ITC-Pure faction

TiguriusX

Not sure how many of you keep up with ITC and the competitive scene

But a change in how tournament points are scored came in today

Basically you can expect to see more PURE armies in the tournament scene

If you want to be known as the best Space Wolf you now need to play 100% space wolf to count your points for the season.  You can't have a castellan and loyal 32 and a handful of SW to do it

If you are slogging away with your SW this is a chance to find new purpose

And yes....you are still considered pure SW if you spend a CP for a single assassin 

I was really excited to see this change. It should be really interesting to see how the meta shifts with this one non gameplay.rule change.

Just a couple of quick question. What is ITC? And is there a page where it is possible to see the tournament scores? Because I have tried to find such a page.

Cpt. Danjou

ITC is basically both a standardized set of tournament rules and a way to track the overall tournament stats of players, teams, and factions.

This is a big deal because previously people would game it where as long as your largest detachment was a certain faction it didn’t matter what else you brought.

https://www.frontlinegaming.org/community/frontline-gamings-independent-tournament-circuit/itc-2015-rankings/

But it doesn't prevent you from playing a mixed list right? So wouldn't that mean that the people who only care about winning will still use mixed lists, while army fans will use mono-lists?

I guess we can see who has the best mono list, but we could do that anyways with some elbow grease.

But it doesn't prevent you from playing a mixed list right? So wouldn't that mean that the people who only care about winning will still use mixed lists, while army fans will use mono-lists?

I guess we can see who has the best mono list, but we could do that anyways with some elbow grease.

Correct, but the mixed lists are no longer eligible for “Best *mono codex*”. They would be stuck to Imperial, Chaos, etc. It’s more a change in incentive.

Just a couple of quick question. What is ITC? And is there a page where it is possible to see the tournament scores? Because I have tried to find such a page.

Cpt. Danjou

ITC: Independent tournament circuit.

I usually go here for info: https://www.frontlinegaming.org/community/frontline-gamings-independent-tournament-circuit/

However there might be a better site as I am not a tourney watcher like some.

Cpt. Danjou

ITC is an attempt to make fair but competitive rule set to play 40k tournaments

8th edition is so good they dont have many custom rules

ITC does have mission packs and secondary objectives. The theme behind the ITC scoring is removing random arbitrary mission objectives.

There is also a strong suggestion to put a decent amount of terrain on the table.

ITC is mostly a US thing but it has gone international.

The Las Vegas Open (LVO) is the biggest 40k tournament in the world and considered the ITC season finale/championship.

The biggest ITC item is anyone can run an ITC tournament and submit the score to them. Every week there are many ITC qualified tournaments going on ranging from RTT to GTs and Majors.

If you want to know tournament results there is an app called Best Coast Pairings (BCP) that will let you see everything from player match ups per round to a specific player list

The top 10 player points are reported weekly on the front line gaming podcast (the guys who made and organize ITC)

Any follow up questions just ask

I think this is GREAT news.  It won't change who wins, but it will definitely give more recognition to those who enjoy playing mono-dex.  Two thumbs up.

I guess my hope is it could just a little bit though! Certainly not overall winners but we could see more internally balanced lists showing up at the middle tables (where I live).

I know i will be shelving my ad mech and knight because of it

Maybe just use those in league play once in a while

Pure wolf time...leviathans and stormfangs come out and play with my shadowspear vanguard

Archived