Chaos Thundehammers

So now that we have access to thunder hammers, I will definetly be building myself a chaos lord armed with one. Question is though, what are some good bits for making a chaos looking thunder hammer? I was thinking the wraithmonger kit from AoS might be good, whole lot of big hammer heads in there. Chaos knights also might be decent, number of maul looking weapons that could fit in as a hammer. Anyone else have some ideas?

Yeah I was thinking those hammers are the best option, just wondering if maybe there's something I'm missing. 

It's definitely a nice kit but I'll probably just ask a friend who plays Blades of Khorne for some, he made a bunch of wrathmongers into the other option from that kit so he's bound to have some spare hammers. 

So now that we have access to thunder hammers, I will definetly be building myself a chaos lord armed with one. Question is though, what are some good bits for making a chaos looking thunder hammer? I was thinking the wraithmonger kit from AoS might be good, whole lot of big hammer heads in there. Chaos knights also might be decent, number of maul looking weapons that could fit in as a hammer. Anyone else have some ideas?

Another idea....if it's a Khorne lord, then build him out of a Skullgrinder. I believe a flaming daemonic anvil swung around on a chain should qualify as a Thunder Hammer. :)

You could use the one from the GW MKIII space marine kit, it has that old tech vibe that most CSM equipment should have. (Plus it's in plastic)

I was just looking through my MkIV sprues I have from awhile back and was sad to see no thunder hammer in them, nice that the MkIII set has one. Definitely another potential option if I want to go for a more classic thunder hammer look. 

Skullgrinder would be perfect for a khorne lord, but I'm trying to go chaos undivided for this lord. 

If Terminator-Armoured:

I stuck the Helbrute Hammer head on the top of the Terminator Sorcerer's staff. Worked perfectly.

But yeah, the Skullgrinder is PERFECT for a Khornate lord with Thunder Hammer.

If Terminator-Armoured:

I stuck the Helbrute Hammer head on the top of the Terminator Sorcerer's staff. Worked perfectly.

Unfortunately, thunder hammers are not in the Terminator Weapons list. It's weird and makes no sense, but that's how it is...

Archived