Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

+ Necromunda: News, Previews and New Releases thread +

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,149 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos and Wolves

Even though the Enforcers vs Flesh whatchamacallems set will IMHO be overpriced I NEED that scenery, thats how younger me imagined Necromunda to look back when I read the Confrontation articles way back when, that and tunnels. 

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!!'' - Dennis the Peasant, England. 932 A.D.

Lord Ranulf

Lord Ranulf

++ EQUESTER CANEO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,832 posts

I'm fighting hard to resist buying the Dark Rising box as I really, really don't need an even larger pile of shame. 

Although I could always sell the Cultists. That would make the purchase more acceptable right?

Right?

-Ran

gallery_48988_15465_712.png ZIbfbQY.jpg L_T_4_2019_Medal.gif

noigrim

noigrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,841 posts
  • Faction: Marines , Custodes, Guard, IK
Yoooouu caaan get cheeaper cultists uuusing pooxwalker

Sense%2Bt%C3%ADtol%2B%282%29.pngETL_2015_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpgUntitled-1.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_08_L_T_2013.gifL_T_3_2017_Medals.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_48988_15151_1303.pngZg0FFzL.jpggallery_48988_15465_10777.png

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,149 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
C'mon GW just release it already, lets play Necromunda the way it was intended!!
At least I wont be givin my money to Mantic for their crappy scenery that falls apart as soon as a fly farts near it anymore.

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,149 posts

Nevermind, £175 is a pisstake, hope you choke on your arrogance GW, I'd sooner give my money to a homeless junkie. 

• Zebulon and noigrim like this

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Cadius

Cadius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 112 posts

Also, do those little Cultists look like a Juve-equivalent to anyone else?

-Ran

ya looks like they could be easily converted into Goliath Juves

x3aDeGlt.png

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,441 posts

-Ran

That's because they are juves for the Corpse Grinders laugh.png

Also: So a purely melee gang aside from the Juves?

Hooo boy, these guys are gonna be hell to play unless you're doing super dense terrain with plenty of LOS blocking.

Edited by Gederas, 05 November 2019 - 02:16 PM.

Lord Ranulf

Lord Ranulf

++ EQUESTER CANEO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,832 posts

-Ran

My powers of deduction are as sharp as ever.

I really hope this leads to a re-release of juve/champion/leader kits for the House Gangs...

-Ran

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,441 posts

My powers of deduction are as sharp as ever.

I really hope this leads to a re-release of juve/champion/leader kits for the House Gangs...

-Ran

Indeed they are Ranulf :lol:

And I do hope so as well. That'd be cool.

That being said, I'm.... Actually contemplating getting Dark Uprising.

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,606 posts

Not exactly Necromunda, but as close to a carapace armoured Escher as we're likely to get. Found her on Reddit. I've no idea if/when she'll be released.

p6z7i9hqz0x31.jpg

• Slave to Darkness and Elzender like this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,441 posts

We also just got the Subjugators focus.

Quite interesting these guys.

Lord Ranulf

Lord Ranulf

++ EQUESTER CANEO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,832 posts

We also just got the Subjugators focus.

Quite interesting these guys.

I'm a fan of them all bar the dude with the Assault Ram - the engineering on the under-slung 'nade launcher barrel better be on point or he's going to get a nasty surprise when he fires the weapon. ;)

-Ran 

• Cadius likes this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,149 posts

Not exactly Necromunda, but as close to a carapace armoured Escher as we're likely to get. Found her on Reddit. I've no idea if/when she'll be released.

p6z7i9hqz0x31.jpg

Oh yes!!! I need that. Im thinking Mad Donna conversion maybe. OR give her a whip and she can be a Slanneshii Dominatrix. 

• Reyner likes this

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Lord Ranulf

Lord Ranulf

++ EQUESTER CANEO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,832 posts

For all the Becca Scott fans, there's a new How-to-Play for Necromunda: Dark Uprising on Necromunda.com.

-Ran

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 970 posts
I'm guessing the Escher bounty hunter (whose name escapes me right now) was inspired by that artwork, because the over the top hairstyle, green armour and carrying an axe look suspiciously similar :D.

Edit: using the phone so did not realize at first sight. She even has the same style of legging, which funnily enough the AoS miniature is lacking :D.

Edited by Elzender, 07 November 2019 - 10:35 PM.

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

Cadius

Cadius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 112 posts

I'm guessing the Escher bounty hunter (whose name escapes me right now) was inspired by that artwork, because the over the top hairstyle, green armour and carrying an axe look suspiciously similar biggrin.png.

Edit: using the phone so did not realize at first sight. She even has the same style of legging, which funnily enough the AoS miniature is lacking biggrin.png.

Bella Donna is the Escher Bounty Hunter

x3aDeGlt.png

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 835 posts
Call me boring, but apart from Orlock and Goliath house gangs, the new CGC and possibly generic Chaos too, not many of the gangs inspire me. What I really want to do is, when and if we get better sacaled IG, using Rein and Raus, an ogryn or bullygryn and the new IG models to do counts as Necromundan Spyders deserters, venator gang. Deserters had rules in the Ash Wastes expansion and I always thought it was really cool.

Edited by Captain Smashy Pants, 08 November 2019 - 08:14 AM.

gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lord Ranulf

Lord Ranulf

++ EQUESTER CANEO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,832 posts

Building the Underhive - WarCom article outlining the terrain contents of the new boxed set.

-Ran

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,606 posts

Call me boring, but apart from Orlock and Goliath house gangs, the new CGC and possibly generic Chaos too, not many of the gangs inspire me. What I really want to do is, when and if we get better sacaled IG, using Rein and Raus, an ogryn or bullygryn and the new IG models to do counts as Necromundan Spyders deserters, venator gang. Deserters had rules in the Ash Wastes expansion and I always thought it was really cool.

I felt that way too, except it was Van Saar that was the only gang I was interested in. Then I got the old box with the Goliath's and Escher and started assembling and converting. Theyr'e fantastic models. I may have (many) issues with the rules and support of the game, but the models released so far have mostly been fantastic*. I ended up doing both Goliath and Escher and haven't ever got any Van Saar, even though I had almost zero interest in them before getting the models.

* I don't think anyone can call the psi-hound fantastic. Unless you painted him green and went round sliming Venkman.

noigrim

noigrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,841 posts
  • Faction: Marines , Custodes, Guard, IK
I'd like to make some spyrer gang using, eldar bodies maybe?

Sense%2Bt%C3%ADtol%2B%282%29.pngETL_2015_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpgUntitled-1.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_08_L_T_2013.gifL_T_3_2017_Medals.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_48988_15151_1303.pngZg0FFzL.jpggallery_48988_15465_10777.png

Cadius

Cadius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 112 posts

I'd like to make some spyrer gang using, eldar bodies maybe?

mix of Eldar and Tau would fit the descriptions better with a smattering of Necron

x3aDeGlt.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users