Thicker Than Blood - Army Display

PeteySödes

This was the display diorama I made for our team for the Adepticon Team Tournament this year!

Our theme was Warzone Vigilus and the subject was Kaelacs Bane, the glacial mass at the southern pole of the planet.

spgcwr3lkgp21.jpg

https://imgur.com/gallery/KNW6tOx

I took home best appearance which was one of my crown jewels. A fantastic event and time talking to everyone at the armies on parade showcase. Game wise did ok, some of you may have seen me get 12" charged by a bunch of nasty boys on the Warhammer TV stream but i don't think i embarrassed myself. Dice are dice right?

It was a lot of fun to make but I'm glad I can move on to my more Fenrisian pursuits! Thanks for looking brothers!

Most impressive. What did you use for the fortress' collapsing shields?

It's a polyester resin poured that i cast over a big polyethaline sheet so it wouldn't bond. LEDs went underneath and i painted it with both traditional and air brush.

Saw this floating on reddit the other day, its incredibly good. Well done.

Hah yea that was crazy, mid game 4 Sunday my phone starts blowing up as my friends discovered it. Pretty awesome people enjoyed it, I loved geeking out at the armies on parade showcase.

Good lord, is that actual dry ice! Congrats on the win man, well deserved

I didnt actually think of dry ice until like 2 days before the con so i had a full on smoke machine.....

I melted 2 tubes last weekend lol.

I adore everything you've done. The Stormboy smashing into the shield, the piled-up boys, the custom Mechanicus forge-fortress or whatever it is!

I also like how the various Imperial forces all look kinda coherent - wildly different color schemes can look very natural next to eachother when the same kind of grit and weathering is applied to them. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived