Non-TS Rubrics changed in Codex CSM 2.0

I'm actually referring to the traits, not the heavy weapon requirements. Rubric marines with The Scourged trait is kinda awesome.

For that trait, and it is a good one, you lose ObSec, a proper psychic power and 6" of range on the power and the baby smite. That is pretty much. The trait also slows the game down needlessly, if you play it as written. You have to roll each inferno boltgun separately.

It's a wash between Scourged Rubric's and Thousand Sons Rubric's. Both have their pro's and con's.

As for having to roll separately, that's just a stupid and obtuse level of rules lawyering.

The intent of the rule is clear, even if the wording could've been better (as it is for Salamanders), and if someone forced me to roll each weapon separately I would pick up my army and leave. 

As for having to roll separately, that's just a stupid and obtuse level of rules lawyering.

The intent of the rule is clear, even if the wording could've been better (as it is for Salamanders), and if someone forced me to roll each weapon separately I would pick up my army and leave.

Well you are getting an unfair advantage then. If you do not roll separately, or give each bolter a different coloured dice, how would you know if you can reroll one or two dice on 1, 1, 6, 6?

While RAW allows fast rolling on these attacks, you cannot fulfil the rules for the reroll if you do so.

I don't see how it requires rolling one at a time - by my read you get to reroll one hit roll by one model in a unit with this trait.  There is nothing that requires you to choose that model before rolling.

So, you roll all the dice, you choose one hit roll you don't like and you reroll it.  Not sure why you are saying it requires individual rolling - are you suggesting each model in the unit gets a reroll?  That's not how I would read that rule, but I suppose its a bit ambiguous.

To me its ambiguous as to whether its one model in a unit, or each model in a unit as the working used "a model" could mean either.  I lean towards it being one model in a unit, as attacks are made by models, not units, and if they had meant each they could have easily said each.

Even if it does mean each model, that doesn't require you to roll each separately, you just have to separate the dice into "pools" when attacking with more than 1 shot per model:

1)  Roll all dice for the 1st attack.  Separate the dice that you want to reroll and set them aside (Pool 2) - the non-separated dice are Pool 1.

2) Determine wounds and armour saves for the Pool 1 (the non-seperated dice).  Keep track of the unsaved wounds. 

3) Roll Pool 1 for the 2nd attack, including Scourge rerolls, then determine wounds and armour saves for these rolls.  Add the unsaved wounds to those from step 2.

4) Set aside Pool 1 and pick up Pool 2.  Roll all dice for Pool 2 (this is the reroll for the 1st attack).  Determine wounds and armour saves, adding the unsaved wounds to those from steps 2 & 3.

5)  Roll Pool 2 again (this is the 2nd attack for this pool).  Do not make any Scourge rerolls.  Determine wounds and armour saves, adding the unsaved wounds to those from steps 2 -4.

6)  Remove models as per the total of unsaved wounds for steps 2-5.

Is this a joke? Tactical marines and CSM get one heavy weapon per 5 models, Noise Marines too.

Good heavens yes, I was being sarcastic. The needless nerfs and inconsistencies in rules with GW can be mind boggling.

More detailed rules talk is probably better in the OR, where the sinister machinations of GW's rules are better understood (or not; GW makes Tzeentch look like the god of same sometimes).

I don't think it's a huge concern? As who here isn't running their Rubrics in C:TS or had any thought otherwise? :P

ObSec matters all the time for me, my group runs both EW and Maelstrom missions.

I also run 10 man rubrics, usually 2-3 of them with some tzaangors for melee support.

I'm ok with the SR as is, but I wouldn't complain if we got more shots...

Archived