Hey everyone,

It's been a while since I've tried to maintain one of these things, and my log in the Age of Darkness section of the forum has been languishing for a good while as my enthusiasm for the hobby waxes and wanes due to mental health stuff and all that.

However, with the new Chaos release my interest in one of my favourite factions in the hobby has risen (What with me getting Dark Vengeance in 2015 or 2016 as my introduction to Warhammer 40,000)  and I've got quite a bit of the new stuff, Abbadon included. I think the hobby will be a nice way for me to cope with anxiety, and I'm excited to get started! Abaddon will have some paint on him once my brushes arrive. 

Don't have any exciting photos yet, but here's an initial list of models I'm going to work towards painting. It's off of stuff in my collection, will probably change later. 

HQ:

Abaddon 

Jump Pack Sorcerer

Jump Pack Chaos Lord with two lightning claws. 

Kranon from Dark Vengeance. 

Troops:

Chaos Space Marines, with Heavy Bolter and Plasma Gun and Sword and Combi Plasma on the Champion.

Five Chaos Space Marines with Reaper Chaincannon and Power Sword on Champion.

Five Chaos Space Marines with Reaper Chaincannon and Power Sword on Champion.

Fifteen Cultists with Autoguns.

Elites: 

Si Chosen with the Dark Vengeance Loadout. 

Helbrute with Multi Melta and Helbrute Fist.

Fast Attack:

Bikers with Plasma Guns and Combi Plasma on the Champion

Land Raider.

Not an incredibly exciting first post, but I've got some brushes in the mail and they'll be coming soon. Once they're here i'll post painting in progress pictures, meanwhile I'll kitbash and put together some of the fancy new sculpts. 

Have a nice day. :) 

Howdy ol’ pal!

Good to see you posting future hobby plans! I’ve just started getting back into the hobby since late last year. I hit a major slump and fell out of touch with the hobby for a lot of reasons but the recent stream of all the new CSM hooked me back in. I have to say it has been very enjoyable to sit down at the hobby desk to build and paint a little. Gaming and rolling some dice have been icing on top the cake. So I think you’re on the right track to getting over your worries. I know first hand that anxiety is a major bummer but I also know it can be kicked to the curb.

Hoping we can see some kitbashes soon. And I’m looking forward to when those brushes arrive to see some paint.

Howdy ol’ pal!

Good to see you posting future hobby plans! I’ve just started getting back into the hobby since late last year. I hit a major slump and fell out of touch with the hobby for a lot of reasons but the recent stream of all the new CSM hooked me back in. I have to say it has been very enjoyable to sit down at the hobby desk to build and paint a little. Gaming and rolling some dice have been icing on top the cake. So I think you’re on the right track to getting over your worries. I know first hand that anxiety is a major bummer but I also know it can be kicked to the curb.

Hoping we can see some kitbashes soon. And I’m looking forward to when those brushes arrive to see some paint.

Thanks Hush! The new CSM are great, yeah, and getting back into the hobby is proving real fun. I'm looking forward to having a game, there's a 1000 point tournament at the FLGS that I'll probably not go to but has given me ideas for lists as has Vigilus Ablaze and the CSM Codex. I'll probably play a friend in some weeks, and I'm super hyped for that. Getting over anxiety is proving very challenging, but I'm glad to have super cool friends and family who support me which makes life so much easier.  :happy.:

Don't forget your GBBO entry!

Thanks for the reminder, Jole! Complete vow's in the thread now.

I didn't expect the first model to be posted in the thread to be a Blood Angel and so soon, but I put together a little dude for the Great Baalite Bakeoff. He's not super blinged up, so while I submitted him as a Captain he might see play (If he does) as a sergeant or lieutenant. I'm planning some freehand on some areas of the model like chainsword, so that should be good fun! 

RozNRVB.jpg

PRiREk8.jpg

And a nice little shot featuring Abaddon:

Z5yT2xe.jpg 

Have a nice day! :happy.:

Yeah, I’m getting back into it all with Heralds of Ruin with a buddy. Small kill team skirmishes with faster paced games. I’m either getting too old or developing adult onset ADHD because I don’t have it in me to want to play full 40k. For the time being.

The Blood Angel is a sweet kitbash. Will there be more of them to come?

And Abbadon, even in grey, is beautiful. Can’t wait for you to get those new brushes!

Archived