Adeptus Custodes Community Survey 2019

Most everyone has already posted what I want to see changed, the only thing I have to add is that I personally would like to see dreadnoughts benefit from the invulnerable save improvement when running a pure detachment. That seems like the custodes equivalent to chapter tactics, and other chapter tactics cover infantry, bikes, and dreads.

I agree, would happily see the telemon go to a 5++ base and then improve to a 4++ in a pure Custodes detachment an the Contemptors also, and I'd also like to see them all get Ob Sec, appreciate that 4++ Contemptors may require a slight points increase, and I already mentioned above they should go back to 12 wounds, the marine relic contemptor is 12, how are Custodes ones not relics exactly.

Actually, Telemon got a base 4++ with the rule

Reinforced Atomantic Shielding: This model has a 4+ invulnerable save.

so basically you already have it.

Most everyone has already posted what I want to see changed, the only thing I have to add is that I personally would like to see dreadnoughts benefit from the invulnerable save improvement when running a pure detachment. That seems like the custodes equivalent to chapter tactics, and other chapter tactics cover infantry, bikes, and dreads.

I agree, would happily see the telemon go to a 5++ base and then improve to a 4++ in a pure Custodes detachment an the Contemptors also, and I'd also like to see them all get Ob Sec, appreciate that 4++ Contemptors may require a slight points increase, and I already mentioned above they should go back to 12 wounds, the marine relic contemptor is 12, how are Custodes ones not relics exactly.

Actually, Telemon got a base 4++ with the rule

Reinforced Atomantic Shielding: This model has a 4+ invulnerable save.

so basically you already have it.

Yes but the point is if you included the dreads in the +1 inv and objective secured rule that infantry and bikes get like they should have from the start, then a telemon as it is would go to a 3++, which would frankly be ridiculous, hence why I said for it to go to a 5++ and then come back to a 4++ once in the detachment.

My recommendations...

Units
Custodian Guard: 35ppm (down from 40ppm) [become 45 with Sword/Shield or Spear].
Custodian Wardens: 43ppm - stay as they are.
Allarus Terminators: 60ppm (down from 65ppm) [become 70 with Spears or 72 with Axes].
Vertus Praetors: 70-75ppm (down from 80ppm) - the bikes are too expensive for what they do. They shoot great against 5ppm horde units, but paying 450pts to clear 200pts of screens is pretty average.
Venerable Land Raider: 250pts max (down from 334pts).

Wargear
Sentinel Blade: 5ppm (down from 7ppm) - far too expensive for what it does.
Storm Shield (non-Characters): 5ppm (down from 10ppm)
Guardian Spear: 10ppm (down from 12ppm); allow it to use beta bolter rules.

Castellan Axe: 12ppm (down from 14ppm); allow it to use beta bolter rules.

Misericordia: 2ppm (down from 4ppm).

Vexila Imperius: 30pts (down from 50). Far too expensive for +1A.

Salvo Launcher: make it Heavy 2 for the melta missile. Heavy 4 for the flakk missile.

Upgrades/Rule Tweaks

Chosen of the Emperor (1CP) new stratagem - Introduce an ability to allow a unit to pile in again and fight for a second time. 

Protectors of Terra (2CP) new stratagem - gives a unit +1 to invulnerable saves for a phase (max 3++).

Shoulder the Mantle - Allow Trajann Valoris to shoulder the mantle. This is a silly oversight.

Vexila Teleport Homer - Clarify if it supersedes 12" deep strike denial caused by omniscopes and similar abilities.

Relics: Consider giving them some new/modified relics. Apart from 3-4, the rest are complete rubbish. For example, let the relic banners stack with the ones from the data sheet. That'd be interesting (more combinations to experiment with).

There's probably more, but any of the above would be good. (I don't play much FW, so I cannot comment on it.)

Archived