Grey Knights vs Genestealer Cults (Tabletop Tactics)

Waking Dreamer

I thought I'd like to share Tabletop Tactics recent video Batrep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oruQX__0u8E

Mono Grey Knights vs Pure Genestealer Cult [2K Points]

qD17ZL5.jpg

GK Army 13CP [Dual Battalion] / GSC Army 14CP [Dual Battalion + Vanguard Detachment]

Things of note:

- GK Terminators + Bolter Discipline Rule = Good feels.

- Draigo + surrounded by enemies = Still a combat beast + good feels!

I really enjoy Tabletop Tactics' batreps.  The people who make those videos are really funny.  You can tell that they really enjoy playing the game with each other.  And their tables tend to have a lot of terrain, which I like.  Terrain is the third army on the tabletop, and the game is much, much better when there is adequate terrain.  Thematically the game just looks and feels right when there is adequate terrain.  Anyway, that was a tangent.  The point is, Tabletop Tactics make good videos and they are fun to watch.

Love table top tactics! 

It was nice to see despite Grey Knights glaring issues even with not a 100% optimized list they can still do really well!!!

Krash 

Dual Battalion is pretty rare for a mono GK army so it was definitely awesome to see what a GK army could do with 13 CPs!

Lawrence is a GK player (they're in his top 2 favourite armies), a tournament champion, and a player who has played GKs armies (mono and soup) at tournament level, and knows / seen other top-tier GK players bring them to tournaments. When he comes right out and says their codex is at the bottom of the pile....well he knows what he is talking about. lol

He does suggest the normal smite for GK characters and a 1/D3 (11+) MW smite for standard GK units. I think 2A base for PA units as well. These don't necessarily make GKs really good, but at the very least fair for the points you pay for them. 

Come to think of it, he should just house rule that for a couple of batreps and put them up against top/high-tier armies and see how they do. He would basically be alpha testing what every other GK player knows needs to be done to make GKs better. Someone should suggest that to him in the Youtube comments and all the GK players here could just rate that comment up so it's gets to be noticed by his team! lol

Archived