The Warband of the Blinded Eye: Vazzy's Black Legion

Vazzy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56cnOkQFRwo

Part I: The Novitiate 

1090999_654099331289229_697766325_o.jpg

The strategium aboard the heavy cruiser 'Narcissus'  was silent, save the low thrum of sixty suits of power armor. The high vaulted chamber had once served over three times the number of warriors, though attrition had taken it's toll on the warship's masters. Groups of servitors and hooded slaves move quietly in the background, sticking to the shadows and speaking through a crude sign language. No mortal tongue is allowed to be spoken here. The warriors were divided along squad loyalties, the groups arrayed in loose formations, with a thread of discipline tainting the otherwise casual postures of each group. They stared expectantly at the dais before them, their warlord standing alone with his back to them. 

He was a warrior-king in every sense of the word. Armored in a hulking suit of sable and gold terminator armor, he stood, like a titan of old, before his supplicants. A crimson cloak, topped with a white and brown animal pelt graced his shoulders, and loincloth bearing Cthonic glyphs declaring his triumphs hung at his waist, flanked by the gold-cast skulls of two imperial heroes. At his feet, his war axe leaned against the railing, the daemonc chained within hanging around the head like a black cloud. His name was Dural Ak'Kabar, and he was the leader of the Warband of the Blinded Eye. 

He stepped forward, and leaned towards us, his eyes burning with a fanatics zeal. 

"My brothers," he began, his rich baritone resounding throughout the room, "We make haste for Vigilus, leading the invasion into the corrupt, immoral Imperium! Abaddon, Our Warmaster, has tasked with silencing the mewling welps that inhabit the Beta Gamma V astropathic relay, and of course we will." Our captain smirks, as he brings forth a hololithic display of the station. Low murmurs started among the surrounding legionaries as the defensive units and armament figures began to scroll next to the ghostly building. Even I, not more than six months into my carapace, could recognize the steep odds we faced. 

Dural nodded slowly, his smile growing. "Yes Brothers, this will be no easy task. But by the Will of the Warmaster it will be done.  Besides the mortals there, my warp whisperers tell that the Shattered Suns, may the Plague god curse them, have a presence as well. The named chapter caused low growls and even a few of the oldest warriors to spit upon the floor, their acidic bile fizzing in the silence. My sergeant, Ar'dash let loose a low whistle. 

The name Shattered Suns had little meaning for me, though I knew that they had thrice thwarted our attempts in operations outside the Eye, though we had returned the favor when the Word Bearers had allowed us to assist in the ambush that nearly wiped out the thinbloods.  Truly, my first combat operation would be a war. 

Dural turned and began to pace, crossing his arms across his chest, "Brothers, Abaddon wants this facility's throat slit before his arrival. We are to bleed the wretches and ensure they have no voice in no less than eighty days. We will not fail the Warmaster again." He looks to my squad, and for a moment, his gaze lingers on me. 

"Sergeant Ar'Dash, since you and your men performed so admirably the last time we were sent by the Warmaster, your squad will be the tip of the spear for this operation. You will disable the air defenses and void shields, ensuring that the rest of the Warband may arrive unopposed. Plus, this will be valuable experience for Vrijalko's replacement." 

I heard Jirta let out a low curse, and the strain on Lo'ten's face did not bode well. Our sergeant stepped forward, his teak skin pinched, and his eyes hollow. He bows theatrically, though his anxiety bleeds through the gesture. "Of course my Lord. We would be honored to draw first blood." 

Behind me, Algol let loose a groan. My stomach dropped as I came to realize that we were not being honored, we were being punished. 

46603825905_838d946622_z.jpg

[Pict Capture of Gurs Ar'Dash, Sergeant XVI Legio, and Black Legion]

47466570502_40cc33d4ed_z.jpg

[Legionary Algol, Warband of the Blinded Eye]

Solid start. Looking forward to seeing more soon! :tu:

I'm assuming that since they're the Warband of the Blinded Eye and their leader mentions the Plague God they're followers of Nurgle to a certain extent?

Oh yeah! Happy to see this come about!

Thanks!

Solid start. Looking forward to seeing more soon! :thumbsup:

I'm assuming that since they're the Warband of the Blinded Eye and their leader mentions the Plague God they're followers of Nurgle to a certain extent?

Well yes, but also no lol. I see them the same way Abaddon is, the Gods are just another tool in the arsenal. There are lots of cult troops in the warband. The idea behind the blinded eye is rooted in mythology, and will become more clear when the Warbands psykers show up. 

Archived