Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Allfathers Varanguard

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,542 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [50 PL, 867pts] ++

+ HQ +

Bjorn the Fell-handed [12 PL, 216pts]: Assault cannon, Heavy flamer

Primaris Wolf Priest [6 PL, 80pts]

+ Troops +

Infiltrator Squad [11 PL, 142pts]: 4x Infilltrator, Infiltrator Helix Adept, Infiltrator Sergeant

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 85pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor
. Intercessor Pack Leader: Chainsword

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 85pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor
. Intercessor Pack Leader: Chainsword

+ Heavy Support +

Eliminator Squad [3 PL, 72pts]
. 2x Eliminator: 2x Bolt sniper rifle, 2x Camo cloak
. Eliminator Sergeant: Bolt sniper rifle, Camo cloak

Hellblaster Squad [8 PL, 187pts]: Assault Plasma Incinerator
. 4x Hellblaster
. Hellblaster Pack Leader: Bolt pistol

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [33 PL, 480pts] ++

+ HQ +

+ Troops +

Infiltrator Squad [11 PL, 142pts]: 4x Infilltrator, Infiltrator Helix Adept, Infiltrator Sergeant

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 89pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor
. Intercessor Pack Leader: Power sword

. 4x Intercessor

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [38 PL, 663pts] ++

+ HQ +

Wolf Lord [5 PL, 94pts]: Storm shield, Wolf claw (swappable with frost sword and frost axe)

+ Elites +

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 162pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Wolf Guard Cataphractii Terminators [12 PL, 180pts]
. Wolf Guard Cataphractii Pack Leader: Combi-bolter, Lightning Claw
. Wolf Guard Cataphractii Terminator: Combi-bolter, Lightning Claw

Wulfen [11 PL, 227pts]
. 4x Thunder hammer & Stormshield: 4x Storm Shield, 4x Thunder Hammer
. 4x Wulfen
. Wulfen Pack Leader: Frost claws

++ Total: [121 PL, 2010pts] ++

This is a fluffy list based on the lore of my own chapter. It has a heavy use of Wolf Priests and Wolf Priest aspirants for discipline and to keep warriors alive.

This army is split into 3 main parts with the common "hammer and anvil" tactic and objective holders. The Wolf Lord and Wulfen are the hammer, with a focus on offensive capabilities. While Bjorn and the terminators are the anvil, and focused on defensive capabilities. The third part are infiltrators and intercessors to hold objectives, and simply staying alive.

The Infiltrator deploy forward of the intercessors to deny any outflanking. Intercessors deploy each with with a wolf priest. They are pretty straight forward idea to secure objectives and rack up points.

The outliers are the dreadnought, eliminators, and hellblaster. Their focus is anti-character or anti-armor.

What do you masters-of-strategy think? I know it's supposed to be fluffy but I still want to win battles. As more Primaris come out I may get new units and change the list (bring out the Primaris terminators!)
sml_gallery_69091_12729_6611.jpggallery_4664_11830_1029.jpeg
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

Loshkins

Loshkins

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 61 posts

Any half competitive list will rip you apart, you're trying to do too much with this list. 

What do you want all the CP for? 

Your WL & Wulfen will never reach their objective, they're basically a full sized tac squad when it comes to removing them off the board and are the first obvious threat. 

Bjorn is your offensive, not a defensive anchor. WG terminators with SB/SS will do the same job for cheaper, and are kinda okayish but still garbage, DS and hope for the best I guess. 

Your third part is actually not too bad, keep them cheap though, drop the helix. Could put a PFist on the intercessors instead of the sword, we have hunters unleashed so will be hitting at regular WS.  

Eliminators are fantastic, keep them, get more.

The redemptor is meh at best, consider a contemptor or leviathan for what I assume you think it will do but won't. 

Hellblasters also good, but figure out how they fit in your army. 

Reserve 85pts and 1CP for an assassin. 

• Jarl Caldersson likes this

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,542 posts
The WL+Wulfen would be Outflanking (that 2 cp, 1 ea). I'm curious as to why you think they wouldn't reach their target, and what could be improved on them. I am a little ignorant as I have been playing DG or conventional SW list.

Bjorn was due to fluff reasons (using Abaddon model as my Thane). I suppose I could use Arjac or something. I already have 5 cataphractii with SB/claw.

Again fluff reasons for the helix. As for Pfist, whenever my intercessors get in combat they always take more than one turn to kill another squad, which then means he is hitting on 4's. I guess I can try it out though.

I have no experience with eliminators, however I see more and more HQ choices being used to boost high performing units making them wrecking balls.

Redemptor is only 160ish points vs the 300ish points for a Leviathan. I would have to cut pretty deep to get that additional 150 points, and another 85 for the assassin. I also have to fight to use FW models then.

I will try to alot some points for the assassin.

Loshkins

Loshkins

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 61 posts

The Wulfen comment I must preface with the following - in a competitive based environment, ITC/tournament based, that kind of thing where people know what they're doing. So the reason is due to their durability, or rather lack thereof. In defensive terms they're effectively 15 space marines, even less if being shot with d2 weapons (which are very prevalent). They are amazing in CC and will attract attention because of it, they're expensive and so your opponent can afford to invest time in killing them. You will also highly likely to run into cheap bubble wrap even if you can make it to your opponent before being shot off - especially for anything juicy enough worth their effort in the first place. Its the same principal of being able to deal with a single flyer, every list should be able to, and every list should be able to deal with a single glass cannon cc unit. So you almost want more of them, but at that point they're just too damn expensive you know? Hope that makes sense. 

The WL is good btw, he has a 4++ anyway so consider a shooting weapon in the other hand. Definitely give him a JP, you can save a CP that way and dump him in with your terminators for free that way.     

Try powerswords as well to keep them cheaper, they're actually great at going up against other objective scoring units, the pfist just lends to that mental deterrent kind of thing a bit more than the swords. 

Eliminators are 72pts and a pain in the ass to remove, they'll sit there and chip away at those 'cheap' HQs all game or attract far more attention they're deserving of. They also don't need LOS which is just gravy on top. Keep a couple squads on the top floors of an objective building so they can't be assaulted either. So they can't be shot, can't be assaulted and need something decent to go clean them out, all for a 72pt unit. 

The assassins should be an auto include in all Imperium lists. The Eversor especially can cripple those Luck 32 or tiny tau battalions, basically any objective holding squads he can go through two of them per turn. 4++ 4+++ (with CP) and fight twice and get you more CP if you kill those small characters. Whereas the Culexus shuts down psyker heavy lists, he is absolutely rage inducing. Lastly, you tailor which one you pick during deployment.  

Redemptor has no invul save and hits on 3s with CP or 4s without CP when he moves. If you drop the wulfen & redemptor you can get a dual stormcannon leviathan and an assassin with 1pt left to spare. 

Consider changing some of your priests to rune priests, those things are amazing, and again not sure why all the troops? MEQ is very easy to kill these days, you only really need the one battalion anyway. Give Bjorn a couple wulfen shield dreads with the points saved and you have fluffy list that won't win too many games, but you'll have fun playing them at least and feel like its not a complete roll over. 

Edited by Loshkins, 03 April 2019 - 01:46 AM.

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,542 posts

I don't play in tournaments, so I don't think I will have as much of a problem. I find it funny that 3++/5+++ isn't considered "durable". Though I can see people pouring in units to destroy them, however then they are letting Bjorn/Terminators alone to press a unit/objective.

I think Powerswords are a better option, my DG champions all have powerfists and people just don't care and will charge them anyways. Sure in turn 1 of combat a SW PF hitting on 3's, and has a good chance of killing a single unit, after that he's hitting on 4's.

I understand about the Redemptor, was trying to keep this list mostly Primaris/SW unique units. However it just feels meh, they need a invuln. So yeah i'll drop it.

Rune Priest: no. Doesn't fall into my fluff. I know they are  great, but I'd like to keep it fluffy.

As to why so many troops, I mostly play objective-based games. With 6 objectives, and only 3 troops it is hard to press additional objectives. Hellblasters and Eliminators usually don't sit on objectives. I could drop to 2 intercessors/ 2 infiltrators (there is a rise of genestealer cult in the area). 

Standby for a new attempt.

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,542 posts
++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [42 PL, 612pts] ++

+ HQ +

Wolf Priest [5 PL, 75pts]: Bolt pistol

Wolf Priest [5 PL, 75pts]: Bolt pistol

+ Troops +

. 4x Intercessor

. 4x Intercessor

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [40 PL, 723pts] ++

+ HQ +

Bjorn the Fell-handed [12 PL, 216pts]: Assault cannon, Heavy flamer

+ Elites +

Reivers [5 PL, 100pts]: Bolt carbine, Grav Chutes, 4x Reiver, Reiver Pack Leader

Wolf Guard Cataphractii Terminators [12 PL, 180pts]
. Wolf Guard Cataphractii Pack Leader: Combi-bolter, Lightning Claw

Wulfen [11 PL, 227pts]
. 4x Thunder hammer & Stormshield: 4x Storm Shield, 4x Thunder Hammer
. 4x Wulfen
. Wulfen Pack Leader: Frost claws

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [17 PL, 361pts] ++

+ HQ +

Wolf Lord [6 PL, 124pts]: Jump Packs, Storm shield, Thunder hammer

+ Heavy Support +

Eliminator Squad [3 PL, 72pts]
. 2x Eliminator: 2x Bolt sniper rifle, 2x Camo cloak
. Eliminator Sergeant: Bolt sniper rifle, Camo cloak

Hellblaster Squad [8 PL, 165pts]: Plasma Incinerator
. 4x Hellblaster
. Hellblaster Pack Leader: Bolt pistol

Relic Leviathan Dreadnought [16 PL, 303pts]: 2x Heavy flamer, Storm cannon array, Storm cannon array

++ Total: [115 PL, 1999pts] ++

I will have to create a list without a Leviathan as I fear most people will not play against FW units. Maybe another hellblaster unit and idk what else.

Edited by Jarl Caldersson, 04 April 2019 - 12:24 AM.

Loshkins

Loshkins

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 61 posts

Solid list, you'll do well. Put the Levi in with the heavy support, since its Relic you need to have a non relic unit in the slot. 

Edit - nvm, battlescribe got it. 

Edited by Loshkins, 03 April 2019 - 09:25 PM.

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,542 posts

Solid list, you'll do well. Put the Levi in with the heavy support, since its Relic you need to have a non relic unit in the slot. 

I fixed it up now. Thanks for the patience, it's hard to make a fluff list that also can win a few games.

Loshkins

Loshkins

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 61 posts

I fixed it up now. Thanks for the patience, it's hard to make a fluff list that also can win a few games.

I feel you man, especially with SW right now. Love them, but its such an uphill battle to make them work. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users