Enter those who dare, the Masque of the Dreaming Shadow

Axineton

Finished my Solitaire today. I’m sort of happy with it but it was getting on my nerves towards the end. I may purchase another one down the line and try and paint it better next time. 
Going to need to use greenstuff next time on the coat where it joins up as there’s a little gap that is doing my head in. 

mxOWhFBl.jpg

Edited by Axineton

Looking good. You're really ploughing through them. I have one to build and paint but I'm going to wait until I have std players under my belt I think.

With regard to the gaping I'd maybe try something different to greenstuff. My experience it is hard to smooth out and sand down. I use a type of filler that's really easy to sand so it doesn't look like its been filled. I can let you know the name of it once I'm done parenting if you like?

He looks great! I know what you mean about gaps, grr. Had a few spring up on my Nighthaunts. Didn't see them until I primed them. I use green stuff as well as Testors model putty. It takes a day dry but sands really nice afterwards. On another note, if you don't slow down you're not gonna have anything to paint in the upcoming comp :)

Just saw that harli's getting new rules in white dwarf over at warhammer community. https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/05/12/white-dwarf-new-harlequins-rulesgw-homepage-post-3/

Edited by Dread

Solid progress, Axineton! Have you settled on a different colour scheme for your Harlequin army or will you stick with the one you already have?

I’ve decided I’m going with the traditional Dreaming Shadow colours mate. As much as I loved remixing them up for my kill team that yellow and red scheme started to drive me mad in the end. The solitaire here is actually the colour he’s meant to be according to the Warriors of the Laughing god paint guide. 

Tamiya putty white. Sorry, parenting took longer than expected. Plus I had misplaced it. I think there was a discussion in the general pca forum about such things. Other people had more suggestions. May be helpful to check out. I've posted my some unpainted starweavers in my thread that I've used it on if you want to see an example. I've yet to put paint to them though.

I've had an idea about a Dreaming Shadow Death Jester!! I'm thinking of using a Necron head on one of them and painting the head and the ribcage of the DJ in silver as an inspiration but not sure about it. Anyone have any thoughst??

I think that would be pretty cool myself. Like wearing a trophy for intimadation which would be hard against a machine, haha. Just depends if you want to cut up a $30 model.

That's great! Can't wait to see. On another note, we just had a hail storm here, my windshield got busted and lots of body damage on my truck. My brothers cars all got beat up as well as my both of my daughters cars. Lots of damage here in town.

20200521-200946.jpg

20200521-203822.jpg

Edited by Dread

Some lovely work in here Axineton, Harlequins are such wonderful models but painting them I can imagine can be incredibly frustrating.

I've always loved the Masque of Frozen Stars - that's what I will be painting mine as when I get them!

I shall be keeping an eye on your thread.

Edited by Onónion

Cheers Onónion there’s a lot of love for the frozen stars in the harlequin forum guess I’m the odd one out by choosing dreaming shadow. They can be a right pain to paint and I’ll be back on these once I’ve finished a chaos knight I’m doing so shouldn’t be to long before I update this thread. 

Cheers Onónion there’s a lot of love for the frozen stars in the harlequin forum guess I’m the odd one out by choosing dreaming shadow. They can be a right pain to paint and I’ll be back on these once I’ve finished a chaos knight I’m doing so shouldn’t be to long before I update this thread. 

Ah, yes. I look forward to your updates.

I'm thinking about doing a Frozen Stars Harlequin Kill Team just to paint something different once I get some traction with my Saim-Hann 40K army.

Edited by Onónion

Made a start on the lockdown challenge today while waiting for some supplies for another project. I’ve primed a bit of the Starweaver in sub assemblies as the passenger platform looks hard to paint once the whole model is built. So here’s where I am right now before the 40k twitch stream I’m taking a break for.

Primed with rynylstylz primer. And then the platform airbrushed with Gehenna’s Gold.

1zRIOj9h.jpg

Then the platform shaded with nuln oil.

a45QoGfh.jpg

A coat of Druchii Violet all over the platform.

erFGg3Fh.jpg

And then I stippled the platform with necron compound. 
2fzgZGPh.jpg

Edited by Axineton

Cheers Dread. I followed the harlequin painting guide. Wish I had a print copy instead of a pdf version but they are like rocking horse doo doo. Anyway I did an edge highlight with Runefang steel after the stream and here it is. Think I’m finished for the day. 

xrz933Wh.jpg

Don't know why my edges don’t show but I’m not painting them again lol!

I know I said I was done for the day but I had to get the undercarriage done and I went with a nice garish averland sunset. 
xPb4cVZh.jpg

The fins will have the little boxes in the opposite colours as well on top and the bottom once I carry on. 

Edited by Axineton