Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Rumour Engine - 2nd April, 2019

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,475 posts

I don't see Fabius joining back with the EC there is way to much hate there on both sides.

As much as Mortarion and Typhus? If they could get those two in the same codex than I am sure Fabius and Fulgrim in the same codex. I imagine it will be more like how Mortarion leads a more Plague Marine focused army and Typhus a Poxwalker army, if that makes any sense.

The thing is that Typhus is a (very) willing servant of Nurgle, and Mortarion seems aware of the fact that they're both puppets of the Plaguefather's will, so if Nurgle says they gotta work together, they do so. Same with Ahriman. He might have been exiled, but he was still loyal to his Legion and searching for a way to reverse the Rubric. The moment Magnus accepted him back he had no issue joining him because he never had an issue in the first place.

Bile on the other hand rejects the Chaos Gods, and serves no one but himself, while Fulgrim is far more gone than Mortarion or Magnus. Even Khârn is more likely to rejoin under Angron's banner, and he was the reason the World Eaters shattered into warbands.

Edit: I checked the (new) Codex, he doesn't have the Emperor's Children keyword there.

Edited by DeadFingers, 02 April 2019 - 09:13 PM.

Borbarad

Borbarad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 259 posts

As per GW narrative, Lucius is the EC posterboy. Fabius was associated with EC in origin only; he ought to origniate somewhere, doesn't he.

For what I can remember, he wasn't an EC rules-wise since the 2nd edition (i.e. ever).

If it's Fabius then I as a generic chaos 3rd wave release amongst bikers, mutilators and maybe other things.

• Panzer likes this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,286 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Typhus was always, however, part of the Death Guard. He had a personal schism with Mortarion but did not renounce his Legion or God. Fabius, conversely, abandoned his Legion. His entire lore has been built up around his hatred of Chaos, his refusal to acknowledge the Chaos Gods, and his work for anybody that can afford to pay his price. They could twist the lore to put him in a prospective EC Codex but it would be a significant backflip. I'd rather he stay in vanilla CSM.

Re: the hype as well, I've seen it pointed out elsewhere, there is a faction in the upcoming Sigmar game 'Warcry' with a flayed face as its symbol. We know that's coming in the summer, so probably best to keep the excitement down for now as it could quite possibly be related to this.

Spoiler

• Bryan Blaire, D3L, Panzer and 1 other like this

bRxSYDV.png

Ezr91aeL

Ezr91aeL

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 421 posts
  • Faction: Custodes

Typhus was always, however, part of the Death Guard. He had a personal schism with Mortarion but did not renounce his Legion or God. Fabius, conversely, abandoned his Legion. His entire lore has been built up around his hatred of Chaos, his refusal to acknowledge the Chaos Gods, and his work for anybody that can afford to pay his price. They could twist the lore to put him in a prospective EC Codex but it would be a significant backflip. I'd rather he stay in vanilla CSM.

Re: the hype as well, I've seen it pointed out elsewhere, there is a faction in the upcoming Sigmar game 'Warcry' with a flayed face as its symbol. We know that's coming in the summer, so probably best to keep the excitement down for now as it could quite possibly be related to this.

[img CUT]

Well, it sounds quite possible expecially if you look at this symbol.

jD1p4F9.jpg

Edited by Ezr91aeL, 02 April 2019 - 10:19 PM.

XE7g3TN.jpg2NgmmVH.jpgYlmK7vQ.jpgJfEE2FS.jpg

PJ1933

PJ1933

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,171 posts

Spoiler

Your doing this wrong.

More hype, BILL IS BACK, yes fabulous BILL, the one and only at the head of his new Primaris CSM army!!!!

Now thats how you do it GW style

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,038 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

I still say Warcry, under the flayed skin  the image  you can see another layer of cloth, Fabius didnt have extra layers on. When I mentioned it to staff today the manager said she wants it to be Fabius, as soon as I mentioned Warcry she was all 'yyyeaaaaaaahhh you couuuld be right' whilst looking shifty, mind you staff know less than the rest of us these days so her reaction might just be me reading more into it. 

I want it to be Fabius myself though, but that face looks sooo derpy it hurts. 

As for Heinrich being dead... So is Tycho, Eldrad died during the 13th Black Crusade and that got retconned so I wouldnt put it past GW to revive a dead character, especially as he is an Undead character, but thats goin off topic so hit me up via PM if anybody wants to debate/discuss this further.

If it is Warcry or Heinrich though one of you owes me a Marsbar. :D

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,475 posts

As for Heinrich being dead... So is Tycho, Eldrad died during the 13th Black Crusade and that got retconned so I wouldnt put it past GW to revive a dead character, especially as he is an Undead character, but thats goin off topic so hit me up via PM if anybody wants to debate/discuss this further.

Kemmler would be a curious character to bring back since the last thing he did before getting evaporated by Arkhan was siding with Chaos, so I guess he'd bring Chaos Undead into the mix? That'd be a strange development.

But on topic, what if it is Dark Eldar? Maybe not for a big release or anything, as I doubt they'll get one any time soon, but a character like the Wake the Dead Farseer, for either a similar box or for Kill Team.

Edited by DeadFingers, 03 April 2019 - 12:30 AM.

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,038 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Cheeky Vect?? Apoc is coming back and they can finally re do his mini.

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

the emperor is scottish

the emperor is scottish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 507 posts

As much as I would love this to be Fabius with some altered warriors I think it might have more to do with the slannesh daemon release or something to do with AoS. The trumpet looking thing from last month look Elven. Perhaps there's going to be a joint release of 'High elves' and 'dark elves' 

JaM_naf#6121

JaM_naf#6121

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 976 posts

I'd love to have Cypher and Bile in a single army. And yes, please upgraded marines. Or bring back the metal ones, I only managed to snag 1 box a while ago. :) Tin for the win!

I don't do signatures, sorry.

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,090 posts

Folks should check out the new Regimental Standard article. 

https://www.warhamme...temptation-kit/

Nothing solid, obviously, but they certainly want us thinking about Slaanesh and the Emperor's Children.

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Slaanesh, yes. EC, I'm not too sure as they even released an article with kitbashed Noise Marines today as well. sweat.gif

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,974 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG
Let's get back to the rumor.

I was thinking, could it possible be a new EC unit? DG and 1kSons got new units/models, so maybe EC have new ones too.
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,475 posts

I was thinking, could it possible be a new EC unit? DG and 1kSons got new units/models, so maybe EC have new ones too.

That's not even a "maybe", it's a guarantee. They can't have a Codex of their own with just Fulgrim, Lucius and Noise Marines, plus whatever units they borrow from the CSM lineup. That'd just be exactly what they are in the CSM Codex plus Fulgrim.

Edited by DeadFingers, 03 April 2019 - 08:57 PM.

ShibeKing

ShibeKing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 326 posts

Wishing it was something Dark Eldar related. Sad to see it's probably an EC release.

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,044 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)

That's not even a "maybe", it's a guarantee. They can't have a Codex of their own with just Fulgrim, Lucius and Noise Marines, plus whatever units they borrow from the CSM lineup. That'd just be exactly what they are in the CSM Codex plus Fulgrim.
He means perhaps the facecloak will be on a new unit, not bile :)

Man, some skin-clad Terminators could look rather epic, and both ECs and NLs would be fighting over them
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Cpt_Reaper

Cpt_Reaper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,325 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Shadow
I don't expect to see anything related to Emperor's Children released for a good while now. With the Chaos 2.0 dex including their rules I can't see anything new for them. The fact noise marine parts fit the new chaos marines also gives me the impression they aren't being updated soon.

So my vote is for Dark Eldar, or more likely something AoS related.
  • D3L likes this

Boytoy

Boytoy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 247 posts
  • Faction: SW/DE/GSC/Chaos
Could still be EC related, the wait time for rumour engine stuff can be pretty lengthy. However, I think this is either Slaanesh or Warcry related

gallery_48988_10069_2782.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users