Non-TS Rubrics changed in Codex CSM 2.0

Hey folks, it looks like Codex CSM 2.0 changed the Rubric datasheet in there to match ours. They now cannot have Force Axes or Force Swords on their Aspirings, and they need 10 men for a Soulreaper. Looks like everything is finally consistent, making ours mostly better given the extra power and the extra range on Smite (though theirs can get some interesting Legion Traits).

Sucks to be a TS player who still has metal Champions then if you cant take swords.

Index Datasheet allows them to use Power Swords....

Yep. We'll see how long the Index lasts. As someone who has a double digit number of the old metal Aspiring Sorcerers, I have no problem taking some tin snips and a file to them to swap in some staves if I have too.

I forget, wasn't there something TS got that CSM Rubrics did not get? Maybe it was access to the TS legion trait though I thought there was something else.

It was my understanding that CSM Rubrics only have access to mini-Smite, whereas TS Rubrics can access the mini-spells of the Discipline of Change. Of course, this may have changed with CSM 2.0. Edited by Kite Senet

I forget, wasn't there something TS got that CSM Rubrics did not get? Maybe it was access to the TS legion trait though I thought there was something else.

It was my understanding that CSM Rubrics only have access to mini-Smite, whereas TS Rubrics can access the mini-spells of the Discipline of Change. Of course, this may have changed with CSM 2.0.

Ours get one power from Change in addition to mini-Smite. Theirs only get mini-Smite.

I still find it to be highly desirable.

Especially at the old 5-man team CSM used to have, there is was amazing.

Basically, the added firepower is almost as much as an improvement as 2 more guys, as you replace 2 S4AP2 shots with 4 S5AP3 shots. double the number, better stats-and you are not restricted by movement.

Given that a dude is 18, and the gun upgrade is 8, its a pretty hefty upgrade.

Also, bolter discipline is still beta, and not part of the "official" game, so any turny is unlikely to run it.

TBH that's not really an issue in my opinion. WIth the current beta bolter rule, the reaper canon is less of a must have than it may have been.

For Scarabs I'd agree, however moving rubrics still only get one shot. 

Sucks to be a TS player who still has metal Champions then if you cant take swords.

Yep. We'll see how long the Index lasts. As someone who has a double digit number of the old metal Aspiring Sorcerers, I have no problem taking some tin snips and a file to them to swap in some staves if I have too.

Well, "counts as" is still a thing. Anybody except "that guy" will allow you to play them with "Force Staves", just talk your opponent through the issue before the game. You might want to check with a TO in advance, but I really do not see it being a problem.

And even in the cases where this fails: they still work perfectly fine as legal sorcerers, "normal" or exalted.

P.S.: Isn't it funny how the artwork below the unit entry (check page 141) shows the sorcerer wielding a sword - which he can no longer legally field?

Edited by WarriorFish
Do not dodge the swear filter

Well, "counts as" is still a thing. Anybody except "that guy" will allow you to play them with "Force Staves", just talk your opponent through the issue before the game. You might want to check with a TO in advance, but I really do not see it being a problem.

And even in the cases where this fails: they still work perfectly fine as legal sorcerers, "normal" or exalted.

P.S.: Isn't it funny how the artwork below the unit entry (check page 141) shows the sorcerer wielding a sword - which he can no longer legally field?

I ALSO own a double digit number of the old 2nd Ed metal sorcerers, so if I want those, I've already got them. LOL.  Modding the "little guys" will actually be fun. :)

I hate to say this but we have to be careful and doublecheck on stuff in the new Chaos Codex. I have it as well and when I found Oblits were 65 points I realized there's probably a few copy/paste errors in it.

Hi, at least it spares us the pain of "If I only ran my rubrics as purge/scourged/alpha they could be so much better MSU"

Certainly had to tone down those rampant MSU Rubrics spamming Soul reaper Cannons. Because you know no other power armor gets a heavy weapon at 5 models. It's good though finally maybe some Castellans and Ynnari lists will make it to the top tables and we will get some diversity.

Is this a joke? Tactical marines and CSM get one heavy weapon per 5 models, Noise Marines too.

It is, Raven1's whole post was sarcastic. No one was taking MSU Rubrics, other power armor units get heavy weapons 1 per 5, tons of people take Ynnari and Castellans.

I'm actually referring to the traits, not the heavy weapon requirements. Rubric marines with The Scourged trait is kinda awesome.

For that trait, and it is a good one, you lose ObSec, a proper psychic power and 6" of range on the power and the baby smite. That is pretty much. The trait also slows the game down needlessly, if you play it as written. You have to roll each inferno boltgun separately.

Edited by Quixus