dread

Finished all 6 now so may I present Kill Team Lizarb 

f4dhFZll.jpg

RY3jmMbl.jpg

And the gang all here 

DXpb1gel.jpg

I’m going to keep this as a kill team exclusively I think and build a different coloured Harlequin army when I can get my hands on more after the lockdown and when life returns to normal. 

Glad to be of assistance. I had plans of working on my truck today today but mother nature has changed that, raining. So Im planning a sit down to work on my guys as well as some of my chaos Dudes. Give the air brush another work out. Thanks

I did mess around with a spare harlequin I have floating around and came up with this monstrosity!  Airbrush was sputtering too so I got fed up and packed it away. 

HRRUrwGl.jpg

LesVFtgl.jpg

0VlS3asl.jpg

Oh and the latest Troupe I bought never turned up due to the ebayer being out of stock. Quick enough to take my money though! Got a refund today on it so I’ll get another troupe probably when the lockdown is over. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought the Harlequin half of Death Masque on Facebook and on ebay I just purchased a Troupe, Starweaver and a box of Skyweavers and a Shadowseer.

Once it all arrives not including the troupe I built for Kill Team I'll have: 3 Troupes, 2 Starweavers, 4 Skyweavers, a Solitaire,  2 Death Jesters and a Shadowseer. That should take me up in points value. I'll have to work it out on battlescribe. Oh and Eldrad whatsisname is there too but not sure I want him in the army I'm building.

I’ve just managed to swap a load of unbuilt GSC and Primaris stuff for 3 Harlequin halves of the death masque boxes tonight on a Facebook warhammer trading group. We’re both posting our stuff tomorrow. That should give me around 2000 points I’d imagine now. 

Edit:

Four halves of death masque will give me around 1044 points in total give or take weapon choices. Not a bad start. And enough to keep me busy building and painting. I’m actually looking forward to painting these when I get them. 

Edited by Axineton

Cheers Dwango. Going to go with their more traditional look of red and green I think. You don’t see it very often if ever so why not. Hoping to start next week. Just waiting on the Skyweavers to turn up after the bloke forgot to pack them and I’ve asked him for the instructions for the death masque box so I know what I’m building. 

Let me know if you struggle. I bought a couple of death masque boxes when they came out so I may have the instructions somewhere. What I've found is that, for the Starweavers, you should leave the main canopy/hull thing off and paint them separately especially if using an airbrush. I obviously got giddy at the time and glued everything together. I think it's going to prove tricky to paint now.

I need to tidy up the fade on the left one and get it central but I’ll get some more done tomorrow I think. I may even buy 2 more and just have these as test subjects but undecided as of just yet. 

I actually think it has character like that, but it's your call. You could but a decal in that area or instead of centering a decal you could put it off more in the green a little off center. That's just personality.

So the bloke that I exchanged a load of stuff with for three halves of death masque harlequins never added the Skyweavers. He apparently forgot to pack them etc etc. I’ve been in contact with him these last 2 weeks but now he’s stopped replying to my messages on messenger. Now with the current situation in the country it’s entirely plausible he’s ill but on Sunday he replied saying he’d post Monday but I’ve had nothing in the post and as I said no reply from him. 

I’ve ordered 2 boxes of Skyweavers from GW this morning but I’m annoyed that I’ve had to as I planned on buying other stuff. I suppose it’s the risk you take when you trade on Facebook and other marketplaces online. 

I’m in two minds if I should name and shame the bloke on Facebook as it could all be him not being well but then again I’m pretty much £75 down if I don’t receive the Skyweavers we agreed on. 

Rant over. 

For the 12 months of hobby I’m going to build and paint my Solitaire next starting tomorrow I think. 

Edit: well after putting a post up asking if I should name and shame the sender, he’s reached out saying he’ll post today and lots of apologies etc etc. Anyway that’s enough about first world problems. Back to Harlequins. 

Edited by Axineton

Was going to start this tomorrow but was bored so built him in sub-assemblies and primed and basecoated him with an averland sunset base. The leggings will be Khorne red and the inside of the coat will be black. Face is going to be white with a reddish wash in the recesses. Going for the official GW colour scheme from the Warriors of the laughing god painting guide. 

PXtqWKw.jpg

And this is what I’m going for and basing it on: 

aNrlr44.jpg

Edited by Axineton