+ Necromunda: News, Previews and New Releases thread +

Ranulf

More Enforcers:

NecroSumpCity-Apr9-HeaderNEW6hjvr.jpg

Law in the Imperium is enforced in a million different ways – the cruel whims of each planetary governor dictating how the Lex Imperialis is implemented on their world. Few are more cruel than Lord Helmawr of Necromunda, and the forthcoming Book of Judgement fleshes out how his Palanite Enforcers keep the peace. Today, we delve into this new publication to look at Necromunda’s various law enforcers.

Enforcers

The Palanite Enforcers are more akin to Lord Helmawr’s personal army than a police force, and they take great pleasure in brutally enforcing his sadistic will. Chosen from those hivers who show exceptional strength of will and initiative,* Enforcers are put through a savage training regime. Only those who emerge stronger are sent out onto the streets.

Necromunda-EnforcerLaw-July31-Pg59-f43d.

Once out on patrol, Enforcers are equipped with some of the finest weapons available, ranging from concussion carbines, used to break up gang violence,** to boltguns and shotguns, which they use to raid the various criminal rackets of the underhive. Once deployed, justice is swift and violent, for only fear of such merciless reprisals keeps the billions of desperate souls in line.

Necromunda-EnforcerLaw-July31-Quotes2des

Each patrol is under the command of an Enforcer Captain and operates out of a local precinct-fortress. These Captains are given a broad remit when it comes to suppressing crime*** and they will employ sniper teams, demolition crews and kill squads as they see fit. In fact, by the decree of Lord Helmawr, the Enforcers are judge, jury and executioner on the streets of Necromunda.

Subjugators

If a larger disturbance needs to be quelled, Subjugators are called in. Wearing thicker armour and carrying even more brutal weaponry, Subjugators merrily wade into a crowd to crack heads. Only the most remorseless Enforcers**** are assigned to Subjugator teams and they take a great deal of delight in the carnage that they cause. 

Adeptus Arbites

Feared throughout the galaxy, the Adeptus Arbites are responsible for enforcing Imperial law across the entire Imperium. Only concerned with interplanetary criminals and enforcing the Lex Imperialis, their remit is far above that of the street-level Enforcers. The trivialities of gang warfare are so beneath them that they probably wouldn’t even acknowledge the existence of any issues in the underhive unless they threaten to become planetary unrest.

As long as Necromunda remains loyal to the God-Emperor and the Imperial tithe is paid on time, the Arbites let Lord Helmawr run the planet as he sees fit. While a ganger may have several run-ins with Enforcers, the chances of them ever seeing an Arbitrator are slim. Those who do better hope that they have made their peace with the God-Emperor, because it means they’ve committed a crime so heinous that there’s only one sentence.

If you want to crack down on crime in the underhive, you’ll be able to order the Palanite Enforcers and The Book of Judgement from Saturday. Whether you’re rule-abiding or not, you should grab a copy of the Necromunda rulebook, but if you think that the only law is that might makes right then pick up a Goliath gang and get ready to fight back against the crackdown.

Necromunda-EnforcerLaw-July31-model3sf.j

* Of course, these also just happen to be the attributes that make great criminals!
** With more violence.
*** Although, as they say in the underhive, “it’s only a crime if you get caught”.
**** And that’s really saying something!

The Enforcer artwork is really cool, the muted/muddy yellow works much better for me. I can't wait for the book!

• 2 weeks later...

NecromundaFAQ-Dec11-Header5nf.jpg

From galactic heights to the depths of the underhive, it looks like trouble is brewing in Necromunda as well…

The lower you go in Necromunda, the worse things get. Given that even the upper-crustiest spire noble really is a monster, it’s starting from a pretty bad place. Something terrifying (even by the standards of the underhive!) is coming, and even stubbers, grit and a cool mohawk won’t be enough to stand in its way…

Ok, any ideas guys?? Only thing I can think of is the Ash Wastes supplement and doubt were gonna be seeing that any time soon. 

''From galactic heights to the depths of the underhive, it looks like trouble is brewing in Necromunda as well…

The lower you go in Necromunda, the worse things get. Given that even the upper-crustiest spire noble really is a monster, it’s starting from a pretty bad place. Something terrifying (even by the standards of the underhive!) is coming, and even stubbers, grit and a cool mohawk won’t be enough to stand in its way…''

Any ideas guys? Only thing I can think of is the Ash Wastes supplement, but I dont think we will be seeing that any time soon, maybe something Scavvy or another Sump dwelling faction? 

''From galactic heights to the depths of the underhive, it looks like trouble is brewing in Necromunda as well…

The lower you go in Necromunda, the worse things get. Given that even the upper-crustiest spire noble really is a monster, it’s starting from a pretty bad place. Something terrifying (even by the standards of the underhive!) is coming, and even stubbers, grit and a cool mohawk won’t be enough to stand in its way…''

Any ideas guys? Only thing I can think of is the Ash Wastes supplement, but I dont think we will be seeing that any time soon, maybe something Scavvy or another Sump dwelling faction?

The video said "The Lord of Skin and Sinew comes", which makes me think it's going to be something that's very body-horror, especially if that model silhouette was any indication....

The video said "The Lord of Skin and Sinew comes", which makes me think it's going to be something that's very body-horror, especially if that model silhouette was any indication....

Karloth Valois?

-Ran

Actual Chaos Cultists and not just DV reuse? Though they have given us plenty of alternatives in recent months.

Or Scalies and mutants would be my guess.

It's almost certainly the Khornate butcher cults that infest Hive Arcos.

I wish I could get more excited for Necromunda releases, but they seem determined to push on ahead and not bother to fill in the gaps of older stuff. Still only one Brute and one Exotic Beast. Pretty soon we'll be 4 books deep (discounting the rulebook) and they still haven't done the basic stuff from Gangs of the Underhive.

Between that, sloppy and rushed rules, the endless Hired Gun spam (more awful rules) and accessories that sell out the second they come off of pre-order*, my enthusiasm for this game is somewhere in the gutter. I'm seriously considering just flogging everything but the models on eBay. So sad because they have some fantastic ideas and directions to take the game, but they don't seem to have the will/resources to execute it well.

* this one is the huge issue imo. It's a barrier to new players because they can't get the tactics cards for their gangs, as well as additional rules like the Underdog cards. They need to stop dragging their heels and lining the pockets of eBay scalpers and do second runs of the cards that have disappeared. But they won't because they'd rather just release new books and hired guns.

• 1 month later...

The corpse grinders are pretty much exactly what I've been waiting for. I will probably replace some of the heads as I feel they are slightly to big and outlandish.

The terrain and enforcers are a happy bonus. I'm 100% for these.

Probably pick up a box of the Blackstone cultists as well.