Ultramarines made Top 8 of Adepticon!

Tokugawa

That doesn't address anything I've mentioned?

Of course he hasn't Idaho, your using decent arguments against Gmans overwhelming and warping presence for codex marines, and the usual tactic of just calling you an ultramarine hater won't work, because, well, it's you.

But the fact is that if marines were even vaguely competitive on their own, Gman would single handedly break the game in his current state.

But, marine units mostly suck majorly, so he just makes them half decent.

You can't realistically cost a force multiplier of that extent with any reasonable balance, if you can afford him and the unit's worth buffing, he'll be busted.

If you can't, or said units just don't exist, he doesn't matter.

And currently, such units don't really exist, so the whole codex wallows in mediocrity. The few units that looked like they might make the cut got nerfed fast and hard, like twin ac razors and stormravens

We need to get over the internal hate for Guilliman so we can all move forward together. Like I said I never use him. GW could fix everything just like that too and it does Not require a rocket scientist. I love Ultramarines because they are so tactical. It’s the one faction I play mono.

If marines get buffed, and Guilliman turns out to make them super-duper OP, they can change his points cost. But that's a bridge we'll cross when (more life "if") we get to it. Right now, marines in general are pretty weak, so they can use all the help they can get. Let's fix that issue first instead of getting ahead of ourselves.

Of course he hasn't Idaho, your using decent arguments against Gmans overwhelming and warping presence for codex marines, and the usual tactic of just calling you an ultramarine hater won't work, because, well, it's you.

But the fact is that if marines were even vaguely competitive on their own, Gman would single handedly break the game in his current state.

You can't realistically cost a force multiplier of that extent with any reasonable balance, if you can afford him and the unit's worth buffing, he'll be busted.

And currently, such units don't really exist, so the whole codex wallows in mediocrity. The few units that looked like they might make the cut got nerfed fast and hard, like twin ac razors and stormravens

Calm down. You don't need to improve the firepower of Marines. You improve them in other ways that aren't linked to Guilliman's auras.

You also bolster the unique abilities of other chapters to create alternative, viable play styles.

Why are so many people utterly lacking imagination?

I remember back in 7th when White Scars were kings, no one was complaining. It really is Ultra hate guiding misguided opinions.

The vanilla codex is Ultramarine centric, it was purely an Ultramarine book prior to 5th edition? Or was it 4th? That has kind of remained that way.

It was Codex: Ultramarines in 2nd edition.  The first Codex: Space Marines that covered everyone came out in 1998 at the beginning of 3rd edition.

Calm down. You don't need to improve the firepower of Marines. You improve them in other ways that aren't linked to Guilliman's auras.

You also bolster the unique abilities of other chapters to create alternative, viable play styles.

Why are so many people utterly lacking imagination?

I remember back in 7th when White Scars were kings, no one was complaining. It really is Ultra hate guiding misguided opinions.

I agree that changes don't and shouldn't be firepower based. Kind of like how Guilliman shouldn't just be a reroll aura beat stick.

But don't scream Ultras Hate because someone has a differing opinion of you. That kind of labelling to silence someone is not something we want on the board.

Well, I completely disagree.

This topic was more of a celebration of the surprise that an Ultramarine list made it to the top 8 of Adepticon, but straight away people started to complain about Ultras.

Re-roll auras are actually a distinctive mechanic of Astartes and Chaos Astartes armies (And Custodes who are similar). Guard, Eldar, Nids, Tau etc don't have the same auras. It's natural that Guilliman, walking son of the Emperor, should have the very best aura of this type. Should the army have more viable builds? Yep! That doesn't mean you ruin the existing ones.

I'm happy that Guilliman makes units efficient but he also makes an army less mobile and pays a price in objective based games on tables with adequate terrain.

If you don't like it, don't use it! He might feel too powerful in your local, casual meta against certain lists but that isn't an accurate picture.

Honesty, why are some of you even playing Astartes? You seem to dislike the few distinct mechanics of the army, or dislike hero characters (this is literally what Astartes are all about), or you dislike GW's direction with new models, or the lore lol. Go play Guard!

Archived