Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

In Vengeance of Sangarinus

Blood Angels Army List World Eaters

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 539 posts

Okay, so, a little background.

I have a friend at my FLGS who always, and I mean always runs a vehicle list. You know the type: all heavy, high-point-value vehicles. The reason for this is twofold. Firstly, he plays scaled-down versions of his 2000-3500 lists in thousand-point (which we play regularly). Second, he hasn't bothered to collect large amounts of infantry other than the occasional squad of Khorne Berzerkers, Plague Marines, Drukhari Incubi and Asuryani Rangers, depending on the list he's running. He runs variants on the following list VERY often:

1 giant transport (Chaos Land Raider, FW Tantalus, etc.)

2-4 vehicles with decent weapons intended to pin me down (Chaos Vindicator, Cabal Ravager, etc.)

A squad or two of melee infantry (Incubi, Khorne Berzerkers, etc.)

And one (always one) HQ unit, usually with melee abilities (Khârn the Betrayer, Cabal Archon, etc.)

So I decided to put together a list with similar makeup, for my Astartes.

CRIMSON KNIGHTS (BLOOD ANGELS successor variable keyword) Spearhead Detachment (4 CP)

HQ Options:

Librarian in Phobos Armor w/Camo Cloak, Force Sword: 111 Points

Primaris Librarian w/Force Sword: 101 Points

Heavy Support Options:

Primaris Hellblasters x6 w/Heavy Plasma Incinerators: 210 Points

Vindicator w/Hunter-killer Missile, Storm Bolter: 133 Points

Vindicator w/Hunter-killer Missile, Storm Bolter: 133 Points

Dedicated Transport Options:

Primaris Repulsor w/Ironhail Heavy Stubber, Krakstorm Grenade Launcher x2, Las-talon, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Storm Bolters x3: 309 Points

Total: 997 Points

Expensive, but worth it to see the look on his face when I field something like his list against him and finally, finally flatten him.

= All our ignorances bring us closer to annihilation. =                         = Revere the Omnissiah, for it is the source of all power. =

My first real conversion, the ruinous Lord Rotpurge.                           Project: Steel of Ages, led by Fabricator-General Zephaniah Adriyen.

My Death Guard Warband, the list Lord Rotpurge is a part of.            The home system of the Crimson Knights.

My Astartes list, the Crimson Knights.                                                  "On Lord Leviathan, Fallen Knight of Ragnarus" - Zephaniah Adriyen

Lynnean

Lynnean

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,533 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Exsanguinators

The one thing i'm worried about is that vindicator are meh. If he brings only tanks, wouldn't trilas preds/devastators be better?
Secondly, why not take Slamguinius? He can take care of some vehicles on his own. 
Third, is there a way you could free up some points to take a batallion with scouts? Gives us the much needed CP. 

Cheers!

ETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_An

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blood Angels, Army List, World Eaters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users