A new, very Ultramarine list.

Ishagu

Hi folks

I've put this list together using as many Ultramarine specific units as I could, as well as making use of Veteran Intercessors. Let me know what you guys think.

The list is 2k and has 9 command points after upgrading the Intercessor unit.

Ultramarines Battalion:

HQ:

-Tigurius, Might of Heroes, Null Zone

-Techmarine, Servo Arm, Power Axe, Primarch's Wrath

Troops:

-5 Intercessors, Grenade Launcher

-5 Intercessors, Grenade Launcher

-10 Veteran Intercessors, Sgt with power fist

Elites:

-2 Victrix Honour Guard

Dedicated Transport:

-Repulsor, Twin Lascannon, Las Talon, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Ironhail Heavy Stubber, 3x Stormbolters

-Repulsor, Twin Lascannon, Las Talon, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Ironhail Heavy Stubber, 3x Stormbolters

Lord of War: (2 individual detachments)

-Roboute Guilliman

-Landraider Terminus Ultra

Everything starts in transports with the exception of the characters and Victrix Guard. The army looks small but has over 110 wounds, with nearly 50 of them being T8. Tiggy boosts the toughness of the Terminus Ultra and can't grant a -1 to hit buff to any vehicle in the enemy's firing line.

The idea is to advance the army into the centre and desperate from there, providing the mission doesn't lead you in a different direction.

Alternatively can be run as 4 squads, each with 5 Intercessors and without making a unit as Veterans. This increases the CP to 11.

Not intending for this to compete with the top lists but to hold it's own in a less competitive environment.

Lol I'm determined to have some fun with the Terminus Ultra.

3 T8 vehicles is going to be powerful. I'm sure the very top competitive lists might provide stark challenges but I actually think the list is pretty competitive. I'm an optimist!

Weakness you know is low boots on the ground but the focus will be the tanks.

On that note how essential is the Terminus Ultra? 420pts is pretty steep.

I'd like to see some battle reports too.

As awesome as the Terminus Ultra looks in person, wouldn't you be better off with a pair of Relic Contemptor Dreads?  For close to the same points as the Terminus Ultra you can bring 2 Relic Contemptors and a second unit of Victrix Guard.  You need to find 24pts, but that could be done downgrading the Repulsor LasTalons and dropping the Techmarine's power Axe.

Oh I can make a better list immediately with my Venator and a bunch more infantry including 10 Hellblasters and 5 Aggressors, but I'm going to see if a Terminus Ultra can pull it's weight.

Only thing that makes me nervous is my local competition.

I could have a friendly game or I could be facing 5 Knights or tournament champions lol

Oh my... Potter over Guilliman? We better hope the Primarch doesn’t hear about that :)

I think the list looks like something I would definitely enjoy using myself. I’ve noticed an increase of Intercessors since Vigilus. I’ve always used multiples but since Vigilus I use the configuration you have most often.

Archived