+ Necromunda: News, Previews and New Releases thread +

Ranulf

Even though the Enforcers vs Flesh whatchamacallems set will IMHO be overpriced I NEED that scenery, thats how younger me imagined Necromunda to look back when I read the Confrontation articles way back when, that and tunnels. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm fighting hard to resist buying the Dark Rising box as I really, really don't need an even larger pile of shame. 

Although I could always sell the Cultists. That would make the purchase more acceptable right?

Right?

-Ran

C'mon GW just release it already, lets play Necromunda the way it was intended!!

At least I wont be givin my money to Mantic for their crappy scenery that falls apart as soon as a fly farts near it anymore.

Also, do those little Cultists look like a Juve-equivalent to anyone else?

-Ran

ya looks like they could be easily converted into Goliath Juves

That's because they are juves for the Corpse Grinders :laugh.:

Also: So a purely melee gang aside from the Juves?

Hooo boy, these guys are gonna be hell to play unless you're doing super dense terrain with plenty of LOS blocking.

Edited by Gederas

Also, do those little Cultists look like a Juve-equivalent to anyone else?

-Ran

ya looks like they could be easily converted into Goliath Juves

My powers of deduction are as sharp as ever.

I really hope this leads to a re-release of juve/champion/leader kits for the House Gangs...

-Ran

My powers of deduction are as sharp as ever.

I really hope this leads to a re-release of juve/champion/leader kits for the House Gangs...

-Ran

Indeed they are Ranulf :lol:

And I do hope so as well. That'd be cool.

That being said, I'm.... Actually contemplating getting Dark Uprising.

We also just got the Subjugators focus.

Quite interesting these guys.

I'm a fan of them all bar the dude with the Assault Ram - the engineering on the under-slung 'nade launcher barrel better be on point or he's going to get a nasty surprise when he fires the weapon. ;)

-Ran 

Not exactly Necromunda, but as close to a carapace armoured Escher as we're likely to get. Found her on Reddit. I've no idea if/when she'll be released.

p6z7i9hqz0x31.jpg

Oh yes!!! I need that. Im thinking Mad Donna conversion maybe. OR give her a whip and she can be a Slanneshii Dominatrix. 

I'm guessing the Escher bounty hunter (whose name escapes me right now) was inspired by that artwork, because the over the top hairstyle, green armour and carrying an axe look suspiciously similar :D.

Edit: using the phone so did not realize at first sight. She even has the same style of legging, which funnily enough the AoS miniature is lacking :D.

Edited by Elzender

I'm guessing the Escher bounty hunter (whose name escapes me right now) was inspired by that artwork, because the over the top hairstyle, green armour and carrying an axe look suspiciously similar :biggrin.:.

Edit: using the phone so did not realize at first sight. She even has the same style of legging, which funnily enough the AoS miniature is lacking :biggrin.:.

Bella Donna is the Escher Bounty Hunter

Call me boring, but apart from Orlock and Goliath house gangs, the new CGC and possibly generic Chaos too, not many of the gangs inspire me. What I really want to do is, when and if we get better sacaled IG, using Rein and Raus, an ogryn or bullygryn and the new IG models to do counts as Necromundan Spyders deserters, venator gang. Deserters had rules in the Ash Wastes expansion and I always thought it was really cool. Edited by Captain Smashy Pants

Call me boring, but apart from Orlock and Goliath house gangs, the new CGC and possibly generic Chaos too, not many of the gangs inspire me. What I really want to do is, when and if we get better sacaled IG, using Rein and Raus, an ogryn or bullygryn and the new IG models to do counts as Necromundan Spyders deserters, venator gang. Deserters had rules in the Ash Wastes expansion and I always thought it was really cool.

I felt that way too, except it was Van Saar that was the only gang I was interested in. Then I got the old box with the Goliath's and Escher and started assembling and converting. Theyr'e fantastic models. I may have (many) issues with the rules and support of the game, but the models released so far have mostly been fantastic*. I ended up doing both Goliath and Escher and haven't ever got any Van Saar, even though I had almost zero interest in them before getting the models.

* I don't think anyone can call the psi-hound fantastic. Unless you painted him green and went round sliming Venkman.

• 3 weeks later...

Call me boring, but apart from Orlock and Goliath house gangs, the new CGC and possibly generic Chaos too, not many of the gangs inspire me. What I really want to do is, when and if we get better sacaled IG, using Rein and Raus, an ogryn or bullygryn and the new IG models to do counts as Necromundan Spyders deserters, venator gang. Deserters had rules in the Ash Wastes expansion and I always thought it was really cool.

I am currently working on some GSC vehicles and Orlocks in combination as a kind of fairly derivative Mad Max / Ash Waste Nomads type gang. I don’t know if I can play them as such but again it’s mostly just for the craic, as they say...

Just read the Book of Ruin rulebook, and I was rather disappointed with its content. If often refers to and builds on the Dark Uprising campaign, but does not explain or outline it. As far as I can tell, those rules are available only in the Dark Uprising box.

I thought the whole point of the hardback books was that you've have all rules without needing to buy a boxed game?

Just read the Book of Ruin rulebook, and I was rather disappointed with its content. If often refers to and builds on the Dark Uprising campaign, but does not explain or outline it. As far as I can tell, those rules are available only in the Dark Uprising box.

I thought the whole point of the hardback books was that you've have all rules without needing to buy a boxed game?

Yep it's a shameless cash grab

dang it, looks like I just might have to buy the Dark Uprising Box, of course I'll be off loading the Corpse Grinders and maybe the Enforcers.

You may be able to buy the rules and the terrain separately online - there are resellers that buy boxes and split their contents.  I've bought the chaos side of Shadowspear and the slaanesh side of Wrath and Rapture that way, each for roughly 1/2 the cost of the respective boxes.